Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
profligate

Vancouver, Canada

22 posts in this topic

Taking another swing at this.

Any players in the Vancouver area, as far as West Vancouver or Langley?  Interested in starting a playgroup for weekday evenings/afternoons, possibly through one of the local stores for prize support.  PM here or email to: profligate74 (at) gmail (dot) com.

Hey profligate,

I've asked the guys at Strategies on Main Street to get the playkit in and see about setting up some organized play events.  Would that be something you're interested in participating in too?

Cheers,

somnambulant

Probably won't be setting up any organized play or anything, but I'm regularly at the Connection Games on Renfrew on Saturdays (1pm-4 or later).

I've checked out Strategies and Core Games, neither of which seem too interested in running OP.  I'll try to check out The Connection in the next week and if no one else is going to support us, then I guess I'll suck it up and try to run some OP myself.  Which super sucks because I want to play, but I want the game to succeed more.

profligate said:

I've checked out Strategies and Core Games, neither of which seem too interested in running OP.  I'll try to check out The Connection in the next week and if no one else is going to support us, then I guess I'll suck it up and try to run some OP myself.  Which super sucks because I want to play, but I want the game to succeed more.

You can still play even if you are running the tournament kit. As per the tournament rules for TO Participation on page 3. Just need someone else to be a TO do your rulings. Now to get a tournament kit you need to have a B2B account to order them from FFG. Email FFG, explain your situation and they might be able to set you up with one.

Tournament Organizer Participation
The TO may participate in a tournament for which he or she
is responsible only if there is a second tournament organizer
present. This second TO must be present and announced at the
beginning of the tournament, and is responsible for all rulings
for games in which the primary TO is playing.

If you manage to get something running at Connections, I'd be happy to help judge now and then so that you can play. I already judge other CCGs and I probably won't have enough time to sit and play through tournaments all the time.

profligate said:

The Strategies guy may have been hesitant because I'd already spoken to him about it.  Hoping to get something going there still. Spoke with him again today and it's still a possibility. Fingers crossed. I'll post here if I hear any more about it.

The Connection isn't going to run anything either. Guess we're on our own unless Strategies comes through or I can convince Core to run things for us.

Talked to one of the Connection guys yesterday and he said that they might have space for us on Tuesday nights or maybe Saturday morning/early afternoon. Connections is on Renfrew and Grandview (12th)

Just moved to Vancouver, would like to find someone to run with/against after finishing settle down. Should we get some contact list such as Google group?

Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to announce that Trilogy Games in Calgary Alberta Canada has been chosen as one of 5 locations to host this year's Android Netrunner in Canada! As this announcement has only today, we will be posting dates and details for this event in the very near future. We are tentatively planning for June 2014.

If anyone here knows of individuals, play groups, stores that have players that may be interested in this opportunity, please have them forward an email to our store at info@trilogygamingclub.com or PM me here on FFG forums. Also, we will be posting details for this event on our facebook page, twitter @trilogygaming and on our website at www.trilogygamingclub.com.

If there are any ideas people have for how to best run this event, side events, whatever please let us know!

Looking forward to hosting this great event and thank you to FFG for your support of local retailers!