Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brownmantle

Playmat?

66 posts in this topic

benhanses said:

Brownmantle said:

 

crap…sry about that. I Don't know how to get it to work. I love that Gandalf, though. And the Strider is pretty wicked as well.

 

 

 

I assume this is the one you were referring to?:    www.matthew-stewart.com/portfolio/single-gallery/7320417
Agreed, with the exception of puffy, white sleeves (seems a bit impractical in his "line of work")…  it's how I've always imagined him skulking in the corner of the inn….

Not a LOTR painting, but I was struck by the simplicity of the painintg and what it portrayed:  www.matthew-stewart.com/portfolio/single-gallery/11885332

And this may actually be my favorite: www.matthew-stewart.com/portfolio/single-gallery/5184682
Eowyn being one of my favorite characters (I believe I may have said that about every character in Middle Earth at least once on these boards somewhere… lol), I LOVE how defiant she looks.  And the way the Witch King frames the outside of the painting and focuses the view inward on her is BRILLIANT!  This is one I would definitely want… as a playmat, on my wall, as a screen saver, tattooed on my eyelids, as a bed spread…  ok, a bed-spread might be taking it a bit far. 

 

But seriously.  Eyelids.
 

 

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I think there MUST be a way to buy the Gandalf print…

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stumbled upon this thread and went into just have a look at his works. The result was that I purchased the Strider pic. I also sent a mail to ask about the Gandalf pic but I believe it has been sold already. Haven't gotten any answer yet though. I'll post if/when I get an answer ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mr.thomasschmidt said:

I stumbled upon this thread and went into just have a look at his works. The result was that I purchased the Strider pic. I also sent a mail to ask about the Gandalf pic but I believe it has been sold already. Haven't gotten any answer yet though. I'll post if/when I get an answer ^^

 

This is amazing. When you say you purchased the pic, Is it the ACTUAL painting, a physical print of the image, or a digital print of the image?! I want one!!!!! PLEASE let me know what happens! I want one to hang over my mantle and the Gandalf, strider, or Boromir Paintings would quite literally be a dream come true. I will be in touch about the playmats. T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gatharion said:

A playmat with that picture of Eowyn and the Witch King would be an insta-buy for me.

Brownmantle has now posted a few pics of the playmats he has now gotten (including that Eowyn pic), and they look AMAZING!! Hoping he can post them here….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

benhanses said:

gatharion said:

A playmat with that picture of Eowyn and the Witch King would be an insta-buy for me.

Brownmantle has now posted a few pics of the playmats he has now gotten (including that Eowyn pic), and they look AMAZING!! Hoping he can post them here….

 

Hey Ben, I don't know how or where to post pictures where they can be viewed by all these lovely folks. If you know how, feel free!

 

I should have done this one…

http://tednasmith.mymiddleearth.com/2012/07/04/the-blue-wizards-journeying-east/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

richsabre said:

Brownmantle said:

 

What a UC & can I have one?

 

 

ah sorry- i meant unfinished tales

rich

I thought that's what you meant, I wish mine had a cool cover like that. I have this one:

Tolkien+-+Unfinished+Tales.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John85 said:

richsabre said:

 

Brownmantle said:

 

What a UC & can I have one?

 

 

ah sorry- i meant unfinished tales

rich

 

 

I thought that's what you meant, I wish mine had a cool cover like that. I have this one:

Tolkien+-+Unfinished+Tales.jpg

thats quite cool- i cant see from here, whos the image of?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know (haven't read), the guy (hooded) in the center's on a throne with a wolf, a striking serpent is over his shoulder (in the background), and on the other side is a man with a helmet. I'm trying to figure out who they are; since I haven't read it yet it's difficult. On another forum it was suggested that Morgoth was in the center with Carcharoth. The other guy is Turin maybe? The snake is maybe Sauron?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John85 said:

I don't know (haven't read), the guy (hooded) in the center's on a throne with a wolf, a striking serpent is over his shoulder (in the background), and on the other side is a man with a helmet. I'm trying to figure out who they are; since I haven't read it yet it's difficult. On another forum it was suggested that Morgoth was in the center with Carcharoth. The other guy is Turin maybe? The snake is maybe Sauron?

ohh….i have to admit ive no idea- my 1st age lore is rubbish :(

rich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

richsabre said:

John85 said:

I don't know (haven't read), the guy (hooded) in the center's on a throne with a wolf, a striking serpent is over his shoulder (in the background), and on the other side is a man with a helmet. I'm trying to figure out who they are; since I haven't read it yet it's difficult. On another forum it was suggested that Morgoth was in the center with Carcharoth. The other guy is Turin maybe? The snake is maybe Sauron?

 

ohh….i have to admit ive no idea- my 1st age lore is rubbish :(

rich

I bet it's better than mine (non-existent).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John85 said:

I don't know (haven't read), the guy (hooded) in the center's on a throne with a wolf, a striking serpent is over his shoulder (in the background), and on the other side is a man with a helmet. I'm trying to figure out who they are; since I haven't read it yet it's difficult. On another forum it was suggested that Morgoth was in the center with Carcharoth. The other guy is Turin maybe? The snake is maybe Sauron?

John85 said:

I don't know (haven't read), the guy (hooded) in the center's on a throne with a wolf, a striking serpent is over his shoulder (in the background), and on the other side is a man with a helmet. I'm trying to figure out who they are; since I haven't read it yet it's difficult. On another forum it was suggested that Morgoth was in the center with Carcharoth. The other guy is Turin maybe? The snake is maybe Sauron?

 

Quite sure that is Morgoth/Melkor and Carcharoth (alhtough not at all how I had them depicted in my mind).  I can't think of any stories overtly that involve snakes as major plot points, but if I assume that the picture is supposed to be around that same theme, it may be representing Sauron.  During his battle with Haun, Sauron shape-shifted into various forms, one of which was a snake, before escaping as a vampiric bat (if memory serves).  I think the most questionable part about the picture is the man/orc in the upper left…  I saw it suggested in another forum (cuz I obviously have no life but to surf for Tolkien-themed forums out there… lol) that it might be Turin after getting burnt by Glaurung?  If so, I think it's horribly out of place in this particular painting, but can't honestly think of who else in the Melkor/Carhcaroth/Sauron/Huan theme would be represented by such an odd looking figure…  Beren doesn't match at all.  I could maybe think it was Hurin possibly?  He was improsined/tortured by Morgoth for 20 years, and his children figure heavily in those stories?  Just an odd, but definitely conversation-provoking, picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Asterisk said:

Nobody got playmats from the art suggested here did they ? Surely it would be blocked for copyright.

mmm…aparently the forum isnt putting up posts i make now…anyways ill retype…

….no this is just a 'what if' thread….turned into an art appreciation thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

richsabre said:

Asterisk said:

 

Nobody got playmats from the art suggested here did they ? Surely it would be blocked for copyright.

 

 

mmm…aparently the forum isnt putting up posts i make now…anyways ill retype…

….no this is just a 'what if' thread….turned into an art appreciation thread.

 

Yea i had that prob lastnight also.

aah k :D thought so, would have to be dam lucky to get some of the art posted as playmats, wish we could though :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0