Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kriegschatten

Operation Hades is Now Available for Sale

21 posts in this topic

What makes me laugh is that the Attack helicopters are now finally available along with the imminant release of SSU heavy tanks and anti-tank units all just in time to go underground with the Hades pack - I think production schedules have gone a bit wonkey :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Major Mishap said:

What makes me laugh is that the Attack helicopters are now finally available along with the imminant release of SSU heavy tanks and anti-tank units all just in time to go underground with the Hades pack - I think production schedules have gone a bit wonkey :)

Yeah I have been wondering that myself. Having experienced AT43 and its issues I would say dust is going a whole lot better. Im just glad they are making new items and they are getting released. A little late for me is ok as long as they keep the great stuff coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kriegschatten said:

Linky==> http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3705

 

Unfortunately, the manual doesn't seem to be up yet.

 

Which is too bad.  I'm eager to see what the rules for tracked vehicles and Tesla weapons are.

 

No rules for tracked vehicles, in Operation Hades.

 

Lets see Tesla Weapons:

Continue to re-roll hits like laser weapons.

Affect all spaces between weapon and target like flamethrowers.

Ignore Cover.

If a vehicle with a Tesla weapon is destroyed all units in adjacent spaces suffer a attack as if they had been attacked by the Tesla Weapon.

If a non-vehicle  unit with a Tesla weapon is destroyed roll a die if you get a hit, see above (vehicle).

Hades comes with Metro Trains, trees for terrain, all pretty cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Er, what?

 

Hades has rules for Tesla Weapons but not tracked vehicles?

 

Isn't the only unit currently in the game with a Tesla Weapon also a tracked vehicle? preocupado.gif

 

 

Man, these guys are killin' me…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think rules for "tracked vehicle" are only for the dust warfare players since they have more options for terrian compared to the tiles we use in tactics.

Tesla weapons are going to dominate infantry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

marcemtp said:

I think rules for "tracked vehicle" are only for the dust warfare players since they have more options for terrian compared to the tiles we use in tactics.

Tesla weapons are going to dominate infantry. 

umm, no.  It's on the tactics cards.  It was an oversight and has been explained that tracked vehicle means they cannot move diagonal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That means either they are very slow or you only place them in front of enemy forces and scream " Foward Comrades"! Ach the magic of Red Tide….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

blkdymnd said:

marcemtp said:

 

I think rules for "tracked vehicle" are only for the dust warfare players since they have more options for terrian compared to the tiles we use in tactics.

Tesla weapons are going to dominate infantry. 

 

 

umm, no.  It's on the tactics cards.  It was an oversight and has been explained that tracked vehicle means they cannot move diagonal.

 

It was?  Where was this explanation made?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kriegschatten said:

blkdymnd said:

 

marcemtp said:

 

I think rules for "tracked vehicle" are only for the dust warfare players since they have more options for terrian compared to the tiles we use in tactics.

Tesla weapons are going to dominate infantry. 

 

 

umm, no.  It's on the tactics cards.  It was an oversight and has been explained that tracked vehicle means they cannot move diagonal.

 

 

 

It was?  Where was this explanation made?

facebook Dust group.  One of the guys played at the FFG event center last weekend and got the ruling from Zach.  I also got an answer to my email confirming the same from Zach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

blkdymnd said:

facebook Dust group.  One of the guys played at the FFG event center last weekend and got the ruling from Zach.  I also got an answer to my email confirming the same from Zach.

Man, they're really trying get me to join the 21st century and join Facebook, aren't they?

 

 

Oh, a question for those with Hades.  What units are used as the "watermark" for the manual?  For example, Seelowe had the Konigsluther while Zverograd had one of the SSU heavy tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got the game yesterday and I must say i am not very impressed with the underground rules. I guess I was hoping for something a little more ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kriegschatten said:

Oh, a question for those with Hades.  What units are used as the "watermark" for the manual?  For example, Seelowe had the Konigsluther while Zverograd had one of the SSU heavy tanks.

IS-5 looks like the Lenin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mgentile7 said:

I just got the game yesterday and I must say i am not very impressed with the underground rules. I guess I was hoping for something a little more ???

wow, we played it last night and thought they were fantastic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

blkdymnd said:

mgentile7 said:

 

I just got the game yesterday and I must say i am not very impressed with the underground rules. I guess I was hoping for something a little more ???

 

 

wow, we played it last night and thought they were fantastic

I guess to be more specifice I have been using my custom board with custom rules that allowed for much more un-targeted areas where only hand to hand fighting can take place. Not the way the new rules use the 3-4 spaces to affect play. I saw a sewer that had little to no lighting and troops mostly stumbling around in darkness fighting hand to hand battles or very close quarters battles. The new rules remind me of a more weather related type rule system of limited lighting and/or night fighting. Again I guess I was expecting something different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mgentile7 said:

blkdymnd said:

 

mgentile7 said:

 

I just got the game yesterday and I must say i am not very impressed with the underground rules. I guess I was hoping for something a little more ???

 

 

wow, we played it last night and thought they were fantastic

 

 

I guess to be more specifice I have been using my custom board with custom rules that allowed for much more un-targeted areas where only hand to hand fighting can take place. Not the way the new rules use the 3-4 spaces to affect play. I saw a sewer that had little to no lighting and troops mostly stumbling around in darkness fighting hand to hand battles or very close quarters battles. The new rules remind me of a more weather related type rule system of limited lighting and/or night fighting. Again I guess I was expecting something different.

 

"This Campbells Soup isn't good at all! My homemade soup, with vegetables right from my garden is much better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SeismicShock said:

mgentile7 said:

 

blkdymnd said:

 

mgentile7 said:

 

I just got the game yesterday and I must say i am not very impressed with the underground rules. I guess I was hoping for something a little more ???

 

 

wow, we played it last night and thought they were fantastic

 

 

I guess to be more specifice I have been using my custom board with custom rules that allowed for much more un-targeted areas where only hand to hand fighting can take place. Not the way the new rules use the 3-4 spaces to affect play. I saw a sewer that had little to no lighting and troops mostly stumbling around in darkness fighting hand to hand battles or very close quarters battles. The new rules remind me of a more weather related type rule system of limited lighting and/or night fighting. Again I guess I was expecting something different.

 

 

 

"This Campbells Soup isn't good at all! My homemade soup, with vegetables right from my garden is much better!

I dont eat Cambells soup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0