Sign in to follow this  
Chairborne

Elite Talent Priority?

I’m designing a 250-300 point a side Scenario. I have a limited number of Elite Talent cards against the number of Crafts capable of taking the upgrade.

As the cards are not faction specific, this might cause some confusion. (Calling them Bruce will not resolve the issue.)

My question is which faction has the priority on choosing Elite Talent cards.

An example is “Squad Leader”. It comes with the Advanced TIE fighter. It has a dot in front of it, thus only one of the card may exist in the game. Who gets dibs on it?

Did I miss something in the rules, or it assumed that it is a Tournament and each player has their own set of cards for their own faction?

Suggestions or directions to the solution?

Thanks,

James

Chairborne said:

I’m designing a 250-300 point a side Scenario. I have a limited number of Elite Talent cards against the number of Crafts capable of taking the upgrade.

As the cards are not faction specific, this might cause some confusion. (Calling them Bruce will not resolve the issue.)

My question is which faction has the priority on choosing Elite Talent cards.

An example is “Squad Leader”. It comes with the Advanced TIE fighter. It has a dot in front of it, thus only one of the card may exist in the game. Who gets dibs on it?

Did I miss something in the rules, or it assumed that it is a Tournament and each player has their own set of cards for their own faction?

Suggestions or directions to the solution?

Thanks,

James

Everything is unique per side.

See pg. 21 of the rulebook, "Squad Building In Missions." Though you aren't technically setting up for a mission, it says, "The Imperial player chooses first from the available Upgrade cards. I imagine that if you are ever in a situation with limited upgrade cards this seems pretty fair with the ships we have now.

ShadowJak's comment is also important to consider.

Chairborne said:

How can you tell which upgrade goes with which faction?

@ Parakitor: Thanks, I missed that.

Both Sides:

-> pilot talents (it doesnt matter whether the picture shows a TIE fighter or some rebel ship, both sides can make use of them regardless)

Rebels only:

-> astromechs

-> proton torpedoes

-> ion cannon turret

Imperials only:

-> missiles (for the time being)

Duraham said:

Chairborne said:

Both Sides:

-> pilot talents (it doesnt matter whether the picture shows a TIE fighter or some rebel ship, both sides can make use of them regardless)

Rebels only:

-> astromechs

-> proton torpedoes

-> ion cannon turret

Imperials only:

My question was about "pilot talents" The others are rather self evident. gui%C3%B1o.gif 

I didn't and still don't understand Shadowjak's response. How is everything unique per side. I cant remember reading anything denoting which "Elite Talent" cards are unique to each faction.

He meant that a card being "unique" only restricted it to once/side, not once/game.  Thus, both sides can have the Squad Leader upgrade or such things.  Currently, there are no upgrades that are restricted to use by a certain faction (other than by available upgrade slots).

Chairborne said:

Duraham said:

Chairborne said:

Both Sides:

Rebels only:

-> astromechs

-> proton torpedoes

-> ion cannon turret

Imperials only:

My question was about "pilot talents" The others are rather self evident. gui%C3%B1o.gif 

I didn't and still don't understand Shadowjak's response. How is everything unique per side. I cant remember reading anything denoting which "Elite Talent" cards are unique to each faction.

They're all self-evident if you read the rules. Don't get cheeky with the man. He's only doing his best to politely answer a question that needn't be asked. 

KarmikazeKidd, your qualifications are exactly what that puts you in the position to decided what questions need be asked and those that need not? Are you a Moderator, or a Staff member? 

I had a simple question and Parakitor answered it. Shadowjak gave a reply that confused me and dbmeboy answered that. How my response to Duraham could be considered "Cheeky" is beyond me,

Chairborne said:

KarmikazeKidd, your qualifications are exactly what that puts you in the position to decided what questions need be asked and those that need not? Are you a Moderator, or a Staff member? 

I had a simple question and Parakitor answered it. Shadowjak gave a reply that confused me and dbmeboy answered that. How my response to Duraham could be considered "Cheeky" is beyond me,

First, I apologize if my comment came across as too harsh. However, I don't see how you could take offense at my comment and not recognize the tone of your own. Between the rulebook and the FAQ any question you've posed (other than the opinion portion) could have been easily answered. Nothing about them would lead Duraham to believe that any part of the upgrade cards is 'self-evident' to you. He was being nice enough to try to help your understanding. If you didn't find it helpful, you could have just let it be with no comment. Instead you basically responded with "Gee thanks Captain Obvious", which was unnecessary.

As far as my qualifications: No I'm not a moderator or a staff member. And I doubt I'll ever be one, because I lack a certain amount of patience important to such a position. However I do possess logical reasoning, a competent level of reading comprehension, and opinions. One of these opinions (fueled by the former two noted mental faculties) is that there are indeed unnecessary questions. Included under this heading are any questions plainly answered via the rulebook or FAQ. An example: "Does my ship receive a stress token if I assign it a red maneuver?". Obviously, there's not much point to asking a question like this on the forum.

Anywho, no harm done. Carry on.