Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
peterstepon

FF books on Amazon

9 posts in this topic

Lately I have not seen too many FF titles on Amazon.  Even books like Tome of Fate and Honour the Chapter have still not appeared (at least in Canada).  I have not even seen a peep about Deathwatch the outer reaches even though it looks like it should be hitting stores any time now.  Any news about whether or not Amazon will get these books, or will we need to pay inflated prices at the local distributor or go PDF all the way like White Wolf?

It seems that Amazon.ca isn't carrying many F F G books any more at all . . .

I've been waiting to order the Death Watch core book and some others but looks like that won't be happening.

I find this a very strange change.  One of the main retailers I usually go to said that they will stop carrying RPG products and focus on cards and boardgames. 

Is there anyone from FFG who can comment?  Should I just wait for Amazon to come around or should I go for the PDF or go to my local retailer?

peterstepon said:

I find this a very strange change.  One of the main retailers I usually go to said that they will stop carrying RPG products and focus on cards and boardgames. 

Is there anyone from FFG who can comment?  Should I just wait for Amazon to come around or should I go for the PDF or go to my local retailer?

Amazon have long been bad with release dates and customer service on RPG books, due to the extended proof reading, and updating that goes into publishing them it means that Amazon's largely automated system cannot cope. Try using a third party site.

From personal experience, Amazon always took forever to include long-released FFG titles into their range - to the point where I just cancelled an order and, from that moment on, ordered directly from FFG. They do have international shipping and were very fast, so this is an option I would recommend.

Unless you're happy with digital versions of the books, of course. In that case I agree regarding -> DrivethruRPG.com

Try Chapters if you're in Canada. They only ever carried Dark Heresy in the actual stores, and that was when it came out, but their online store usually is pretty good.

And when people learn that Amazon is REALLY flaky when it comes to RPG books. They clearly don't understand the industry at all, and have no sympathies for just how frequently pretty much everyone but Wizards (who are owned by Hasbro!) misses the release dates for their books, even if just by a little. And if they are still behaving the same way when White Wolf was selling through them (instead of .pdf and Print on Demand through Drive Thru), then they're probably refusing to even list most FFG products until a about week after their release.