Sign in to follow this  
player1540319

Who has init?

You have to have a fist fight with your opponent. Marquis of Queensbury rules. Winner gets initiative, and gets to take home all the models regardless of who they belonged to before the match.

Then I would say whomever has the highest agility, if thats equal then I would guess lowest pilot skill goes first, if not that then each roll an attack dice - first to roll a hit has initiative.  If there is a tie - re-roll until result achieved.

Smekyasoschern said:

Then I would say whomever has the highest agility, if thats equal then I would guess lowest pilot skill goes first, if not that then each roll an attack dice - first to roll a hit has initiative.  If there is a tie - re-roll until result achieved.

How would you use agility as a house-ruled initiative determining factor? An entire side has initiative, not a ship.

Major Mishap said:

In big bold type on page 7 it say's the Imperial player goes first.

Those aren't tournament rules. The tournament rules say to just flip a coin. Everyone I play with just uses the tournament rules all the time (apart from time limits or anything like that).

ArcticSnake said:

Player with higher agility goes first

~Do you set up an obstacle course to determine this?

I don't understand how you can use a per-ship statistic to determine which player goes first.

Exactly. You got it. Something not unlike wipe-out or american gladiators. Before the game. Sort of a prelim to determine which player has the highest agility.

EDIT: I think I have to include gran_risa.gif for clarity.

Radiskull totally ninja warriored this post! lol.

but NFL does the coin flip so I dont see why thats not a good way to go., and anyway, like all games, I want to play the tourney rules!. otherwise it seems a little…I dunno lame. Tournament rules a great because they have already de facto'd FAQ'd the thing out a little…many of the conflicts are decided upon. and if you ever go to a sanctioned event or game night, most people will be on board with the format.