Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
player1075967

Razor Wire Questions

5 posts in this topic

Q1:

The rule says that  " Razor wire may be destroyed by  area attack that causes three or more successes."

May player attack "razor wire" If there is no units in the hex containing razor wire?

Q2:

If a player executes an assault attack to a hex containing  razor wire.

When resolving assault attack, the defendant unit in that hex may attack with half firepowe or fullpower?

Thanks in advance

I dont know the answeres to these questions, but it rises one of my own questions.

Q1: was this actually used? Did they actually use mortars to remove razor wires?  Seems very strange to me, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Regarding question 2, I would definitively say that half firepower fits better, but I dont know.

finhisky said:

Q1:

The rule says that  " Razor wire may be destroyed by  area attack that causes three or more successes."

May player attack "razor wire" If there is no units in the hex containing razor wire?

Yes, you could attack the hex with your mortars for instance since area attack weapons such as mortars / artillery, etc. target the hex, not units.  Since suppressive fire attacks count as well, you could fire your mortar at the hex with suppressive fire to knock out the razor wire (since the mortar gets twice as many dice for suppressive fire as opposed to normal fire).

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDetect languageDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddish?AfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddish
???? » Afrikaans

thanks a lot

thanks a lot ^^

Q 1: yes.

Q 2: half.

Yes, artillery was used to destroy barbed wire etc. to open a path for the advancing infantry.