Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bomb

Little and Less Event

57 posts in this topic

Wow… talk about chopping the utility of the card off at the balls.  I was actually hoping we'd see it shake up the meta a bit, but I'd be hard pressed to justify this into any event slot when if all you are trying to do is cancel events there are cards that already do that and have the added benefit of not signalling to your opponent what's going on beforehand and wasting your opponent's card as well.

Reldan said:

I'd be hard pressed to justify this into any event slot when if all you are trying to do is cancel events there are cards that already do that and have the added benefit of not signalling to your opponent what's going on beforehand and wasting your opponent's card as well.

Exactly – why would you use this in a joust game at all instead of a Paper Shield, for example? In a melee where the probability of multiple responses being played, it might be more useful. But still, this card just lost all it's excitement.

Ok, so I get that now this event means you can't play any events or other types of responses from hand (like jumping Drogo), but what about Bloodrider?  They are a put-into-play effect that we know is different than "play."   Can I still trigger them if this event has already been played?

Hi all,

A little confused on the exact use of this card. Does this stop anything coming out of your hand that is basically triggered, e.g. Responses, Any Phase, Challenges, etc, or does it only stop cards that use the term Response?

Also, I am not always clear on timing but can you play this card in the Plot phase before the Plots have been chosen, and then chose Valar, and stop Narrow Escape from being played?

Cheers,

Mooch

Slothgodfather said:

Ok, so I get that now this event means you can't play any events or other types of responses from hand (like jumping Drogo), but what about Bloodrider?  They are a put-into-play effect that we know is different than "play."   Can I still trigger them if this event has already been played?
Bloodrider is no different, really, from Khal Drogo. In order to put the card into play (Bloodrider for cost, Drogo for effect), you have to play the Response effect from your hand. Little and Less prevents you from doing this.

Mooch68 said:

A little confused on the exact use of this card. Does this stop anything coming out of your hand that is basically triggered, e.g. Responses, Any Phase, Challenges, etc, or does it only stop cards that use the term Response?
Only Response effects cannot be triggered. That means anything that says "Response" in bold letters before the rest of the card's ability.

Mooch68 said:

Also, I am not always clear on timing but can you play this card in the Plot phase before the Plots have been chosen, and then chose Valar, and stop Narrow Escape from being played?
Note that since Narrow Escape is not a Response effect, this card has no interaction with Narrow Escape at all.

The card's effect is itself a Response. So you need a (standard) Response opportunity in order to play it. You can't just toss it on the table before plots and say "here you go."

However, since the text says it can Respond to anything, you can always play it in response to the phase starting.