Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lostcymbrogi

New to Arkam Horror-Suggestions on how to not die and possibly win?

7 posts in this topic

I bought this a while back, but never got a chance to fully explore it until recently. It seems pretty complex and we die…alot. Any suggestions on how to not die and possibly win?

Focus on sealing gates, almost above all else. If you can close a gate but not seal, consider just walking away from it instead. 

jack21222 said:

Focus on sealing gates, almost above all else. If you can close a gate but not seal, consider just walking away from it instead. 

I agree. Rapid sealing can lead fighting the GOO quickly, however there are some locations, (e.g. Hibb's, Historical Society) which don't get gates often so simply closing them is acceptable.

If you look at the Akrhamwiki on the net, there is quite a long list of things to take care of in order to spot out a winning strategy. Anyway, look at the frequency of gates (somewhere they tend to appear more often than somewhere else), do not waste clues on skill checks, and go for sealing as soon as you can. After some games, you should be able to control the main board pretty easily and win almost all your games :-)

Also if everything goes wrong and there is no chance of winning by seals, start preparing for final combat. Check the AO's strengths and weaknesses and gear up accordingly. Buy weapons, gather clues and bless as many investigators as possible.

Tbla said:

Also if everything goes wrong and there is no chance of winning by seals, start preparing for final combat. Check the AO's strengths and weaknesses and gear up accordingly. Buy weapons, gather clues and bless as many investigators as possible.

I always have trouble admitting when it's time to do that.