Sign in to follow this  
LordofBrewtown

ITE Legacy Pack

I don't remember if we've addressed this before or not.  But, why not make the ITE Legacy pack LCG legal?  All the cards are fixed, so it fits easily into the LCG concept.  That would get a few more uniques for each house back into play - and greatly help Greyjoy and Martell.  Royal Decree would be a fun Multiplayer plot.  Stark probably gets hosed a bit based on what's in there - but in general I think this would be a win-win.  Would help stores/FFG sell any remaining product (I don't think this sold out).  

Sorry if I missed this topic previously - but does anyone see a down side to this?  

I've brought this up before with no official reply.

I think it has something to do with them not wanting to print/publish stuff that isn't in the model (why it wasn't included in the model is a different question) and making ti legal now gets into access issues that they are trying to do away with with the LCG.

Well, I know its been mentioned before... but I'd be all for a sort of new LCG Legacy pack.  I guess it would sort of be a core set 'lite' or a kind of mega-chapter pack... just all reprints to flesh out some of the stuff we're all looking for without having to wait for it to be mixed in with the new CPs.

There are a dozen ways I think FFG could pull it off succesfully, for both themselves and the players concerned.

I don't see any access issues. This is widley avaialbale form on line reatilers at decent prices and is probably still on hand at FFG.

There would be NO down side to making this legal - especially given teh "Back to Westeros" flavor of teh Core set anyway.

Paper Freaking Shield?? Please. It is SO badly needed  in the current environment.

I guess the counter argument is if you're going to make the (fixed) Legacy Pack legal, why not make the (fixed) ITE and 5KE starters legal as well? And if you're going to do the starters, why not do the whole set? Is it better to never start or come up with an "arbitrary" end?

I think Lars is right; it has more to do with the Legacy Pack being part of the CCG model than anything else. The line in the sand is February, 2008. It'd certainly fit the current environment, but it's on the other side of where FFG drew the line.

I don't disagree about the contents being helpful (especially paper shield).

But the access issues remain. Yes it is available from some online sellers, but from FFG's perspective it is an out of print item that fixed or not would not be available from them. I can get Ice and Fire starter decks from online retailers, should those be included too?

I'd be thirlled if the Legacy pack was LCG legal, but i understand why it isn't.

I doubt they sold out of it - look at LOB's inital post above. Why couldn't they make it available?

Making this elgal and avaialble would be a win all around - i think LOB is wholly accurate here.

I have no idea if they sold out of it - if so, then I can maybe see why they wouldn't want to make it legal.  

As far as fitting the LCG model - I think it does quite well, and that's why I singled out the ITE Legacy pack, and not the Starters or previous Legacy packs.  The ITE Legacy pack cards fit the new art template, and it's not a playable deck in the way that the starters are.  As far as being out of print - didn't FFG say that the chapter packs will each have just one printing - when they are gone they are done/no more printings?  So, again, the ITE Legacy pack fits in there as well, since evenutally the Chapter packs will present the same problem.  The real question being, how much inventory is out there?  

If very little, that's fine, otherwise, the answer has to be as Ktom said, they just drew a line in the sand - which in this specific case, seems to be a little shortsided, as I think making this pack Legal would help the environment, and wouldn't really irritate new players if it's even somewhat available.  

Just was sorting through cards last night, noticed it, and thought how similar it really is to a chapter pack.  

Two words: Black. Borders.

That's only partially a smartass remark. I do think, even if FFG has sufficient inventory to properly distribute, there'd be a perceived problem with the ITE Legacy Pack not labeled as LCG, not using the same cardboard packaging form, and not having similar card distribution to the chapter packs.  Experienced players will know it's a good addition to the environment, but someone who just hopped onto the LCG train may see this thing and scratch their head and perhaps even get peeved if they think FFG is trying to dump old product on them in the guise of "LCG Era" cards.

LetsGoRed said:

Two words: Black. Borders.

That's only partially a smartass remark. I do think, even if FFG has sufficient inventory to properly distribute, there'd be a perceived problem with the ITE Legacy Pack not labeled as LCG, not using the same cardboard packaging form, and not having similar card distribution to the chapter packs.

~ Careful with that. The 6 Clash of Arms Chapter Packs meet a bunch of those criteria, too.