Sign in to follow this  
Twn2dn

Nov 24: NYC "Red Saturday" Joust (A Black Friday Tradition)

jack merridew said:

I'll be there competing for the Sansa Stark award, hopefully with some ill conceived deck like Martell Dayne, Greyjoy Holy or Lannister Knights

Dude - that Bara Wildling deck you crushed my Asshai with looked solid.

yea i could play wildling i guess, it just feels vulnerable to Choke and Kneel any chance we can get together at the Game table one night to test out my 3 options,  would really help with picking the best choice

Stag Lord said:

Yeah - we'll definteily have a Long Island get together on a Monday in november to get some prep in. I'll get an eamil out to the group

Thinking now I may have confused "Jack Merridew" with the DC player named Jack who attended GenCon last year. :P

We really need to get a bit more Long Island - Manhattan inter-meta play going. Stag…you should post your meetups on the NYC Game of Thrones Meetup page.

Yeah….you know me and tech. I send out telegrams to everyone in the LI group. Western Union loves me.  Stop

Seriously - i could include you and oranegdargon on the email distro lists.  Full stop

UPDATES

Location: Cranberry Cafe in Manhattan, 115 W 45th Street, New York, NY

Card Pool: A Roll of the Dice will be legal for this event. For those interested, that means the new world champion agenda, the House of Dreams, will be legal!

I may be able to attend, really depends on if I don't get stuck working that weekend like I have been all year.

Now, I seem to recall that you can still attach an attachment onto a card immune to card effects and it will still blank said card. I forget if its been reprinted or not, but the Bara/Stark claim replacement effect that steals locations, can you choose a card immune to card effects as claim? Thirdly, Stark/Greyjoy Theon's ability, can the opponent choose a card immune to card effects to satisfy his passive ability (this one I think not).

bloodycelt said:

Now, I seem to recall that you can still attach an attachment onto a card immune to card effects and it will still blank said card.

I don't believe so. How are Frozen Solid and Climbing Spikes not card effects? Maybe you're thinking about some specific card effect from the CCG. But with the cards we have now, I'm very certain this is not possible.

bloodycelt said:

I forget if its been reprinted or not, but the Bara/Stark claim replacement effect that steals locations, can you choose a card immune to card effects as claim?

Awesome idea. Unfortunately, Direct Assault only targets non-unique locations. But if it didn't say non-unique, this would totally work!

bloodycelt said:

Thirdly, Stark/Greyjoy Theon's ability, can the opponent choose a card immune to card effects to satisfy his passive ability (this one I think not).

A player can always name "character" or "location" when he resolves Theon's ability, even if nothing gets discarded. If you only have the immune location in play, and you name "location" for Theon, nothing gets discarded. However, if you have other locations besides the immune location in play, and you name "location", you have to choose and discard a non-immune location.

I will be in Long Island for the holiday and hope to be able to make Black Saturday (I enjoyed last year's event quite a bit).  Whether I am able to attend depends on whether my wife and her family will have anything planned on Saturday…..

Counting down the days. i am much more likely to be at the melee Friday than the Joust Saturday but I will try and make both

Glad it will be at the Cafe - I've grown fond of that venue. Looking forward to seeing you all!

Jackmerridew - when thinsg are a little more back to normal here on LI, we need to get a meetup scheduled at Game Table for some prep.

Just FYI, here's what we have for prizes:

• Trophy
  • 1-2 playmats, depending on number of players. (There will be a special "Black Friday" playmat, as well as a League Kit playmat.)
  • Chapter pack(s)
  • Sansa prize = custom deckbox that prominently features a sad Sansa
  • Custom "NYC Champion" house card that features an image of the Iron Throne
  • Power counters/other items included in the League Kit

Beyond the prizes, we'll have a grand time drinking beer, etc. after the event. Given that FFG's World's event was last weekend, I don't expect as many people this time around, but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised! If it's a small group, it will still be competitive… we have some great players in NYC and I'll be playing Targ, as usual :)

AGoT DC Meta said:

I'm still hoping my plans change and I can actually go. :-/

Just let me know…you're welcome to crash at my home, if that will make things easier. We aren't doing the typical Thanksgiving Dinner that we've done the past several years, but you'd be welcome for Friday/Saturday nights, if interested.

And yes, Chapter Pack 6 is legal!

@Dennis: Any idea how many from DC are coming up to the Red Saturday tournament?

@non-NYC players: Anyone else traveling in? I suspect we'll have a couple, but just want to confirm I have you down (and have contact info, if need to get in touch about timing, etc.).

Twn2dn said:

@Dennis: Any idea how many from DC are coming up to the Red Saturday tournament?

@non-NYC players: Anyone else traveling in? I suspect we'll have a couple, but just want to confirm I have you down (and have contact info, if need to get in touch about timing, etc.).

As far as I know I am the only definite (staying with morgan and kyle so they are both in for sure).

I have DC Maybes from Brian, Wilson, Steve and Ben and I heard Dan imply a possibility on these boards as well.

Last year was great be with you!!! This year i can only wish you have a graet tourney plenty of fun ;-)

ciauuuuu

Ps maybe in summer i'm coming back to east coast ;-)

Bump cause I'm excited.

Also, if anyone coming was at worlds, got an advance copy of the new Star Wars LCG, and feels like bringing it, I'd love to check it out during some down time!

Vaapad said:

Also, if anyone coming was at worlds, got an advance copy of the new Star Wars LCG, and feels like bringing it, I'd love to check it out during some down time!

I read this about 45 minutes too late :( But still, now on a plane headed to NYC! Super excited! See y'all tomorrow!