Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Velhart

Talisman The City Expansion

271 posts in this topic

Velhart said:

Wow, The Glitter is a very cool card!

I want to buy it in the City. What´s the price?gran_risa.gif

It's not a "the". It's the name of the pet. As Wart is the name of the toad-pet. I think all the pets will have names and will be unique, as in only one of each.

Nidhögg said:

Velhart said:

Wow, The Glitter is a very cool card!

I want to buy it in the City. What´s the price?gran_risa.gif

It's not a "the". It's the name of the pet. As Wart is the name of the toad-pet. I think all the pets will have names and will be unique, as in only one of each.

I know that it is the name of the pet.

But i am just wondering what the price is from the Pet deck. gui%C3%B1o.gif

I'm wondering if they can "come back" if they get killed. Otherwise I hope there is a good size pack.  I wonder if there will be friendly bats or pets that might help with Undead, werewolves, etc.  ?

0beron said:

I'm wondering if they can "come back" if they get killed. Otherwise I hope there is a good size pack.  I wonder if there will be friendly bats or pets that might help with Undead, werewolves, etc.  ?

I think that FFG will add 4 cards from it to the Pet Deck. We will see:)

If the Glitter is killed, then it will probably return to the Pet deck:)

The Wanted List City Card from the news page, works the same as the Lake of Visions card.

If you draw the Wanted List card, you may draw 4 wanted posters and place it on this card. You can pick one poster if you like.

I assume that the normal rules are, that you must draw at random a wanted poster card:)

Sneak Peek nr 2 has been posted on Talisman Islandgran_risa.gif

The Spell Book is a very powerful card!

Glitter+ Spellbook is a good combo!

Im not a big fan of OP thingies and such so for me my rating of the city will come down to the prices of these awesome items :)

Also, I really hope the two other endings are compatible with the hidden ending variant :S

Nioreh said:

Im not a big fan of OP thingies and such so for me my rating of the city will come down to the prices of these awesome items :)

Also, I really hope the two other endings are compatible with the hidden ending variant :S

Alternative Ending Cards such as Merchant Guild are cool:)

I hope that the Thieves Guild and Assassin Guild are also something like that:)

Velhart said:

Nioreh said:

Alternative Ending Cards such as Merchant Guild are cool:)

I hope that the Thieves Guild and Assassin Guild are also something like that:)

They did not specifically say that there would be alt.endings for the other guilds, but we know that the Guilds will be a part of the scene in some form.

I would rather not have 3 alt.endings that are triggered by all the guilds.   Does it mean "he who steals the most things" or "he who whacks the most enemies" will win the game. I think the gold thing makes sense, so I'm good with that, but I'd like a hidden one, if it has anything to do with the other guilds:

A new boss as the hidden alt.ending, Spirit of the Eternal Assassin? Totally murderous being who can do something like force others to assasinate or use enemy cards on the board to enact or enhance his evil work?

a Theft based hidden ending? Once revealed this being or quality causes everyone's objects, weapons or gold to be taken randomly, once a turn, a different player each turn?

I expect there to be an ending for each one of the guilds. For me the evidence for it is very strong (three guilds, three endings) and it fits in with how things have been done in earlier expansions. In regards to what they could be I would imagine them all be revealed as I have a hard time seeing how a hidden varient would pan out. The assassins guild just screams wanted posters, so I would guess an ending similar to warlocks quests for those. The thieves guild is a bit harder, though it could be something like only having one talisman in the game so you have to steal it from one another. But who knows. I would rather see more guilds then a new ending boss, especially if you could combine them for a guild extravaganza! 

The City expansion includes three new Alternative Ending cards, which reflect the intrigues surrounding powerful and influential guilds.

I'm quoting the article on FFG. I think it pretty much says the three Guilds will be the three endings. Personally I'm fine with that.

I guess i would be fine with that too, but it would be fun if one of those was a hidden ending, big surprise, big boss, etc. at the Crown, waiting for the first player…

I hope we get some news soon.

0beron said:

I guess i would be fine with that too, but it would be fun if one of those was a hidden ending, big surprise, big boss, etc. at the Crown, waiting for the first player…

But Oberon, we have already a handful of end bosses:)

Cards such as Merchant Guild is adding a new goal to the game. Same as Sacred Pool:) 

Velhart said:

0beron said:

Cards such as Merchant Guild is adding a new goal to the game. Same as Sacred Pool:) 

I agree with you in theory, Velhart, but its Talisman and it should always have at least one boss directly associated with the theme of the expansion (Ice Queen for Frost March, and so on).   Give me the Great Mother Assassin, please! (I don't dislike the Merchant Guild ending, I'm looking forward to it quite frankly)

0beron said:

Velhart said:

0beron said:

I agree with you in theory, Velhart, but its Talisman and it should always have at least one boss directly associated with the theme of the expansion (Ice Queen for Frost March, and so on).   Give me the Great Mother Assassin, please! (I don't dislike the Merchant Guild ending, I'm looking forward to it quite frankly)

Well, i am happy if we get the three guilds.

I think that a endboss is not necessary for a City Expansion.

It´s all about the people in the City, and the 3 guilds have something to so with it.

As Thee forsaken one already said: It seems that FFG has give us already the information what we can expect from the Alternative ending cards.

I'm very happy to get a new corner board expansion. And most of what I've seen seems great. I can't wait to see how things work out like the chartering of boats. Even without the alt.endings, the various Guilds' influence should be a notable part of the expansion; I guess thats why I'm not really worried about the alt.endings.

I think the previous corner boards have about 29 spaces to land on. Wonder if that is the number for City or how that is laid out.

0beron said:

I'm very happy to get a new corner board expansion. And most of what I've seen seems great. I can't wait to see how things work out like the chartering of boats. Even without the alt.endings, the various Guilds' influence should be a notable part of the expansion; I guess thats why I'm not really worried about the alt.endings.

I think the previous corner boards have about 29 spaces to land on. Wonder if that is the number for City or how that is laid out.

If i look to the City board, then it seems that we get 18 spaces to move around.

And 12 spaces are shops including the prison cell.

I like the idea too with the boats:)

There are so many things that FFG must do with this expansion, but it looks great so far!:)