Sign in to follow this  
Sheriff288

Thoughts on pilots

Has anyone heard if FFG plans on just releasing pilots?   Card packs for 8 bucks that have Wes Janson, Hobbe or others?  Sometimes you have enough minis, you just want new pilots.  

Heck, make a Wave 1 Pilot Booster that has new named and unnamed pilots for each of the Wave 1 ships. Then if someone wants Porkins, but haven't bought a Y-wing yet, it'll be an incentive to buy a Y-wing. Imagine a 60-card expansion, like an LCG pack, full of new pilots for wave 1! Is 60 overkill? Yes. I can't imagine that many. But it would be cool to have just a single pack of just pilots to add to all the existing ships.

DailyRich said:

Sounds like an ideal candidate for a print on demand release.

Holy cow! That's brilliant! I started FFG games with LotR:LCG and Print on Demand had the problem of not being able to produce player cards because the cards would have a different texture or something. But for a game like this where they are all face-up, a PoD card pack would be awesome!

Some blank pilots so you can nme your own .  Just a group of generic pilots and maybe some new quirks . ie

action card "trigger happy"  can fire primary and secondary weapons this turn  ( focus applies to only one attack)

y wing pilot  can fire all his torpedoes as one attack . more variety to pilots would be cool

this would be awsome, i was looking at my cards and i was alittle miffed realizing the plethora of choices i have for xwing and tie pilots, but so few choices for y wing and advanced… itll be the same with wave 2 of they dont do this (though it makes sense to have limited pilots for the falcon and slave 1) if they dont do pilot only i hope they release "new" versions of the ships

id especially love to see corran horn and other eu rogue squadron members in the game (when those books were released i fell o. love with that name and vowed to name my kids calvin and corran were i to.have two boys… i lost that battle with my wife)