2 Y-Wings

Plan to purchace:

4 TIE Interceptors

1 Firespray-31

4 A-Wings

2 YT-1300

4x TIE Fighters

2x X-Wing

I just bought in this weekend with two core sets. We found them on sale at Target for $28 each. I plan on getting one each of the wave 1 expansions over the next few weeks. I will probably buy one each of the Falcon and Slave 1, 2 A-Wings, and 4 TIE Interceptors because I love me some TIE Interceptors.

As with all my Miniature games I am involed with….to many, but not enough.

Currently (1 core set and 5 expansions):

3 Tie

2 Tie Advanced

2 X-Wing

1 Y-Wing

and now the soon to be released Slave 1 thanks the this weekendsKessel Run tournment.

I only started a couple weeks ago.  Initially I bought just enough to build a squad for the tournament, but after winning Slave 1 I could not leave the store without a X-Wing and Y-Wing so I can field a 100pt Rebel force at home. :)

Future Plans with X-Mas and B-day on the horizon:

2nd Core set

X-wing expansion

Y-Wing

Wave 2 wants:

2 Tie advanced

2 Awing

Falcon

Hmmm? Ah… well…

7 X-Wings

8 Ties

3 Y-Wings

2 Advanced Ties

And I saw a Falcon and a Slave I with Tie Interceptors and A-Wings as well this weekend.

But that doesn't really count now.

2x X-Wings

1x Y-Wing

2x A-Wing

3x TIE Fighter

2x TIE Advanced

2x TIE Interceptor

Total: 12 ships

Haven't won any of the big ships yet, but I'd sure like to!

After this weekend I got to add a nice new ship to my collection:

• 4x X-Wing
  • 5x Y-Wing
  • 8x TIE Fighter
  • 4x TIE Advanced
  • 1x Firespray!!!

I'll be looking to get another Firespray, a YT-1300, 4x A-Wing and 5x TIE Interceptor. Then I might pick up the Battlefoam carry case.

Goldenfoon said:

Picked up:

2x Core Set

2x TIE Adv.

2x Y-Wing

1x X-Wing

1x TIE Fighter

I figured I would be set until Wave 2 went out but….then I ordered another Core Set to get that 4x X-Wing swarm build and add 2x TIE Fighter to get closer to the TIE Swarm build. Hopefully I am all set until Wave 2 hits the shelves.

Well I didn't stop there. I ended up getting an additional Core Set, two more TIE Adv. , and 3 more Y-Wings. I think I exhausted my squad options that can be made with Wave 1.

9x TIE Fighters

4x TIE/Adv.

5x X-Wings

5x Y-Wings

and cannot wait for Wave 2 to be available!

My Squadrons:

5 X-Wing

4 Y-Wing

1 A-Wing

8 TIE Fighter

3 TIE Advanced

1 TIE Interceptor

I am going do buy:

1 X-Wing

1 Y-Wing

5 A-Wing

1 YT-1300 (Millenium Falcon)

1 TIE Advanced

4 TIE Interceptor

2 Firespray-31 (Slave I)

I got 2 core sets and the battle foam case to hold everything, total ship count:

4 X Wings

3 Y Wings

4 Tie

1 Tie A

1 Millenium Falcon

13 ships total

Just picking up my first core set, but I am curious if there is a good ratio I should try to stick to?

Or should I pay more attention to possible point totals?

Core set has 1 X-Wing and 2 Tie. (2:1)   Should I keep this ratio in expanding or does it really depend on the pilot and points?

Should I just get more Tie Advanced expansions and skip the regular Tie expansions?

Should I try to keep the 2:1 ratio Imperial to Rebel?

Am I concerned about something that doesn't even matter because of the point system?

Note: I did watch a rather quick 150 point match where a swarm of tie fighters with Darth Vader creamed the 150 point Rebel squad. Not even close, mostly because of the amount of concentrated fire.

SEWeed said:

Just picking up my first core set, but I am curious if there is a good ratio I should try to stick to?

Core set has 1 X-Wing and 2 Tie. (2:1)   Should I keep this ratio in expanding or does it really depend on the pilot and points?

Should I just get more Tie Advanced expansions and skip the regular Tie expansions?

Am I concerned about something that doesn't even matter because of the point system?

Note: I did watch a rather quick 150 point match where a swarm of tie fighters with Darth Vader creamed the 150 point Rebel squad. Not even close, mostly because of the amount of concentrated fire.

You will need more IMP that Rebels.  My current 2 Tie ADV and 3 Tie allow me to field 100pts vs only 3 rebel ships at 100pts.  You are correct it comes down to what builds you want to compose.  I believe the most you can currently squezze in a 100pt game is 8 Ties vs 5 rebels.

Well considering almost my entire group plays with my pieces I have a lot of pieces.

It amounts to 4 core sets(I picked them up at $20.00-$25.00 on Amazon)

Overall

12x Tie Fighters

6x Tie Interceptors

6x Y-Wings

6X X-Wings

Basically i can field every single pilot in the game without having to take them off the pegs(@ about 328 points on each side fyi) and so can a Friend of mine can do the same at his house.

Of the wave 2 ships 

I have 

1x Tie Int

1x A-Wing

2x YT-1300(coming in the mail my cousin won, one and my brother won one and are mailing them to me for X-Mas)

1x Firespray(the winner of the local tournament using my pieces gave it to me for a X-Mas present)

SEWeed said:

Good questions, and this is something I didn't know either until I picked up my first models.  I started with a core set and one each of the wave one expansions.  This is a great place to start if you want to collect both factions worth of ships.  It'll get you 3 Rebel ships up to (and even slightly over) 100 points, and 4 Imperial ships that can be kitted out to around 92 points.  Obviously at home and with your friends you can play with whatever point totals you want, however the game is designed around 100 points, and that is what all official tournaments use as well as any game nights I've been to.  So if you want to get so you have 100 points of each, grab one more Tie Advanced or Tie Fighter.

Now if you're concerned about maximum numbers of models you may need, here are the numbers of a single ship type you can fit into one 100 point list:

X-wing - 4

Tie Fighter - 8

Y-wing - 5

Tie Advanced - 4

So with those numbers of each model, you can create every 100 point list combination.

Final disclaimer, is that none of this takes into consideration the wave two stuff due out in February.

4 - XWings

2 - YWings

1 - AWing

8 - TIE Fighters

4 - TIE Advanced

When wave 2 comes out i will be buying

3 - AWing

4 - TIE Interceptor

2 - YT1300

1 - Firespray

pks said:

4x TIE Fighters

2x X-Wing

I just bought in this weekend with two core sets. We found them on sale at Target for $28 each. I plan on getting one each of the wave 1 expansions over the next few weeks. I will probably buy one each of the Falcon and Slave 1, 2 A-Wings, and 4 TIE Interceptors because I love me some TIE Interceptors.

I need to amend this. Very, very surprisingly my parents read and followed my Christmas list and bought me one of everything currently available. That would make three core sets, so I called my FLGS and asked if I could trade it in for credit. They said sure so I bought a second of each expansion ship.

That brings me to:

6x TIE Fighters

4x X-Wing

2x TIE Advanced

2x Y-Wing

Gravis said:

Now if you're concerned about maximum numbers of models you may need, here are the numbers of a single ship type you can fit into one 100 point list:

X-wing - 4

Tie Fighter - 8

Y-wing - 5

Tie Advanced - 4

So with those numbers of each model, you can create every 100 point list combination.

That's what I've been keeping in mind as my absolute max for each ship type even though I haven't reached that number for any of them yet. TIE Fighter and X-Wing are probably the only ones I'll eventually hit that number for though.

1 core set

2 x-wing expansions

2 y-wing expansions

2 tie fighter expansions

2 tie advance expansions

i'm waiting for the next wave before i decide if i'm going to purchase more from wave 1

Thanks Gravis, and to afilter too.

This helps a lot. Looks like I need some more of everything, but especially Imp.