Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bill43

You can not assign R2-D2 to Biggs Darklighter's X-Wing Fighter

27 posts in this topic

You cannot assign R2-D2 to Biggs Darklighter's X-Wing Fighter, he was with Luke Skywalker for the entire battle of Yavin Four survival. R2-D2 wasn't the only Astromech Droid in Red Group when they attacked the Death Star in Episode Four A New Hope. There were a multitude of Astromech droids for each and every fighter that was attacking the First Death Star. There was no way he could be in two places (X-Wing Fighters) at once. You guys really need to fix this canonical error in your final tutorial for the miniatures game.

Sincerely,

An Irritated Fan

Harleequin said:

There are also pilots in the game who died. The ships are also not real, and ships cannot slow down in space.

The fact that you did not mention that absolutely nobody would be able to hear that sweet howl of a TIE Fighter zooming by in space shows me that you have a complete and total ignorance of fictional space physics, and should resign your doctorate in shame.  Also, send me your ships.

Furthermore (and I hate to break this to you but…) those WERE the droids you were looking for!

seriously though, this game is an abstraction. it doesnt matter who was where when and who wasnt. consider it an alternate reality if it makes you feel better! 

bill43 said:

You cannot assign R2-D2 to Biggs Darklighter's X-Wing Fighter, he was with Luke Skywalker for the entire battle of Yavin Four survival. R2-D2 wasn't the only Astromech Droid in Red Group when they attacked the Death Star in Episode Four A New Hope. There were a multitude of Astromech droids for each and every fighter that was attacking the First Death Star. There was no way he could be in two places (X-Wing Fighters) at once. You guys really need to fix this canonical error in your final tutorial for the miniatures game.

Sincerely,

An Irritated Fan

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh… you're serious ?

dude no offense but have u ever payed a game like this before? its all about the various alternate ways things could go. In decipher u could have jawas piloting a star destroyer with the right card combinations. With star wars mini's u could have luke get murdered by boba fett or eaten by a rancor. With this game biggs can use r2d2 and darth vader can blow up luke skywalker. MY suggestion is look at the game for what it is and dont get hung up by silly cannocal details. If everything was strictly cannon boba fett woudnt have like 6 versions of how he escaped the sarlacc and how he came to be a bounty hunter in the first place.

yagyu said:

In decipher u could have jawas piloting a star destroyer with the right card combinations.

Ahhh those were the days.

/Nostalgia

Fluff is fluff.  If you choose fluff over an awesome mechanical advantage that is entirely your choice.  I refer to every game ever made. 

No, I will not have R2 on Biggs' X-Wing because I too enjoy the canon.  It does not make this a bad game. 

- Jason Keen

I do think that named astromechs (or number assigned I should say) such as R2D2 should not be allowed to be taken twice in the same fleet though. I won't personally do it. Generic R2 mechs (a generalization of a type) should be duplicated. I certainly don't care who puts what mech on which starfighter.

bullyboy said:

I do think that named astromechs (or number assigned I should say) such as R2D2 should not be allowed to be taken twice in the same fleet though. I won't personally do it. Generic R2 mechs (a generalization of a type) should be duplicated. I certainly don't care who puts what mech on which starfighter.

… and that's exactly how it works, you can't have more than one unique astromech in the same fleet.  Awesome!

dbmeboy said:

bullyboy said:

… and that's exactly how it works, you can't have more than one unique astromech in the same fleet.  Awesome!

correct. Just like unique pilots have the dot next to their name and can only be taken once, named astromechs (like R2-D2) have a dot by their names and can only be taken once.

If I do correctly assign R2-D2 to Luke Skywalker, am I still eligible to attack any Nazgul type enemies in play? Or can I only use black mana to do that?

DagobahDave said:

Anybody want Pizza Rolls?

Only if they are from Pizza the Hutt.

Seriously, this seems like trolling.  I think R2 would have liked Biggs, and maybe Biggs would have lived if R2 had been his astromech.  Maybe Luke caught the Robot Chicken Pox, and couldn't fly at Yavin.  Maybe Biggs survived, and he and R2 hit it off.  Or maybe R2 took a left turn at Albuquerque and ended up on the Darklighter farm instead of being captured by Jawas.

I'll put R2 where I like.  Feel free to do the same. :)

dbmeboy said:

bullyboy said:

HA LOVE IT! It's true you cannot have more than one R2-D2.  

Best thread ever?!

There goes R2, cheating on Luke again with Biggs.

Look, just because Luke took an arrow to the knee right before the battle of Yavin, doesn't mean you can just bail on him like that! GOSH!

~I too must stick to canon. Which is why I always take Luke for my squadron. Since he is a main (good guy) character, he can never be killed. Therefore, I win by default. My record is currently 47-0 at this game. 

Zoso said:

~I too must stick to canon. Which is why I always take Luke for my squadron. Since he is a main (good guy) character, he can never be killed. Therefore, I win by default. My record is currently 47-0 at this game. 

That's turtle power!