Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asri

Beginner Box for WFRP3?

27 posts in this topic

Thought I'd share my two cents from someone who's following the DNDNext stuff.

Instead of treating the beginner's box as a "stripped down version" it could be presented like this:

Present the core mechanics and create simplified versions of the more compicated rules with the explanation that this is one way to use them, but the full game will have others (the actual mechanic from the core book).

I haven't really read anything on this game, because well I don't want to risk $80 on a game I've not had the opportunity to try out.  However, I'm planning on picking up the Edge of the Empire beginner box.

I believe there are some differences in the mechanics between the games (having different dice). It may be worth introducing new concepts that more mirror these new dice, that are described as I mentioend above as a "basic version" which can be slotted in for a more advanced "core version".

Very interested to see something like this come about however they might do it.  Beginner boxes have often been my entry point to any game, and let me decide if it was worth continuing.

I don't think we will see a Beginners Box for 3e, but FFG could consider doing one for 4e - if they will make it. I think that Beginners Box is a good idea to intorude the game to new players and give players from previuos edition a chance to try the game without having to buy the core set. It cheaper then the core set but does not give that much of content. Maybe FFG will make a WFRP Beginners Box but for sure not for the edition.

Cheers.

PS. The silience from FFG make everyone nervous and promisses nothing good. They could ad least give us some news. Maybe GenCon will clear things up but I don't belive in this game any more. FFG made to many mistakes with this line. It's more probable that they will restart WFRP with a 3.5 or 4 e then that they will continue 3e.