Sign in to follow this  
Harleequin

What ships would you like to see next?

CaptainRook said:

The TIE/sa 'Bomber' is really a bit of a misnomer, because it's more of a Patrol Torpedo Craft than anything in my opinion.  Which means it should have a better capability of equipping either Conkers or ProTorps.  Obviously, it has a bombing capability, but that seems to have always been a secondary role.  It's about half as fast as the TIE Advanced, and half again as maneuverable.  That being said, it's a ballistic spammer…Wookiepedia says it doesn't have shields, but they can be equipped…if the gameplay version is shieldless, I sure hope you can buy shields as an upgrade for it.  I'd say it's maneuvering would be on par with the Y-Wing for gameplay purposes. 

I just reviewed wook, and i like the idea of shields being an optional upgrade. But it is a small missile carrier with bomber being secondary. plus i want to see how the falcon works. maybe you can pull off a bombing run on the larger vessels.

Crunchysam42 said:

I just reviewed wook, and i like the idea of shields being an optional upgrade. But it is a small missile carrier with bomber being secondary. plus i want to see how the falcon works. maybe you can pull off a bombing run on the larger vessels.

That may be interesting, and regardless, I think something like the TIE/sa would be more exceptional at hammering a vessel like the Falcon.  They're essentially Interdictors, things that move around the periphery and get in solid hits while avoiding the furballs.  I'd have to hope they have some sort of bonus that denies the extra agility di at range 3, or something to that effect which allows them to 'snipe' in essence. 

CaptainRook said:

That may be interesting, and regardless, I think something like the TIE/sa would be more exceptional at hammering a vessel like the Falcon.  They're essentially Interdictors, things that move around the periphery and get in solid hits while avoiding the furballs.  I'd have to hope they have some sort of bonus that denies the extra agility di at range 3, or something to that effect which allows them to 'snipe' in essence. 

I like it. 

Today at work, we got a shipment of lego products in, and one thing especially caught my eye.

The Fury-Class Interceptor

LEGO-Star-Wars-9500-Sith-Fury-class-Inte

It's ridiculously awesome looking, and I would TOTALLY love to see this in the game!

Harleequin said:

Today at work, we got a shipment of lego products in, and one thing especially caught my eye.

The Fury-Class Interceptor

LEGO-Star-Wars-9500-Sith-Fury-class-Inte

It's ridiculously awesome looking, and I would TOTALLY love to see this in the game!

That's kinda reaching a bit far back in time, don't ya think?

I would LOVE to see an Old Republic branch, but there's honestly not much available for it - and except for the Aurek and Sith Interceptor, what IS available are all Medium ships!

When discussing the game with my best friend regarding clone-wars era fighters it occurred to me FFG might release a clone-wars dogfighter as another core set. Maybe a jedi fighter and two droid fighters, he suggested. It would be the same system but different upgrades, ships, focuses, and so on. I actually like the idea myself, since it would be a separate release rather than invading on X-Wing's turf as it were.

No love for the YT-2000?

I always thought the thing was just a lot sexier than a 1300. The Otana just had all those sweet, symmetrical lines to it.

Also, a maybe a sentinel landing craft. Very similar in form and function to a lambda-class shuttle, but significantly better armed with much higher transport capacity. Reading the Wookiepedia entry, they were also in heavy use by both sides in the EU. Im thinking it would be a pretty good entry for the medium-large category. 

Also, has anyone considered that in each wave, not every ship needs a direct counter to another? Just look at the starter box for that. 2 TIEs to 1 X-Wing. Points, abilities, all that jazz. That's where you can find supplemental balance to the ships. A TIE Defender could easily be included, just make it exorbitantly priced. Typically, the Empire players, for a large game anyways, would have more than a few points left over anyways to include the requisite amount of regular-ass TIE fighters to make up the numbers, and in reality, I've been more impressed by the performance of the standard TIEs than the Advanceds anyways.

That being said, I would definitely wish for a Lambda shuttle as a counter to the Falcon. Slave 1 was sorta of a one-off ship anyways, and only loosely in the employ of the Empire for purposes of a paycheck. 

I also think a Lambda shuttle has all those sleek lines as opposed to the street-lamp design of the Firespray. Just my opinion though, I could be wrong.

The Amazing Flight Lizard said:

No love for the YT-2000?

I always thought the thing was just a lot sexier than a 1300. The Otana just had all those sweet, symmetrical lines to it.

Also, a maybe a sentinel landing craft. Very similar in form and function to a lambda-class shuttle, but significantly better armed with much higher transport capacity. Reading the Wookiepedia entry, they were also in heavy use by both sides in the EU. Im thinking it would be a pretty good entry for the medium-large category. 

Also, has anyone considered that in each wave, not every ship needs a direct counter to another? Just look at the starter box for that. 2 TIEs to 1 X-Wing. Points, abilities, all that jazz. That's where you can find supplemental balance to the ships. A TIE Defender could easily be included, just make it exorbitantly priced. Typically, the Empire players, for a large game anyways, would have more than a few points left over anyways to include the requisite amount of regular-ass TIE fighters to make up the numbers, and in reality, I've been more impressed by the performance of the standard TIEs than the Advanceds anyways.

That being said, I would definitely wish for a Lambda shuttle as a counter to the Falcon. Slave 1 was sorta of a one-off ship anyways, and only loosely in the employ of the Empire for purposes of a paycheck. 

I also think a Lambda shuttle has all those sleek lines as opposed to the street-lamp design of the Firespray. Just my opinion though, I could be wrong.

I love the YT-2000 and I have every intention of taking a YT-1300 and converting it into an early YT-2000 prototype as soon as they're released. As for a counter to the falcon, I'd say this might just do the trick:

A lot of folks seem to adore the Starwing (that's it, right?). For those interested in REAL modeling, Alfred Wong has one in whopping 1/72d scale on Starship Modeler. Resin, somewhere around $75. Beautiful, like all his stuff.

"This has been a public service announcement."

http://alfredsmind.ca/productspg.html

Hopefully the linkie works; his page loads really slowly.

The fighter's full name is the XG-1 Alpha Class Assault Gunboat.

See, THAT'S why I want the assault Gunboat. If Lucasarts gives its blessing, Fractalsponge hands over his Gunboat model to FFG for them to render and we get a kickass model of the assault gunboat, at last, somewhere outside of TIE Fighter.

Because eventually the Empire is going to see an ion-carrying platform. The likely contenders are the Skipray Blastboat, TIE Defender, and Assault Gunboat. My personal preference is for the latter two- I never really cared for the skipray blast boat aesthetically and I wanted more things from the computer games to appear in future star wars media. Besides comparing the Gunboat and the Blastboat, it seems the Gunboat is more well-rounded fighter (2 Las, 2Ions, 2 missile /Torpedo launcher, 1 special option mount), but the Blastboat is an assault craft (2 ions, 1las, 1 missile, 1 torpedo launcher).

Of the three we'll likely see the TIE Defender first. But I think the Gunboat would be a nice addition without seeming to be overpowered. I'd call it the Y-Wing of the Imperial forces myself, though without the 360 turret, a little less hull, and maybe a little more agility.

Ah forgot about the Slave I….

Seems… uneven that the only way an imperial player can get ions to the table then is to use the firespray. I, for one, don't want to be required to buy and field one just to give the imperials ion cannons. If the Gunboat was an option, I could use a few of them for the cost of a rebel fighter instead of the (presumably) heavy costs for the large ships.

lordflavius7 said:

I would like to see different factions like separatists. Republic. The old republic theme. Etc

I'd like to see a few ships from some major periphery factions such as the Hapes Consortium, Chiss Ascendancy, and Corporate Sector.  I doubt that we ver would, but I think it would be a great expansion that never will happen.  Miy'tils, Nssiss and IRDs. 

CaptainRook said:

lordflavius7 said:

I would like to see different factions like separatists. Republic. The old republic theme. Etc

I'd like to see a few ships from some major periphery factions such as the Hapes Consortium, Chiss Ascendancy, and Corporate Sector.  I doubt that we ver would, but I think it would be a great expansion that never will happen.  Miy'tils, Nssiss and IRDs. 

id feel the tuber zhan consortium would be more likely. Plus separatists and republic are in the first 3 episodes so I'd feel they would be important to make. 

lordflavius7 said:

id feel the tuber zhan consortium would be more likely. Plus separatists and republic are in the first 3 episodes so I'd feel they would be important to make. 

About the only starfighter that would be unique from that would be the StarViper, and even then…Black Sun made that popular a decade and a half before the name Tyber Zann was invented.  I can't argue that we'll probably see some of the garbage from the prequels, but I'd prefer that be packaged as a different era once the ABY period has been fleshed out enough.  This would be somewhat similar to how they introduced WW2 era to Wings of War. 

There are some designs from the prequel period that I do like, but they are few and far in between all the goofy crap that was designed to appeal to 12 year olds to sell more toys.  I'd just rather that can of worms not be mixed in the same company as the ABY period stuff we're getting as it was with SW Starship Battles and SW Miniatures.

lordflavius7 said:

I'm just a little more into the extended universe stuff. Though I look forward to more ABY stuff I still look forward to more variety in factions

I just don't want to see TIE Advanced Fighters having to fend off Droid Tri-Fighters, or X-Wings mowing down swarms of Aethersprite fighters that were built for a group of people that have been purged long before the either the TIE or the X-Wing was designed. 

knowing FFG they would find a way to keep it balanced lol. we just differ in opinion. i think it just adds more creativity and from their point of view could draw in more gamers who enjoy the different eras. like it or not there r still ppl out there who like ep. 1-3 (not saying im one) and maybe even "the old republic" may appear. i think FFG will recognize that and how limited they r when they r only restricted to the last 3 episodes. Id be all for legacy era stuff to poke through and yuuzhan vong wars. why limit yourself when the SW universe is so huge. sure you can expand upon merc and finge factions, they were def big in the current time period. but im just sayin further down the road id like to see some expanded universe come into play.

lordflavius7 said:

knowing FFG they would find a way to keep it balanced lol. we just differ in opinion. i think it just adds more creativity and from their point of view could draw in more gamers who enjoy the different eras. like it or not there r still ppl out there who like ep. 1-3 (not saying im one) and maybe even "the old republic" may appear. i think FFG will recognize that and how limited they r when they r only restricted to the last 3 episodes. Id be all for legacy era stuff to poke through and yuuzhan vong wars. why limit yourself when the SW universe is so huge. sure you can expand upon merc and finge factions, they were def big in the current time period. but im just sayin further down the road id like to see some expanded universe come into play.

I'm not worried about balance, as much as the fact that a great deal of these fighters would be rare in the contemporary era, if not completely gone.  The Jedi ships, for example, were rare even at the height of their production.