Sign in to follow this  
Harleequin

What ships would you like to see next?

Many mentioned here I would like to see, not sure if capital ships would ever work, but shuttles, gunships, and transports could be utilized.  Maybe turrets or space platforms for scenarios.

Would like to see ships from another faction, perhaps Black Sun or a Pirate Faction that can mix fighters for tournaments.  I prefer OT and EU ships over prequel ships.  Just a preference.  It is called Star Wars X-Wing for a reason, so I hope they keep it post New Hope Era.  Would like to see more pilot cards as well.  Like those from EU such as the Rogue Squadron series, no alien pilots as of yet?  Xenophobic much? :P

Many of the ships here would be incredible for sure :) Would love an arsenal of TIE's at my disposal, however I don't think Capital ships would work, I think instead of making capital ships, make capital ship playmats, me and my brother had ideas of making a star destroyer playmat. It would be 18 Feet long and 11 feet wide, and would be 198 square feet :b We obviously decided against it, but we were going to make the elevated levels of the ship pop out too, would've been cool xD no room and not enough money / patience to paint that.

The B-wing and the TIE Bomber are almost definite shoe-ins for Wave 3, but I don't like the idea of having the TIE Defender paired with the Z-95 Headhunter. If you've played the old X-Wing and TIE Fighter PC games, the Assault Gunboat should more or less be the one paired with the Z-95.

ArcticSnake said:

The B-wing and the TIE Bomber are almost definite shoe-ins for Wave 3, but I don't like the idea of having the TIE Defender paired with the Z-95 Headhunter. If you've played the old X-Wing and TIE Fighter PC games, the Assault Gunboat should more or less be the one paired with the Z-95.

The B-wing is quite a bit better then the tie bomber so I don't see what the problem would be with the other 2, if anything the z-95 would give the rebels a cheaper swarm type ship option they don't already have.

TieDefender said:

ArcticSnake said:

The B-wing is quite a bit better then the tie bomber so I don't see what the problem would be with the other 2, if anything the z-95 would give the rebels a cheaper swarm type ship option they don't already have.

Good point. I did think about that but only after I posted. :P

I've been using a die cast Nemoidean shuttle for the senators shuttle mission. Not a fan of prequal ships, but until Lambda class shuttles or troop carriers are released its nice to have some generic star warsy ships as non-combatants.

I like the idea of other factions, but I have to wonder how feasable they would be.  Black Sun or Pirates would be neat, but would there be enough interest to make people buy 100 pts worth?  The problem with a lot of the cool EU ships is that they are pretty unique, faction-wise.  You'd never see a battle group containing the Ebon Hawk, Moldy Crow and Outrider together!

Prequels add another issue for me (aside from the fact that they just aren't as cool as the originals).  Trade Federation ships are tiny, if I remember correctly.  I would have a hard time paying $10 - $15 for a tiny little vulture droid.  A vulture droid is 3.6 meters long, less than a third as long as an X-Wing (at 1.4 centimeters). I think the trifighters are even smaller, but I can't find a number for them.

I'd like to see more more head hunter and smuggler ships. Most of them have been mentioned already. This also could make up a new (neutral or credits) faction gui%C3%B1o.gif

And on top more scenarios! happy.gif

Wave 3:

B-Wing With 4 Hull 2 shields 4 firepower but low agility. Two torpedo upgrade slots and a non turret ion cannon slot

Imperial Starwing Gunboat 3 Hull 2 shields 3 firepower low agility. Torpedo upgrade, missile upgrade, non-turret ion cannon slot

TIE Bomber 3 hull 2 firepower 2 torpedo upgrades and a missile upgrade slot

Z-95 2 hull 1 shield 2 firepower 2 agility no astromech but some pilots have missile slot. Cheap swarm unit for Rebels

Wave 4:

Outrider/YT-2400 large

Imperial Shuttle large

TIE Defender expensive, 3 hull 3 shields 3 firepower 3 agility. Boost ability, missile slot, non turret ion slot vet ability slot

E-Wing expensive 3 hull 3 shields 3 firepower 3 agility. Boost ability, 2 torpedo slots vet ability slot

MajorWesJanson said:

Wave 3:

B-Wing With 4 Hull 2 shields 4 firepower but low agility. Two torpedo upgrade slots and a non turret ion cannon slot

Imperial Starwing Gunboat 3 Hull 2 shields 3 firepower low agility. Torpedo upgrade, missile upgrade, non-turret ion cannon slot

Z-95 2 hull 1 shield 2 firepower 2 agility no astromech but some pilots have missile slot. Cheap swarm unit for Rebels

Wave 4:

Outrider/YT-2400 large

Imperial Shuttle large

TIE Defender expensive, 3 hull 3 shields 3 firepower 3 agility. Boost ability, missile slot, non turret ion slot vet ability slot

E-Wing expensive 3 hull 3 shields 3 firepower 3 agility. Boost ability, 2 torpedo slots vet ability slot

Is this a wish list or an actual summary of the next two waves of releases?

MajorWesJanson said:

Wave 3:

Wave 4:

Outrider/YT-2400 large

Imperial Shuttle large

Nice line up. I love the idea of using the Z-95 Headhunter as a swarm ship for the Rebels. That's what I've been hoping for, so we'll have to wait and see if the designers agree. I'm not sure about a Torpedo AND Missile slot for some of those ships. Seems a bit powerful, but I guess you could reserve that for the highly skilled pilot cards.

MajorWesJanson said:

Wave 3:

Wave 4:

Outrider/YT-2400 large

Imperial Shuttle large

I personally don't really like the Imperial starwing gunboat, It looks like an X-wing / Imperial Shuttle hybrid to me and is just weird,

also for the Imperial Shuttle, it wouldn't really be a large ship, it would sort of be medium in size, the X-wing model is 1.17", the Y-wing should be 2.24" (Not sure if that's how long the Y-Wing actually is , they may have shortened it but I know the X-wing is about 1.17", and the Imperial Shuttle SHOULD be 2.8", while the milenium falcon is 4.8" long if converted correctly. Shuttle would need to be medium in size, but I still would love to see it.

I don't know how a "clone" faction would go, would be weird against imperials, but could still work I would think, personally I think the Jedi Starfighters could be decent ships in a "Clone" faction, Obi-wans Delta 7, Anakins Eta 2 Actis class interceptor and I love the clone ARC-170 starfighter as well. It could be a "Galactic Republic" Faction which would be pretty awesome

I think that the clone era ships would end up being a different set within the same rule system. I think they will separate them from X-Wing because in the rule book on page 20, it specifically references the Galactic Civil War. "There are two primary factions involved in the time period depicted by X-Wing: the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire…"

Since they say time period in the box, that leads me to believe no prequel, Old Republic, or late EU ships under this particular version of the game, but they could do other Eras with different starters.

Prathin said:

I think that the clone era ships would end up being a different set within the same rule system. I think they will separate them from X-Wing because in the rule book on page 20, it specifically references the Galactic Civil War. "There are two primary factions involved in the time period depicted by X-Wing: the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire…"

Since they say time period in the box, that leads me to believe no prequel, Old Republic, or late EU ships under this particular version of the game, but they could do other Eras with different starters.

Agreed.

And that's fine; don't really need to majorly modify the rules-set, it's just a different time period. There could possibly be SOME crossover - like with a Z-95, for example. But I'd expect a whole new Starter.

Someone mentioned Vulture droids. Right that they are very small, and I could totally see them coming in 2-packs (which is rational, since they swarm even more than TIE fighters). To that poster: Tri-fighters are a bit bigger, though.

IG-58 said:

Prathin said:

Agreed.

And that's fine; don't really need to majorly modify the rules-set, it's just a different time period. There could possibly be SOME crossover - like with a Z-95, for example. But I'd expect a whole new Starter.

Someone mentioned Vulture droids. Right that they are very small, and I could totally see them coming in 2-packs (which is rational, since they swarm even more than TIE fighters). To that poster: Tri-fighters are a bit bigger, though.

Those are some good points as well. I do think we'll see a wave 3 of this era, before we see them do some new ships.

However I like to think ahead and see if my guesses are right anyway. :) I think you're right, I think they will make a new set, same rules, same moves, pieces, dials etc. Just different ships, and some added rules. A new core set would be pretty cool too. They could make the expansion Star Wars X-Wing: Clone Wars, or even Star Wars X-wing: Jedi Starfighter.

Personally I do think the next factions will be The Galactic Republic vs. The Trade Federation, it makes the most sense to me. Using the same exact ships as in Battlefront 2 would be ideal as well. For the Galactic Republic, an ARC-170, a V-wing, Eta 2 Class Actis Interceptors (Jedi Starfighters), and as their large sized ship a LAAT. Yes they can be flown in space. Yes they are still bad ass, and yes they are still wreck all sorts of havok. I think it would be an awesome ship and would be able be the first to feature Side shooting as well. (Not sure what the millienium falcon and Slave 1 will bring, even though it looks like millienium falcon has a 360degree angle while the slave 1 has 180 considering the front and the back as it appears)

The trade federation should TOTALLY come with 2 pack vulture droids and maybe even have a smaller base as well. The second ship would clearly be the Tri-Fighter. Fully equipped with shields, missles, and of course. Those deadly little buzz droids. It could be a great action to use. I can see it now (Action: Next time you move your ship place a Buzz Droid Token on your space, any enemy ship that flies into it must roll 3 attack dice per turn, if there are anyhits, he takes one damage, or discards an astromech equip card. ) I think that could add a lot of neat strategy to the game as well. They would also have the Belbullab-24 Strike Fighter, which could also double as having General Grevious as a pilot. And lastly, their large ship, the Droid gunship. Maybe not as big as the Falcon or Slave, but maybe have a medium sized base with the LAAT.

That's just what I'd like to see in the FAR future, would make for a fun expansion!

Guest Not In Sample

I would welcome a Clone Wars expansion set, but not until the rebellion era+ are fleshed out a lot more. There are still many ships from the films that can make their way into the game before even getting into the EU stuff (which I definitely wan to see and Prince Xizor and his band of thugs is in this time period as well and could be slotted in as a new faction). … cloud car anyone? happy.gif

Then, I would like to see some EU stuff make their way in… I would love to be able to pilot Talon Karrdes "Wild Karrde" for instance.

After we have gone down the road long enough, I think the next logical step for this game is to do a prequel, Republic era expansion. It can only go so far as a game if it is limited to battles around the death star.

And then…. SPACEBALLS! Give me a flying Winnebego with "Lonestar" and "Barf" pilot cards!

I was just thinking:

It is possible ("however unlikely"  ;D ) that in the largely-assumed lineup of B-Wing, TIE Bomber, and Imperial Shuttle, the fourth ship could be… the Ghtroc 720.

FFG does, after all, have the RPG going on as well; and the X-Wing ships would certainly be expected to pull double-duty during any given RPG gaming session. In the Beta, the PCs can start with any one of three ships; and the YT-1300 & Firespray are already covered. That leaves the Ghtroc.

The selection would also we a well-balanced X-Wing release; the B-Wing is certainly harsher than the TIE Bomber, but then the Shuttle would outdo the Gthroc. If the fourth ship were, say, the Outrider, this would not be the case.

Just musin'.

I'm a bit ashamed to ask this question, but were the TIE Interceptors actually in the movies? I believe I remember the Bombers (in the asteroid field?), but not the Interceptors. If not then the case could be made that they are already showing a willingness to include the EU. That being said, I'd love to see a freelancer faction. However, I don't think they'll go this direction. If they were, wouldn't Slave I be at the top of the list for this faction? Virago would be more conceivable as an actual ship of the Empire. Personally, I think conceptually that Sii-ruuvi and Vong ships could be very interesting.

Also, I'd very much like to see some additional options in future sets in terms of appearance. Leave the contents identical, it's fine by me, just make some of the models look different. Just like alternate covers for comics. I would easily be more enticed to buy two X-wing expansion packs, though the contents might both have Corran Horn and Face Loran, if I could get one in Rogue colors and the other in Wraith colors. Just sayin'. I know some of you are good at adding your own detail, but this guy has two thumbs and no painting talent whatsoever. So I'd love some variation. 

MajorWesJanson said:

Wave 3:

Wave 4:

Outrider/YT-2400 large

Imperial Shuttle large

MajorWesJanson said:

Wave 3:

I came up with similar stats for the Z-95

Z-95Headhunter.png

I had gone down to a 2 Firepower, as the Ion Cannon would be a secondary weapon (with new card), as would the missiles.  Also did 4 for the Hull.  That 5 hull on the Y-wings really throws me off when trying to figure things out though :P

XG-1.png    NK-3IonCannon.png