Sign in to follow this  
Harleequin

What ships would you like to see next?

From the GCW era, I'd like to see:

B-Wing (with Keyan Farlander pilot card)
TIE Defender or Assault Gunboat (with Maarek Stele pilot card)
TIE Bomber

I'm not sure the Missile Boat would really fit into the game that well, unless it had a weak primary of 1, and came standard with proton torpedoes.  It could also be the first ship to allow multiple target locks.  Boost would be a given, as well, to account for the SLAM system.

It really is a leap of faith for FFG, isn't it?

1. Prequel ships: risk losing players
  2. EU ships: risk losing players
  3. Wait, and produce sequel ships in 2015: risk losing players

Sure would like to be a fly on the wall at FFG right now! complice

I. J. Thompson said:

I think after the next wave of ships (B-wing, TIE Bomber, Shuttle and YT-2400 - IMHO) reir they will skip EU ships in favor of Prequel ships. EU ships may be changed drastically by the new movies from Disney so I think that will count them out – for now. I think maybe the forth wave could be a new core set for the Naboo/Clone War period with a couple of expansions. The Falcon, Slave 1 and Y-wing would still be playable pieces.

Clone War Starter

• Vulture droid Starfighter x2
  • N1-Starfighter

Wave 1 - Clone War Expansions

• Vulture droid Starfighter
  • Scarab class droid Starfighter
  • N1-Starfighter
  • Z95 Headhunter Starfighter

Wave 2 - Clone War Expansions

• Nantex-class Geonosian Starfighter
  • Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light Interceptor
  • G9 Rigger Frieghter (Anakin's “Twilight”)
  • Firespray 31 (Jango Fett “Slave 1”) *coundn't think of anything better

Wave 3 - Clone War Expansions

• Droid Tri-Fighter
  • Advanced droid Bomber
  • ARC-170
  • Eta-2 Actis-class light Interceptor

Of course this is all just wishful thinking on my part

BigDogg said:

I. J. Thompson said:

I think after the next wave of ships (B-wing, TIE Bomber, Shuttle and YT-2400 - IMHO) reir they will skip EU ships in favor of Prequel ships. EU ships may be changed drastically by the new movies from Disney so I think that will count them out – for now. I think maybe the forth wave could be a new core set for the Naboo/Clone War period with a couple of expansions. The Falcon, Slave 1 and Y-wing would still be playable pieces.

Clone War Starter

• Vulture droid Starfighter x2
  • N1-Starfighter

Wave 1 - Clone War Expansions

• N1-Starfighter
  • Z95 Headhunter Starfighter

Wave 2 - Clone War Expansions

• Nantex-class Geonosian Starfighter
  • Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light Interceptor
  • G9 Rigger Frieghter (Anakin's “Twilight”)
  • Firespray 31 (Jango Fett “Slave 1”) *coundn't think of anything better

Wave 3 - Clone War Expansions

• Droid Tri-Fighter
  • Advanced droid Bomber
  • ARC-170
  • Eta-2 Actis-class light Interceptor

Of course this is all just wishful thinking on my part

Name me a list of pilots that exist to go with all those ships.

Anyway if FFG wants to continue the tradition of pulling names from the movies and EU for pilots; the next ships after the obvious ones would be the Tie Defender, Z-95, YT-2400, and Lambda shuttle since there is enough source material to get names for pilots. 

I gave it my best shot. Droid ships are difficult but you could use their batch number to indicate pilot skill….newer models don't have as much experience as older models….so those that have survived a few combats might have learned. thru actions, what works and what don't.

• N1-Starfighter *(Echo Flight, Essara Till, Rhys Dallows, Dren Melne)
  • N1-Starfighter (Bravo Flight, Ric Olie', Arvin Wendik, Young Anakin Skywalker)
  • Z95 Headhunter Starfighter (Wolfe Pack, Clone Trooper “Warthog”, alot later during the rebellion)
  • Nantex-class Geonosian Starfighter (haven't got a clue other than rookie, regular, vetrain or ace)
  • Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light Interceptor (Padawan Learner, Anakin Skywalkers “Azure Angel”, Plo Koons “Blade of Dorin”)
  • G9 Rigger Freighter (Freighter Captain, Anakin's Skywalkers “Twilight”, Asoka Tano)

Replaced Firespray with Star Courier

• Star Courier (Darth Maul, Darth Tyrannus, Nightsister Yansu Grjak)
  • Droid Tri-Fighter
  • Advanced droid Bomber
  • ARC-170 (Razor Squadron, Clone Flight Squad Seven, Clone Davijaan “Odd Ball”, Clone Captain Jai'galeer)
  • Eta-2 Actis-class light Interceptor (Gold Squadron, Any and All Jedi)

There are at least a few "named" droid ships that were created by Decipher when they held the Star Wars License for their CCG.  These include DFS-1015, DFS-1308, and DFS-327.  

I would love to see FFG introduce a new bounty hunter or Hutt faction.  There are plenty of ships that they could make which were piloted by the various bounty hunter's from Episode V.  Of course, having introduced Slave I as an Imperial ship may have botched this up already, although I suppose they could just make cards for Slave I to work with the new faction.  The new faction could be especially interesting if they could be taken by either the Alliance or the Empire, though the price for taking such a ship within one of these factions would probably cost a little extra to reflect the bounty hunter's contract rate.  I listed the ships I could easily see landing in this new faction.

YV-666 (Bossk's Hound's Tooth)

G-1A Starfighter (4-LOM's and Zuckuss' Mist Hunter)

Aggressor Assault Fighter (IG-88's IG-2000)

Jumpmaster 5000 (Dengar's Punishing One)

Z-95 Headhunter

Assuming the above does not happen, I would vote for EU!  Bring on the TIE Defenders and E-wings!

Gahh!! Why do people want the YT-2400? Just go buy the model from shapeways, put it on the Falcon base, and pretend the Han pilot card and template is really Dash. There's no distinction between the two in my opinion (neither pilot or ship). When FFG launches wave 3, I want to fly something different and unique! Wait until something like Wave 6 to be releasing ships similar to ships already done.

Eh, by making Fett and imperial pilot it suggests to me that they've decided to pass on the third faction idea. I did have a wonder though if they could introduce ships that could be fielded by either side? Sort of as a mercenary third faction but both players can purchase those fighters for their lists *shrug*

My dream wave expansion would be from the TIE Fighter Computer game:

TIE Defender
+Darth Vader (Make him REALLY Dangerous!)
*Tractor Beam
*Ion Cannon (Cannon)

Assault Gunboat
+Maarek Steele (In something he actually flew…)
*Tractor Beam
*Ion Cannon (Cannon)

R-41 Starchaser
*Ion Cannon (Cannon)
*Mag-Pulse Warhead

T-Wing
+Ali Tarrak (As close as it gets unfortunately…)
*Mag Pulse Warhead

Norsehound said:

Eh, by making Fett and imperial pilot it suggests to me that they've decided to pass on the third faction idea. I did have a wonder though if they could introduce ships that could be fielded by either side? Sort of as a mercenary third faction but both players can purchase those fighters for their lists *shrug*

I don't see any reason why they couldn't release an alternate Fett card that isn't Imperial down the road. Having Luke the pilot didn't preclude Luke in the Falcon.

rumblefish said:

Norsehound said:

I don't see any reason why they couldn't release an alternate Fett card that isn't Imperial down the road. Having Luke the pilot didn't preclude Luke in the Falcon.

One's an upgrade and the other is a pilot though. Re-releasing Fett in the same ship with the same stats but a different faction feels redundant to me. Why do that when we could have something new for the game that doesn't make our already existing Fett cards obsolite?

I'd like to see a rebel pilot for the YT-1300 and an imperial pilot for the Firespray-31. I mean the ships aren't really faction exclusive, are they?

Other than that, fill out the ships in the movies and expand outwards to the expanded universe. I'm not sure I wan't Old Republic or prequel ships though.

Tesseract said:

I'd like to see a rebel pilot for the YT-1300 and an imperial pilot for the Firespray-31. I mean the ships aren't really faction exclusive, are they?

I take it you mean that around the other way?

Cilionelle said:

Tesseract said:

I take it you mean that around the other way?

Haha, yes. an imperial pilot for the YT-1300 and a rebel pilot for the Firespray-31 of course.

Norsehound said:

rumblefish said:

Norsehound said:

One's an upgrade and the other is a pilot though. Re-releasing Fett in the same ship with the same stats but a different faction feels redundant to me. Why do that when we could have something new for the game that doesn't make our already existing Fett cards obsolite?

There's no reason that it wouild have to be an identical card, and I wouldn't expect it to be as part of a Firespray repaint, just a card pack. Fett, leader of the Mandalorian Protectors wouldn't necessarily be represented with the same pilot ability as Fett the bounty hunter.

We're getting very literal here though, my point is that I don't think that FFG has necessarily painted themselves in to a corner when it comes to any kind of expansion.

I'm by no means a Star Wars historical genius, but the lcg game has like 6 factions…it's the same time period as the mini game….so maybe they have something up their sleeves.  I just hope they don't reveal all the upgrades before (if) they release another wave.  Keep some mystery, at least till a week or so before release.