Sign in to follow this  
leptokurt

I WANT MORE TOKENS

Alright. I also renamed the files to get rid of the "token_stickers_" prefix. The first concept was renamed to "colorize" since it didn't have anything after the prefix.

Right now, my personal favorites are original (why mess with a good thing?), multiply (great concept to show that it should represent "more"), and multiply vivid (I'm still debating whether or not I prefer the "enhanced colors").

Edited by joezim007

Wow! These are great! Good work man!

I think i like them all except the "reverse" 5-wound and the "vivid" 5-progress (the last one with the red floor), the "colorize" 5-progress looks much better now but i still don't like it "all green".

I agree with you that the "original" looks good enough (why mess with a good thing as you say), but the multiply was really a great ideia and i think they look great.

I personally prefer the "multiply vivid" though just because i like the ideia of the 5-token looking diferent both in picture and in color. The "vivid" color on the 5-wound doesn't look as good as the other ones (the 2nd and 7th, colorize and vivid i think?), can you make that one with the same color contrast? (darker skin makes a better contrast with bright fresh blood wound).

As for the 5-progress, i like the several footprints and the bright (kinda orange) floor, but like the wound, maybe a bit more contrast would make it even better? How about making the green grass darker (like in the colorize?) and keep the other colors as they are?

My friends agree that the "multiply vivid" looks the best (although they also like the other ones), so i think i'll use that version after the minor changes in color/contrast i mentioned above.  ;) 

These should be the last version requested before i finally print them in stickers and place them on my tokens (at least for me, feel free to keep making cool tokens if you like!)

I'm hesitant about vivid versus original one.

I think as the ressource one is more vivid, I prefere the vivid ones... you should try making the ressource one less "shinier" ? for the multi original set...

Otherwise, I agree that the multiply progress should be a little bit darker.

The multi damage is more awesome than the multi path...

I'm gonna go ahead and delete some of the extraneous attempts from that folder now. I removed the multiply_vivid files and renamed mva to multiply_vivid, so don't be confused. :)

Edited by joezim007

QUEST COMPLETED!!!

Hello, after commiting several posts to this thread, and Joezim007's constant fighting against the shadow of my demands, i'm happy to annouce that my "LotR Tokens Revival Quest" is completed!  :D

I'll start by showing the poor victims:

BNtuim.jpg

As you can see after many encounters over 800 registered games (and many "demo" games to teach it to new players) they have suffered a lot of damage. Besides over-usage, since i play a lot with 4 players and only have one Core Set i used to carry D10 dice along with the tokens to count player's threat, and learned too late that plastic dice and cardboard don't go well togheter.  :wacko:

The wound tokens are still "usable" but as you can see it's hard to tell the difference between many progress and resource tokens:

WhFt8p.jpg

So after achieving the objective of getting good token pictures from Joezim, i found a good graphic shop, that would print them on stickers:

jEo8nd.jpg

They were already "cut" in round shape so all i had to do was to "peel" them off the main sheet and stick them to both sides of each token. 

Here's a close up for better quality:

oy09Ay.jpg

Sadly, the stickers were just a tiny bit larger than the tokens themselves, so it wasn't perfect, and in many cases you really can't tell. Still they look much better now than previously, as you can compare here:

RxvGeG.jpg

In the end, after peeling over 180 stickers and placing them on both sides of each token (each token with 1-unit and 5-unit sides) the deed was done and i still have plenty of extra stickers in case some get ruined in the future:

XRmxBJ.jpg

And finally, here's a closer look of the new shiny tokens:

Resources:

OvFaLZ.jpg

Progess:

U4y9iB.jpg

Wounds:

Qgi1BJ.jpg

So even though it's not "perfect" (because of slightly larger stickers wich can be seen in the close up) i'm really happy about the final result, as you can tell by this long post!  :D

Special thanks to Joezim007 once more and to the online LotR community as a whole for always being willing to help a player in need. This wednesday they'll be used for the first time as our quests through Middle-Earth continue.

Next quest: print-out all fan-made scenarios in existence... stay tuned!  ;)

I'm so glad that I could help you out. I'm curious to find out whether they are too big because the image was too big or if the printer prints at a different resolution density than a normal consumer printer because the post that had the original image stated that they were the right size and his photos showed that the stickers were actually slightly smaller than his tokens.

I think it was actually the printer's problem, not the file.

I gave them one token so they could measure it and make the stickers based on it's size, so the stickers would be already cut and ready to peel & use. I was very happy with that option because otherwise i would need to use some scisors to cut over 180 round tokens.

I guess they took the measure themselves based on the real token and should have made them slightly shorter to account for them to be "pasted" inside the surface of the token. Still it was a good job nonetheless despite them not being the perfect size.