Sign in to follow this  
FarkonGnome

HTML Based Squad Builder

magadizer said:

This tool continues to be amazing.

Some feedback:

1. The reset button continues to not really clear everything out. I can give more specific examples if that would be helpful.

2. A few things don't black out exclusive options, such as the "BFGs" (lol by the way)

3. the new share features are cool, but they make the screen twitchy (at least on my android tablet using the chrome browser) It also makes the response time for selecting a box very slow. It's hard to tell if the checkmark "took" and then if you get impatient, the screen wil jump as the share buttons at the top re-adjust (reload) on the screen and you end up selecting another box inadvertently. In summary the share features are cool but clutter up the simplicity of the interaction with the chart. Is there a way to improve how they load onto the page, and the response time? Perhaps you could have a single "share" button that takes you to a different page or pop-up window with all those share options. That way they don't get in the way while you are playing around experimenting with the options of squad building.

1. I'll look into the reset feature I altered the reset function, let me know if it doesn't work like it should still.. Give me an example of a form that it isn't working on and I'll look into why it isn't working (give me the share URL so I can jump right into your session)

2. Yeah, the blacking out works for some things, but for things like the BFG's I'd rather give you a message and a warning line color. I can make it black if it really is wanted.

3. I altered the way it works… You have to click the share link at the top to show the tools. and then you can click it again to hide them. that way they aren't always forcing a refresh of those tools when you select/unselect options. I'm going to look at the metrics  after a montha dns ee what options are being used the most and then remove the ones that aren't. That should help things out in the future.

dbmeboy said:

Thanks man, this is awesome. One thing that could be cool if you had the time to add it: including the maneuver table for each ship in the printable squad list.

if enough people want it, I'll add it. I just need to get nice pictures of them to add to the image repository (AKA --> someone needs to send them to me).

FarkonGnome said:

dbmeboy said:

Thanks man, this is awesome. One thing that could be cool if you had the time to add it: including the maneuver table for each ship in the printable squad list.

if enough people want it, I'll add it. I just need to get nice pictures of them to add to the image repository (AKA --> someone needs to send them to me).

Fair enough.  There are decent scans in the files list at boardgamegeek that you could use if you decide to add it.

I'll probably add that as an option later on down the road, so dont' worry dbmeboy.

I added a hoverover/title to all of the fields so you can tell which field you are about to select. I know on the empire list the page can get pretty long so I figured this would help out.

The reset button seems to be working better now. However, if you select chewie and/or luke as crew for a YT, and then hit reset, then they are still blanked out on their respective rows for choosing them as pilots for an X-wing or YT, after the reset.

magadizer said:

The reset button seems to be working better now. However, if you select chewie and/or luke as crew for a YT, and then hit reset, then they are still blanked out on their respective rows for choosing them as pilots for an X-wing or YT, after the reset.

Fixed.

As long as you are fixing things so quickly, another problem I have is that I don't have any of the Wave 2 ships.

If you could get me some of those or cause FFG's shipment to move up, that would be great.

Thanks!

First of all, thanks for making this. It's a lot more convenient than having to get out all my cards when I'm thinking about lists.

I have noticed a few issues:

Outer Rim Smuggler 3 does not seem to contribute to the point total. Neither the squad total at the top nor the ship total in the far right hand column update.

The TIE Interceptors do not follow the previously established pattern of having the maximum number that will fit inside 100 points.

A typo: Wedge Antillies   -> Wedge Antilles (It's hard to see because of the repeated characters, but there's currently an extra 'i')

Pretty minor issues, but I'd thought I'd mention them in case you hadn't noticed.

Thanks again!

NewTroski said:

First of all, thanks for making this. It's a lot more convenient than having to get out all my cards when I'm thinking about lists.

I have noticed a few issues:

Outer Rim Smuggler 3 does not seem to contribute to the point total. Neither the squad total at the top nor the ship total in the far right hand column update.

The TIE Interceptors do not follow the previously established pattern of having the maximum number that will fit inside 100 points.

A typo: Wedge Antillies   -> Wedge Antilles (It's hard to see because of the repeated characters, but there's currently an extra 'i')

Pretty minor issues, but I'd thought I'd mention them in case you hadn't noticed.

Thanks again!

Fixed!

Fixed!

I'm not sure I follow, is this a comment or a bug? Can you elaborate more on this please?

It's not a bug per se, I guess it was just an observation.

There are 8 Academy Pilot slots, but only 7 Black and Obsidian slots. I thought this was because that was the most that would fit in a standard 100 point tournament game. This applies to all ships Imperial and Rebel, except for the TIE Interceptors, which have 8 slots regardless.

So, not really a problem, but it broke the mold so I thought I'd point it out. Just being pedantic I guess complice

Edit: I just noticed another; Bounty Hunter has only two slots, when you could take 3 in a 100 point game.

ShadowJak said:

Putting a Stealth Device on Night Beast doesn't change the squad point total.

SaintGordon said:

No bounty Hunter card is shown in the printable Squad List

Both items are fixed.