Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
D351

Sleeves

8 posts in this topic

Anybody else looking forward to some awesome sleeves for Netrunner?… I really wish I could get sleeves of the card backs from the original version just for retro points.

D351 said:

Anybody else looking forward to some awesome sleeves for Netrunner?… I really wish I could get sleeves of the card backs from the original version just for retro points.

Quoted for truth. I loved the backs of the decks, it broke my heart to sleeve them in a solid color sleeve to get the matte finish sleeve back.

Once my deckbuilding stabilizes (and thus I could support multiple decks with different art on the sleeves), I'd probably enjoy art sleeves mirroring the card backs, as well as art sleeves featuring the character on the box art and themed to individual identities, even.

It's my intention to sleeve cards with oldschool Netrunner cards.  I'll be using clear FFG sleeves with Score! for Runner decks and Accounts Receivable for Corp decks. :)

I just use the Ultra•Pro transparent sleeves I paid 4.99 or 5.99 € (not sure bought some other stuff as well) in my local shop. This way I can keep the awesome background =)

I never had any luck with art sleeves. They usually start decaying on me only after a couple months of heavy use; the backs start to peel off. For netrunner, I swithced to opaque, textured, heavy-duty sleeves, and they work like a charm. It has been 3-4 mounths and they still look like new. I even like the matte, slightly textured finish on the back.

On a related topic. Those of you currently using transparent sleeves but thinking of obtaining the new promotional cards, unfortunately you will be forced to use opaque sleeves as the promo cards differ sligthly in color from the rest, so they are easy to spot. :(

I'm using the UltraPro Matte sleeves with Red backs for Runner and Blue for Corp.  I like them a lot, they feel great, have less glare and they seem pretty durable.