Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Joe K.

Brain Damage.

Recommended Posts

Not sure on this one but I am confident about it:

 

On page 20 of the rules about Brain Damage,

The Runner randomly trashes one card from his grip for each point of brain damage done to him, and his maximum hand size is permanently reduced by one card. The Runner takes a brain damage token to track this

 

So if the particular piece of ice had a subroutine, "Do 4 brain damage," it would mean that the runner would randomly trash 4 cards and  then take one brain damage?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maximum hand size would be reduced by 4 in your example. From page 30:

Damage, Brain: A unit of damage that
requires the Runner to trash one card
from his grip at random, and reduces his
maximum hand size by one card.

One card randomly discarded per unit and a reduction of maximum hand size by one per unit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 The expanded rules on page 20 clearly state:

"The Runner randomly trashes one card from his grip for  each point of brain damage done to him, and his maximum hand size is permanently reduced by one card. The Runner takes a brain damage token to track this."

So you get hit for a 4 brain damage blast. You lose 4 cards, but only get one Brain Damage token. Your hand size is reduced by one.

The glossary is so shortened it is confusing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fortunately, all 4 cards that currently deal brain damage do so 1 at a time (3 HB ICE and Stimhack). Given the lack of brain damage prevention and the more powerful nature of brain damage (compared to meat and net), I don't see that changing any time soon, leaving FFG plenty of time to clarify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doc Savage said:

 The expanded rules on page 20 clearly state:

"The Runner randomly trashes one card from his grip for  each point of brain damage done to him, and his maximum hand size is permanently reduced by one card. The Runner takes a brain damage token to track this."

So you get hit for a 4 brain damage blast. You lose 4 cards, but only get one Brain Damage token. Your hand size is reduced by one.

The glossary is so shortened it is confusing. 

 

This is incorrect.

 

 

4 Brain Damage = 4 Discards from Grip + 4 Brain Damage Tokens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Khudzlin said:

Fortunately, all 4 cards that currently deal brain damage do so 1 at a time (3 HB ICE and Stimhack). Given the lack of brain damage prevention and the more powerful nature of brain damage (compared to meat and net), I don't see that changing any time soon, leaving FFG plenty of time to clarify.

 

Heimdall does 2 brain damage.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

byronczimmer said:

Khudzlin said:

 

Fortunately, all 4 cards that currently deal brain damage do so 1 at a time (3 HB ICE and Stimhack). Given the lack of brain damage prevention and the more powerful nature of brain damage (compared to meat and net), I don't see that changing any time soon, leaving FFG plenty of time to clarify.

 

 

 

Heimdall does 2 brain damage.

Unless cardgamedb is lying, Heimdall only does 1 brain damage:

The Runner can spend [Click] to break any subroutine on Heimdall 1.0.
[subroutine] Do 1 brain damage.
[subroutine] End the run.
[subroutine] End the run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Sent this question into FFG and got a response from Lukas….

"The rules are talking about *each time* that the Runner takes 1 point of brain damage. So if the Runner takes 3 brain damage from a single source, he will have his maximum hand size reduced by 3."

So there we go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

byronczimmer said:

Khudzlin said:

 

Fortunately, all 4 cards that currently deal brain damage do so 1 at a time (3 HB ICE and Stimhack). Given the lack of brain damage prevention and the more powerful nature of brain damage (compared to meat and net), I don't see that changing any time soon, leaving FFG plenty of time to clarify.

 

 

 

Heimdall does 2 brain damage.

 

 

 

I have the card in hand right now, he does 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Butaman551 said:

 Sent this question into FFG and got a response from Lukas….

"The rules are talking about *each time* that the Runner takes 1 point of brain damage. So if the Runner takes 3 brain damage from a single source, he will have his maximum hand size reduced by 3."

So there we go.

I'm still sort of baffled that anyone thought otherwise.  Thanks for posting the clarification!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Butaman551 said:

 Sent this question into FFG and got a response from Lukas….

"The rules are talking about *each time* that the Runner takes 1 point of brain damage. So if the Runner takes 3 brain damage from a single source, he will have his maximum hand size reduced by 3."

So there we go.

Wow, that was a tricky one. Sounded almost like one. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...