Sign in to follow this  
SoberCajun

Boston Netrunners

Hi everyone!

I am very excited about seeing organized play for this game in the Boston, MA region, and I am in the process of working out a structure to hold tournaments at Pandemonium Books and Games in Cambridge, MA.  

What I really need at first is a good sense of how much interest we have in this area, so that I can find out if scheduling organized play in the (relatively near) future is feasible.

Please respond to this thread if you are interested.  So far it looks like Wednesday nights are the most logistically possible, but this could be flexible depending on the interest level.  

I look forward to playing with all of you, and eventually crowning our region's top runner.

-Jacob

Hi I'm from the Peabody area and Wednesday Night tournaments would be perfect for me, hopefully more people post here and tournaments can get rolling, loved this game back in the day and so glad to have it back now. 

I'm located ont he South Shore, a little south of Quincy.  But I wouldn't mind trying to meet up for a little playtime.  Are there still runners looking for some Ice to Break?

-Eastie04

Did anything ever come of this, or are there events at other places than Pandemonium? I don't know how regular an attendee I would be, but I'm curious to learn the game. It sounds like something I'd enjoy, but I don't want to spring for a set until I've played a few games.

I live in Revere, work in Boston. I'd usually be up for anything in the north shore area (up to and including Beverly), but at the moment I have some car issues so I'm stuck with things along the subway.

I'd definitely be up for playing Netrunner at Pandemonium after work. I could get there by 5:30 most days. Thursday's no good for me, though, otherwise wide open.

mostman said:

I could probably be a sporadic attendee for a non structured meetup.  If it becomes more structured (like a league), I would absolutely be interested in joining.

Cart and horse, my friend.

How late are people there on Wednesday?  I might be able to swing by, but I don't get out of work until pretty late.  Are there any regular weekend Netrunner events in the area?

Anachron said:

How late are people there on Wednesday?  I might be able to swing by, but I don't get out of work until pretty late.  Are there any regular weekend Netrunner events in the area?

It depends on the number of people. I've stayed as late as 11:00.  There are not currently any regular events otherwise, though Niko is hoping to start running regular tournaments later in the year. We might want to poke The Whiz in Westborough again.