Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drkjedi35

Northern VA Players

51 posts in this topic

I will be there with a friend around 2 on Saturday Oct 6.  I'll see if I can make up there on Monday also.  Not sure though.

Roy

Jedi Chuck and I are hoping to be at Game Parlor on October 8th around opening time.  Tables are $2/person for all day.

I should be done in Vienna between five and six. I'll head straight to the Game Parlor from there.

Hey, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be able to be there in the evening. I'm going to be at Game Parlor with a couple people starting at 11am, but I can't really stay later than 4 or so.

Daycare just fell apart for Monday due to a family emergency, so I cannot go to Game Parlor on Monday after all.

pitsch said:

ok, who else will be at game parlor and what time? i will be there around 11am

I can't make it out (I'm who Marechal was referring to when he said Jedi Chuck), my fiance is sick and I'm taking care of her. Sorry :-/ I am down for this Saturday, though. I'll post something on AFM soon to see if others are interested.

Unfortunately Kris and I are both out this weekend.  But he was talking about running one on the 27th.  I'll talk to him about it.

Roy

I thought Kris would have posted by now.  Apparently the Game Parlor has a big Magic release tournament on Saturday and another tournament on the tables in the back.  They will not let us have any space.  He is supposed to be checking on another place though.  Send Kris a PM on AFM and see what he says.

Roy

Tournament

When: 2:00pm Oct 27th

Where: Game Parlor in Chantily Va
Entry:$5, gets you 3 tournament game plus unlimited games after tournament.
Prize: depending on participants, will get at least one expansion for the winner
Rules: Standard Tournement rules. 100pt squad. 60 min game. round robin, top 4 play a 4 person playoff. 

Will work with AFM to get a ranking system in place to have a monthly prize for 1st place in the rankings

If interested reply here.

pitsch said:

Tournament

When: 2:00pm Oct 27th

Where: Game Parlor in Chantily Va
Entry:$5, gets you 3 tournament game plus unlimited games after tournament.
Prize: depending on participants, will get at least one expansion for the winner
Rules: Standard Tournement rules. 100pt squad. 60 min game. round robin, top 4 play a 4 person playoff. 

Will work with AFM to get a ranking system in place to have a monthly prize for 1st place in the rankings

If interested reply here.

Pitsch - You should post this over on the NEW AFM.  See the link in my signature for the link.

Roy

pitsch said:

If ur free I am? This weekend? Ashburn is far though. Where do u live? I'm in Woodbridge.

I live in Ashburn.  Really close to Huzzah (thats why I asked).  This weekend won't work for me since I have to make up so much work that I missed due to Superstorm Sandy (lol).

Perhaps we could organize a friendly tournament at Game Parlor in Chantilly since it seems central to most people.

Sat, November 10, 7pm – 10pm

Where: Game Vault of Fredericksburg, VA

Description

Our first ever tournament for the amazing new miniature game!  Since this is our first time running this event we will start off small with 50pt star fighter fleets.

Cost:$5.00 to enter
Format:Swiss (rounds determined by number of players)
Prize Support: 1st Place 50% of entry fees, 2nd Place 30% of entry fees, 3rd Place 20% of entry fees.  (All Prizes are in STORE CREDIT)

I live in Warrenton, VA. Gainsville is right next door.

I would rather NOT play at Game Parlor… Anywhere else this side of 495 is fine, though I would prefer something this side of 234.