Sign in to follow this  
AncientAngel

Minnesota Players

Anyone from the Minnesota area?

Please post the area where you live and any known organized groups so we can connect more players with games.

I am from Chanhassen, Twin Cities area. Being this close to FFG, I would expect a good turn out on these forums.

I currently know of no organized groups, still rather new to the area.  But we do have a X-wing touranment coming up in November at the FFG Event center in Roseville . Any one up to attending the touranment?

Rollins said:

Did you get your shipment? what did you order? I'm supprised you didn't just go pick them up from FF. I was thinking of maybe heading down there tonight.

2 Starter Sets

2 Tie Advanced

1 Tie

1 X-wing

1 Y-wing

I would have bought them at a store, but it is hard to pass up on $150 worth of goodies for $100. I normally work from Noon to 10pm which could change in a week or two. Only time I got a chance to play is on my days off, which is Thursday this week. And the shipment isn't here yet, but I can wait.

Wow .. How did you get that kind of discount?  Your pretty set up there.  Went to FF last night and played a game against a guy who had a Y wing and a advanced Tie.  We just wanted to see how those worked I used the Ywing. It's like a flying Tank .  Flys like a Tank, turns like a Tank, moves like a Tank and Armored like a Tank. IMHO it needs the turret upgrade. The advanced Tie won the battle.  It's a fun game. Cant wait to get into more squad play.

The Miniature Market has some really good deals.

I saw that the FFG event center offers 15% discount on products if they are a member. But I see no price listing for what it costs to be a member.

Its good to hear that people are playing in the area. I think I am going to have to head out to the event center tomorrow on my day off and check it out. Maybe get a game going as well.

I currently reside in Crystal (twin cities metro) and frequently play at FFG Event Center.

I try to attend Call of Cthulhu LCG on Tuesdays, but there is usually a low turnout so I am available after a hand or two. I also try to go wednesdays for Heroclix, but have been out of town so much lately that it is hard to make it on wednesdays. Sometimes saturdays work for me as well.

I usually play on Wed nights with a private group we were done early. So I went to FFG and got into a game with someone. I ended up winning by one shot. I was a good game. I may swing by today for a bit. I'm done with work early.

I play with my bros on Wed nights in Saint Louis Park. I live 4 mi from FFG, last wed we were done at 8:30ish ..  I went to FFG and got a game in. If you do go Let me know. I'll swing by after.

Rollins said:

I play with my bros on Wed nights in Saint Louis Park. I live 4 mi from FFG, last wed we were done at 8:30ish ..  I went to FFG and got a game in. If you do go Let me know. I'll swing by after.

Count me in then.

I should be there between 8-8:30 Wednesday night.

Good games.. always learning. Dave has an updated Trench run and the map layout has been updated a little bit. I think my Trench was a little bit narrow too. I'm hoping to print out a new map today. I may poke my head into FFG.

crackerbox said:

Another MN player here, except I live way over in Moorhead.

Anyone else in the Fargo-Moorhead area?

Detroit Lakes here - but I play (rather - will be playing with some friends in fargo) I'll shoot you a PM.

This Wed has opened up for me. I plan on heading down. Just played the DS run last night. Rebels won. was a fun game. My map is a little small I need to print the new version.  Are you going to do Worlds?