Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drkjedi35

Millennium Falcon, Slave 1, TIE Interceptor, and A-wing!!

50 posts in this topic

thatfargone said:

drkjedi35 said:

I think the cost will vary by pilot.  But that might be an 8 Hull value.  I did notice that one of the Falcon pilots have a 1 Pilot Skill Value.  Leia maybe?

Roy

Lando Calrissian ain't too bad of a Falcon pilot eithergui%C3%B1o.gif

Yes there was his little maneuver at the battle of Tannab (listing to the right wasn't it?)

Shanturin said:

Roy, are we both talking about the same picture? This one? -> http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/news/wave2/swx08-layout.png

'Cause to me the second action on the visible (the last to the right) card is certainly NOT Target Lock ;) 

Ninja edit: DavicusPrime - diffrent pilots having diffrent actions on the same ship? That's an intresting idea.

This is a screencapture of the image that I'm looking at taken from the news article. Looks a little different than your image.

9-14-20124-13-05PM.jpg

Looks like Target Lock to me and is obviously different than yours.

Roy

Well then, I have no idea why both pictures differ. I keep refreshing the news article (link from main page) a there's still barrel roll. Nevermind, the important part is that my version is obviously wrong and thanks for pointing that out (if not, i would probably proxy the wrong A-wing today :P)

It seems like the A wing should have more fore power and shields than they gave it.  The A wing could ram other ships with little to no damage sustained.

Flynnard said:

It seems like the A wing should have more fore power and shields than they gave it.  The A wing could ram other ships with little to no damage sustained.

Really? What's your reference on that one?

Also for others who have posted, the icons at the bottom of the A-wing ship cards are clearly Focus, Target Lock, a new one which I assume is Boost, and Evade. In that order.

I don't know if this has been said, but the Falcon's 360 rotation is due to the gun turrets above and below the fuselage. Also, in the A-Wing's description I call foul saying the A-Wing had a affect on a Star Destroyer. The pilot got hit, slammed into the star destroyer's command bay when their shields were down. Bad call FFG! Love the game though.

Parakitor said:

Flynnard said:

Also for others who have posted, the icons at the bottom of the A-wing ship cards are clearly Focus, Target Lock, a new one which I assume is Boost, and Evade. In that order.

The Fact that the A Wing had the next generation shield generator giving it more output.

Flynnard said:

Parakitor said:

Flynnard said:

The Fact that the A Wing had the next generation shield generator giving it more output.

I have been a big fan of SW for my whole life, and I have read lots of the extra stuff out there.  Granted not all of it.  I have no doubt that some reference book or website out there discussed these "next generation shields" but I have never heard of them before.

The A-Wing in general is a smaller, faster more agile fighter than the x-wing.  In the computer game as well as the role playing game it had less hits than other rebel fighters.  Instead it was harder to hit.  I think FFG capture that well.

With the exception of the TIE bomber, TIE fighters progress from abundant, but not that impressive (like the standard TIE) to more impressive craft that were increasingly rare (like the TIE advanced and TIE defender).

Rebel craft on the other hand seemed to be more nitch based, with each craft excelling in its own area, but not being an all arround better craft.

In the "X-wing" computer game, the shield rating of the A-wing was the same as the X-wing, so I don't know from there it comes the reference to a "next-generation shield generator. As a matter of fact, in the "X-wing" computer game the A-wing was the only rebel fighter that almost never could survive a collision with a TIE Fighter (in the X-wing and the Y-wing you would lose all shields and the hull would be damaged, but the fighter would survive).

The pilot and upgrade cards for the "A-wing Expansion Pack" seems to be "Tycho Celchu (Skill 8)", Arvel Crynyd (Skill 6), Green Squadron Pilot (Skill 4) and some generic pilot pit Skill 1. The upgrade cards are the Elite Talents "Deadeye" and "Push Throttle" and the Secondary Weapons "Concussion Missiles", "Cluster Missiles", and what seems to be a third missile-type secondary weapon ("Advanced Concussion Missiles"? "Homing Concussion Missiles"?).

No mention to swivel cannons or sensor jamming systems, though.

In the "TIE Interceptor Expansion Pack" I identify a "Fresh Recruit (Skill 1)", "Avenger Squadron Pilot (Skill 3), "Saber Squadron Pilot (Skill 4)" and "Soontir Fel (Skill 9)". The Skill 5 unidentified pilot has the red stripes of the 181st ("Fel's Wrath"? "Tur Phennir"?) and there is a remaining Skill 7 pilot. The upgrade cards are "Daredevil" and "Elusiveness". (The "Elusiveness" card appears also in the "Millenium Falcon Expansion Pack").

I find it curious that there are Skill 1 pilots por the A-wing and the TIE Interceptor, when these fighters should be given only to elite pilots, but a rookie X-wing pilot has an higher Skill 2.

In regards to the A-wing, i'm sure I read in the rogue squadron series that A-wings could move their guns 180 degrees so they could fire vertically aswell as horizontally.

Starsky said:

Also, in the A-Wing's description I call foul saying the A-Wing had a affect on a Star Destroyer. The pilot got hit, slammed into the star destroyer's command bay when their shields were down. Bad call FFG! Love the game though.

Prior to the A-wing crashing in RoTJ 2 A-Wings took out the bridge deflector shield on the Executor, which allowed other A-wing to slam into the bridge otherwise A-wing would have hit the bridge deflector shield and blown up probably taking the shields out but leaving the Bridge intact.  So all in all it took 3 A-wings to take down one of most deadly captial ships of it's time, so maybe not a Star destroyer but a super star destroyer yes. happy.gif

herozeromes said:

I called it as far as the pilots who would be in the release for the Falcon. However, I really thought they'd introduce a co-pilot component as one of the marquee features of this expansion, so the fact that Han, Chewie, Lando, and Nien are all separate pilots bums me out. Now, the announcement does say that they bring some rule changes to the game so I suppose that could be one of them, but it doesn't look promising.

I think this is a foregone conclusion. For one they only mention those four, and then go on to say "and more". First of all, I find it hard to believe that any of these four have a pilot skill of 1, which is generally reserved for the greenest of pilots. My guess is at least the pilot skill one is a generic pilot (or perhaps, as mentioned, Leia), and Chewie and Nien Nunb are indeed copilot options. Secondly, it wouldn't make much sense to make one or more generic Firespray pilot cards (which I think we all agree is somewhat likely) and not have at least one generic YT-1300. Here's hoping, I want co-pilots!

RavenBlade666 said:

In regards to the A-wing, i'm sure I read in the rogue squadron series that A-wings could move their guns 180 degrees so they could fire vertically aswell as horizontally.

Starsky said:

Also, in the A-Wing's description I call foul saying the A-Wing had a affect on a Star Destroyer. The pilot got hit, slammed into the star destroyer's command bay when their shields were down. Bad call FFG! Love the game though.

Prior to the A-wing crashing in RoTJ 2 A-Wings took out the bridge deflector shield on the Executor, which allowed other A-wing to slam into the bridge otherwise A-wing would have hit the bridge deflector shield and blown up probably taking the shields out but leaving the Bridge intact.  So all in all it took 3 A-wings to take down one of most deadly captial ships of it's time, so maybe not a Star destroyer but a super star destroyer yes. happy.gif

But just before that Ackbar Ordered "All Cruisers, concentrate your fire on that Super Star Destroyer"  I think we need to give an entire fleet of MC80's at least the assist.

Hrathen said:

RavenBlade666 said:

Starsky said:

But just before that Ackbar Ordered "All Cruisers, concentrate your fire on that Super Star Destroyer"  I think we need to give an entire fleet of MC80's at least the assist.

I agree plus the MC80s' did take a far bit of punishment for their assist

qwertyuiop said:

drkjedi35 said:

I did notice that one of the Falcon pilots have a 1 Pilot Skill Value.  Leia maybe?

So what are you trying to say?

Just assuming that Leia is not a good pilot.  Or maybe its C-3PO.

Roy

drkjedi35 said:

qwertyuiop said:

drkjedi35 said:

I did notice that one of the Falcon pilots have a 1 Pilot Skill Value.  Leia maybe?

So what are you trying to say?

Just assuming that Leia is not a good pilot.  Or maybe its C-3PO.

Roy

;)

BTW, I updated the spreadsheet with all the information I could find.

Looks like the A-wing picture was changed and corrected.  No Barrel Roll for A-wings.

Looking at the Falcon, I think the two lowest pilots are different YT-1300s.  A base model for the lowest skill and another smuggler for the next lowest skill.  I think that Neib and Chewie are gunners or co-pilots, but I did not see them on cards.

The Intercepter second highest rated pilot appears to start with a T, which to me makes him Turr.  3rd higest is something with the 181st I think.

Anyone figure anything else out, I will update the spreadsheet.

Thanks,

Duncan

In addition to Concussion Missiles and Cluster Missiles the A-wing appears to have Homing Missiles. Anybody want to second that? If it's true it would be pretty sweet!

EDIT: And I believe the other upgrade reads "Push Through" but it's impossible to know for sure at this point.

EDIT 2: And do my eyes deceive me or does the Slave I come with seismic charges? Danger!

Parakitor said:

[…] EDIT: And I believe the other upgrade reads "Push Through" but it's impossible to know for sure at this point. 

It could also be "Push Throttle".

Agrivar said:

Parakitor said:

[…] EDIT: And I believe the other upgrade reads "Push Through" but it's impossible to know for sure at this point. 

It could also be "Push Throttle".

Punch It?

Good call on the Homing Missile.  Both Slave I and the A-wing seem to have it.  That would match what we saw in Episode II from Slave I.

I also agree that looks like the wonderful seismic charge.  Based on that, I suspect that upgrade icon is for Mines.

Once I get enough stuff, I will post the spreadsheet again.  Hopefully next Friday we will get a proper preview with card images.

Thanks,

Duncan

Dude!  I just totally noticed that the right most upper row upgrade card is Luke Skywalker.  This picture is Luke in the gun turret from ANH.

The next card appears to be Nieb Numb, the picture is him in a red suit, you can just see the edge of his face and the title looks like his name.  

After that is Chewbacca.  The picture may be an arm, and the name appears to start CHE.  So I think that is where we will see the "co-pilots" and "gunners".

Thanks,

Duncan

OOpps, Sorry Raven Blade. In my own fanboy rage, I missed the fact it was a Super Star Destroyer.  Thanks for pointing that out! haha

RavenBlade666 said:

Starsky said:

RavenBlade666 said:

Starsky said:

Actually the A wing Guns have a 360 degree firing arc because the would flip them back and shoot the pursuing crafts making them a nasty fighter interceptor.