Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drkjedi35

Millennium Falcon, Slave 1, TIE Interceptor, and A-wing!!

50 posts in this topic

Looks like it official! http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3565

First thoughts:

The Millennium Falcon has a 3 Attack, 1 Agility, 3 Hull, and 5 Shields. No sure what the circular icon is on the base around the hole.  Comes with 4 pilots, 13 upgrades, and apparently some new rules associated with it.  And it looks like there will be NO non-unique YT-1300 pilots.

Slave 1  has 3 Attack, 2 Agility, 5?? Hull, and 5 Shields.  Looks like it has a front and back firing arc. Comes with 4 pilots, 12 upgrades, and new rules and mission. Not sure if there will be any non-unique firespray pilots.

A-wing has 2 Attack, 3 Agility, 2 Hull, and 2 Shields.  Comes with 4 pilots (including Tycho Celchu) and 5 upgrades.

TIE Interceptor has 3 Attack, 3 Agility, 3 Hull, and No Shields. Comes with 6 pilots (including Soontir Fel), 2 upgrades, and a new action called Boost.

What do you guys think?

Roy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read it as an 8 on the Falcon's hull value.  I also thought I saw a cost of 47, so that much hull and shields would make sense for about the cost of 2 Y-wings.

 

I couldn't tell the cost on Slave-1, but the A-Wing seems to be in the mid 20's and the TI seems to be 18.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

drkjedi35 said:

Looks like it official! http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3565

First thoughts:

The Millennium Falcon has a 3 Attack, 1 Agility, 3 Hull, and 5 Shields. No sure what the circular icon is on the base around the hole.  Comes with 4 pilots, 13 upgrades, and apparently some new rules associated with it.  And it looks like there will be NO non-unique YT-1300 pilots.

Slave 1  has 3 Attack, 2 Agility, 5?? Hull, and 5 Shields.  Looks like it has a front and back firing arc. Comes with 4 pilots, 12 upgrades, and new rules and mission. Not sure if there will be any non-unique firespray pilots.

A-wing has 2 Attack, 3 Agility, 2 Hull, and 2 Shields.  Comes with 4 pilots (including Tycho Celchu) and 5 upgrades.

TIE Interceptor has 3 Attack, 3 Agility, 3 Hull, and No Shields. Comes with 6 pilots (including Soontir Fel), 2 upgrades, and a new action called Boost.

What do you guys think?

Roy

 

I think it denotes a 360 firing arc maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the cost will vary by pilot.  But that might be an 8 Hull value.  I did notice that one of the Falcon pilots have a 1 Pilot Skill Value.  Leia maybe?

 

Roy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prathin said:

drkjedi35 said:

 

Looks like it official! http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3565

First thoughts:

The Millennium Falcon has a 3 Attack, 1 Agility, 3 Hull, and 5 Shields. No sure what the circular icon is on the base around the hole.  Comes with 4 pilots, 13 upgrades, and apparently some new rules associated with it.  And it looks like there will be NO non-unique YT-1300 pilots.

Slave 1  has 3 Attack, 2 Agility, 5?? Hull, and 5 Shields.  Looks like it has a front and back firing arc. Comes with 4 pilots, 12 upgrades, and new rules and mission. Not sure if there will be any non-unique firespray pilots.

A-wing has 2 Attack, 3 Agility, 2 Hull, and 2 Shields.  Comes with 4 pilots (including Tycho Celchu) and 5 upgrades.

TIE Interceptor has 3 Attack, 3 Agility, 3 Hull, and No Shields. Comes with 6 pilots (including Soontir Fel), 2 upgrades, and a new action called Boost.

What do you guys think?

Roy

 

 

 

I think it denotes a 360 firing arc maybe?

Maybe the primary weapon uses the regular arc and a secondary weapon is 360.  That's the way it should be.

Roy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, point cost will vary by pilot.  I was just using it as a base point to think about how the ship fits in squad building.

 

X-Wing: High 20's

Y-Wing: High 20's

A-Wing: Mid 20's

Falcon: 40's

 

TIE: Mid teens

TA: 20's

TI: High teens

Slave 1: ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are really great news :D The stats are more or less what I expected, though I thought A-wing will be even more fragile (like, say, 3 Hull and no Shields or 2 Hull and single Shield).

I'm curious how A-wings are going to use Cluster and Concussion Missiles (both cards are clearly seen on the photo) since they have no Target Lock action? Also can't wait to see how Slave's & Falcon's firing arcs and Boost action works (something like 'make another manouver' would be awesome). Pity that Celhu's special rule is unreadable :P

BTW, am I wrong, or is there a "1" white turn on Falcon's maneuver dial? 0.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Santa, I know what I want for Christmas. babeo.gif

Looks like The falcon has an all around fire arc for at least one weapon (the swirly arrow on the base) and the Slave-1 has a front and rear arc.  very interesting…  And the vast number of upgrades and specials with the mediums makes them must haves.

I guess Boost answers the question of how with the interceptors get to go faster if 5 is the max speed move template for every body.

Yup…  I'm gonna be buying at least 4 TIE Interceptors.  corazon.gif

-DavicusPrime

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shanturin said:

I'm curious how A-wings are going to use Cluster and Concussion Missiles (both cards are clearly seen on the photo) since they have no Target Lock action?

According to the pic, the A-wing DOES have Target Lock.  You can see the icon on the Pilot Card and the Base, and there are Target Lock tokens by the cards.

Roy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

drkjedi35 said:

I think the cost will vary by pilot.  But that might be an 8 Hull value.  I did notice that one of the Falcon pilots have a 1 Pilot Skill Value.  Leia maybe?

 

Roy

Could be C3P0.  He did pilot it (quite badly) in at least one of the books! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

drkjedi35 said:

 

 

According to the pic, the A-wing DOES have Target Lock.  You can see the icon on the Pilot Card and the Base, and there are Target Lock tokens by the cards.

Roy

 

Well, actually, the symbols on the Tycho's ship card are (left to right): Focus, Barrel Roll, Boost, Evade :P But you're right, the base and presence of the tokens indicates that A-wing has a Target Lock action. Possible misprint? That would be sad, I was so excited to see spinning A-wings :(
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shanturin said:

drkjedi35 said:

 

 

 

According to the pic, the A-wing DOES have Target Lock.  You can see the icon on the Pilot Card and the Base, and there are Target Lock tokens by the cards.

Roy

 

 

 

Well, actually, the symbols on the Tycho's ship card are (left to right): Focus, Barrel Roll, Boost, Evade :P But you're right, the base and presence of the tokens indicates that A-wing has a Target Lock action. Possible misprint? That would be sad, I was so excited to see spinning A-wings :(
 

That is not Barrel Roll on the card.  It is Target Lock.

Roy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A's have to have target lock, they carry missiles.

I suspect that A's have: Focus, Target Lock, evade and Boost.

The TIE interceptor has: Focus, Evade, Barrel Roll and Boost

-DavicusPrime

 

Edit: Looks like not all A's get target lock and there's a third kind of missile upgrade card pictured.  Perhaps the new missile doesn't require target lock, and not all pilots can take the concussion and cluster missiles which required it.

Very interesting, indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I scoured the images at 200% to try and find interesting details.  Several upgrade cards are reused from previous sets (Cluster and concussion missiles at the least.)  I have begun updating my spreadsheet with most of the data.  I won't have it posted until later however.  I think I figured out most of the TIE and A-wing pilots, but only 2 of the Falcon (Han and Lando) and only Boba for Slave I.  It also appears that unlike the fighters, some of the stats and actions may actually change with the medium class ships.  I suspect that the lowest skill pilot for each will be generic.

I will try and strain my eyes more later and scrounge up more details.

Thanks,

Duncan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I called it as far as the pilots who would be in the release for the Falcon. However, I really thought they'd introduce a co-pilot component as one of the marquee features of this expansion, so the fact that Han, Chewie, Lando, and Nien are all separate pilots bums me out. Now, the announcement does say that they bring some rule changes to the game so I suppose that could be one of them, but it doesn't look promising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you are right, the pilot card on the furthest right does look like it has a barrel roll, but the pilot card on the furthest left - you can just see some of the second icon poking out - this dosn't look like a barrel roll and could be a target lock. Which could imply that different pilots have different abilities, or it's a mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed that the Falcon has two Stress tokens.  Now I wonder why it would need two?

Also, an Ionized token, which means Ion Cannons are an option.

very curious.

-DavicusPrime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

herozeromes said:

I called it as far as the pilots who would be in the release for the Falcon. However, I really thought they'd introduce a co-pilot component as one of the marquee features of this expansion, so the fact that Han, Chewie, Lando, and Nien are all separate pilots bums me out. Now, the announcement does say that they bring some rule changes to the game so I suppose that could be one of them, but it doesn't look promising.

I'm relieved that we don't have to bother with copilots, but that's just me.

I hope I scrounge up enough money by Christmas to get these, but I doubt I'll get more than one of each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Budgernaut said:

herozeromes said:

 

I called it as far as the pilots who would be in the release for the Falcon. However, I really thought they'd introduce a co-pilot component as one of the marquee features of this expansion, so the fact that Han, Chewie, Lando, and Nien are all separate pilots bums me out. Now, the announcement does say that they bring some rule changes to the game so I suppose that could be one of them, but it doesn't look promising.

 

 

I'm relieved that we don't have to bother with copilots, but that's just me.

I hope I scrounge up enough money by Christmas to get these, but I doubt I'll get more than one of each.

Have other people do the scrounching, and ask for them for Christmas -- at least part of the set. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SteveSpikes said:

 

I hope I scrounge up enough money by Christmas to get these, but I doubt I'll get more than one of each.

 

 

Have other people do the scrounching, and ask for them for Christmas -- at least part of the set. gui%C3%B1o.gif

I intend on doing both. lengua.gif  Technically, my first wave order is me buying my own B-Day Prezzy.  I'll be asking for cash for X-Mas to be able to do the same thing plus saving my pennies.  I may have to look into selling off some terrain and/or 40K minis to further finance my second wave order.

 

-DavicusPrime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

drkjedi35 said:

I think the cost will vary by pilot.  But that might be an 8 Hull value.  I did notice that one of the Falcon pilots have a 1 Pilot Skill Value.  Leia maybe?

 

Roy

 

Lando Calrissian ain't too bad of a Falcon pilot eithergui%C3%B1o.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0