Sign in to follow this  
Bayard2

Night Hunt scenario in Designer's Series: American setup mistake?

In the 'Night Hunt' scenario, under American Setup - Deployment zone, the setup zones for American Divisions 1 and 2 seem to have been inversed, at least after reading the scenario notes and designer's notes. It seems division 2 (instead of 1) should deploy on maps 8B and 10A (the infantry in the foxholes), and division 1 (instead of 2) should deploy on maps 1A, 7A and 9A (the tanks + some crews and rear troops in the town).

Does anyone have any thoughts or clarifications on this?

I was wondering about exactly the same thing. Why do the shermans and only 2 infantry squads start outside the town for all those foxholes?  also it get's pretty hard to for the germans to beat the shermans in the woods because it's getting more like the german bazooka squads being hunted by the shermans than vice versa.

I'm sure they accidentally swapped the American divisions. There is no other conclusion if you read the background story. An 'official' clarification would be nice though.

Anyway, I'll play it the way I suggested in my original post. I think the best thing is to bring the point to the attention of your opponent before sides are chosen (we always choose our side/division randomly, so no problem there...).