Sign in to follow this  
Tarus

Damaging out-of-range miniatures

Ok, here's another one:

First, according to the rules if an attacking miniature hasn't range to at least one enemy miniature it doesn't contribute to the attack. When assigning damage the player must remove the miniatures in plain sight (not obscured), then the obscured ones… and then what? If none of the attackers has range to a given miniature (obscured or not) can it be assigned damage? Apparently, in the rules nothing forbids it, but it's quite strange that no attacker has range to THAT miniature but it can be damaged anyway.

Is that correct?

Yes that is correct with the current rules… as long as you have range to someone in the unit you can assign the dmg to anyone in LoS regardless of range. I kind of wish they would FAQ this so you can only wound folks in range as well as LOS.

I'd say it's more odd that a bullet only travels for ~50 meters and then stops dead in the air. gui%C3%B1o.gif

I know what you're saying but it does speed up gameplay a lot and I think it's very liberating.