Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Highball

Status just switched to "Now Shipping".

14 posts in this topic

Looks like FFG finally updated the status of the game to shipping to retailers now.

I guess we can confirm that we are playing this week!

I called FFG about an hour ago and told them their page needed to be updated since it was now selling at Target.  I learned a few things folks might want to know.

1. The starter and expansions are shipping at the same time.

2. The dice are definitely shipping later. So, if you don't want your preorder delayed, you should remove the dice pack to be safe.

3. They were as surprised as we were that it was selling at Target (I think they shipped it to them but they were not supposed to start selling it until the 19th).

4. The goal was to let LGS get it first, and hopefully by the end of this week. 

5. It has been shipped to distributors and distributors have the ok to ship to LGS. 

6. Some LGS will see them as early as tomorrow if they are close to the distributor (and the rest hopefully by the end of the week).

I think that covers everything I asked about. Why they couldn't have told us this sooner or updated things better along the way I still do not know.

EDIT: CoolStuffInc just confirmed they are expecting their stock this week and will ship on a first order first shipped basis. 

EDIT 2: Miniature Market confirmed they are expecting their stuff by Friday and that they will start shipping on Monday at the latest.  They also confirmed they are expecting starters and expansions, but NOT the dice. 

For anyone in the Midwest, I just hit up Chicagoland Games: The Dice Dojo regarding when they'll have it in store and got the following response!

"First we have to get the actual game, we will be receiving the game plus the ]Y-Wing and TIE Advanced expansions on Thursday. The next set of expansions including the Millennium Falcon are set for December."

The employees (team members) at local Target Stores are gonna probably think, what's the deal with the run on this X-Wing game? partido_risa.gif  Until your LGS gets them in stock, of course.

herozeromes said:

If I hadn't already preordered it, I'd be tempted to drive an hour to go to the nearest Target. Tempted, but I probably wouldn't do it.

Yeah, if I'm going to spend forty bucks to buy it in store I'll go to my FLGS and not Target.

As soon as I read this post I immediately went to my local Target and they had it in stock. I bought it then and there. My friends got their copies at Star Wars Celebration and I was kicking my self for not going when I could have. But now I have it and can't wait for my first game! 

I got an email from the war store yesterday giving me my tracking info for my Y-Wings, if only the miniature market would ship me the rest of my stuff so I could play. 

supremespleen said:

The next set of expansions including the Millennium Falcon are set for December."

good news, first I'm hearing a date for wave 2.  Bad news for my wallet, good news for christmas presents to me!

R5Don4 said:

supremespleen said:

The next set of expansions including the Millennium Falcon are set for December."

good news, first I'm hearing a date for wave 2.  Bad news for my wallet, good news for christmas presents to me!

+1

supremespleen said:

I hope this is true, the FFG guy I spoke with at CVI said summer next year.

Jaster said:

supremespleen said:

I hope this is true, the FFG guy I spoke with at CVI said summer next year.

by then maybe the UK will have just got the core set….