Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gribble

Reference Sheets

151 posts in this topic

You have already received quite a few kudos, but I wanted to jump in and say that your reference sheets made playing the game so much easier for my group.

Particularly for character generation, everything was much faster with your sheets. I printed out four sets of those pages and had four people working through the steps at the same time. The only bottleneck was passing my book around for everyone to look at skills and talents.

All of my players agreed that these types of pages should simply be part of the packaged game.

Thank you so much for making the sheets and keeping them updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gribble said:

I've updated for the week 6 updates, including the new starship actions:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9077657/SW-EotE-Reference-Sheets.pdf

 

Previous version archived here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9077657/SW-EotE/SW-EotE-Reference-Sheets-v7.pdf

 

Great work buddy, any chance in the update posts you could give us a heads-up on what pages have altered so I din't have to print off the whole thing each time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lupex said:

Great work buddy, any chance in the update posts you could give us a heads-up on what pages have altered so I din't have to print off the whole thing each time?

Hmmm.. I'll see what I can do. I isn't something I've historically tracked, because I usually made little adjustments here and there all the time. Now that they have stabilised a bit more, I'll see what I can do to track the changes a bit better.

:) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I'd love to see combat maneuvers detailed out in their own section, as well as a larger font. Also you might break charged off into its own doc, since it won't be used in play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Venthrac said:

 I'd love to see combat maneuvers detailed out in their own section, as well as a larger font. Also you might break charged off into its own doc, since it won't be used in play.

This would be tricky without turning the current combat sheet into two pages - something I've been trying to avoid if possible.

One of the things I was considering was an alternative "combat one-pager" that condenses all the relevent combat stuff in a landscape sheet (using diagrams as much as possible, inspired by Jedi-Scoundrel's range aid). 

I wouldn't hold your breath for larger font though - it's hard enough to fit everything as it is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 You might consider expanding the margins as a way to buy more space.

These are nitpicks, by the way. On the whole, this is a fantastic resource. Thanks for all the work you've put in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Venthrac said:

 You might consider expanding the margins as a way to buy more space.

These are nitpicks, by the way. On the whole, this is a fantastic resource. Thanks for all the work you've put in.

Yeah, no worries. I'm happy to look at ways to improve it, because it's something that (first and foremost) I use myself.

:)

I'll have a bit of a play with the margins and see what I can come up with for this week's update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Major revision this week. As well as correcting the issue found and incorporating the week 7 updates, I've reduced the margins as suggested, which has allowed me to increase the size and re-arrange the layout of the sheets and tidy up the presentation. I won't list the updates because pretty much everything has been changed at least slightly…

Here they are:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9077657/SW-EotE-Reference-Sheets.pdf

 

Previous version archived here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9077657/SW-EotE/SW-EotE-Reference-Sheets-v9.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great - thanks again!  If we're ever at the same nerd convention, beer is on me (assuming you're old enough to drink, of course).  gran_risa.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. I use them for my game, because we only have one book to go around, so more than happy to share.

I'd take you up on that offer of a beer, but unfortunately living in New Zealand, and having just bought a house, I'm not likely to make it to a major con again for a few years…

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gribble said:

Major revision this week. As well as correcting the issue found and incorporating the week 7 updates, I've reduced the margins as suggested, which has allowed me to increase the size and re-arrange the layout of the sheets and tidy up the presentation. I won't list the updates because pretty much everything has been changed at least slightly…

Here they are:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9077657/SW-EotE-Reference-Sheets.pdf

 

Previous version archived here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9077657/SW-EotE/SW-EotE-Reference-Sheets-v9.pdf

Sweet! Thanks, Gribble!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd actually prefer the font all stay black. I print in all black and white and the red looks faded and tougher to read (and least when I print the FFG updates). Maybe we could get one version of each. Or just underline the changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll see what I can do about underlining/highlighting changes… though that could be difficult in cases where the changes are in tables, etc.

In the meantime, to tide you over for the next 2 weeks, here's the promised combat reference sheet. Has a blank page at the end I can't seem to get rid of, where the starship reference sheet will go (if I get around to that…). Interested in feedback on the format, and any thing that is missing (and needed, and will fit):

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9077657/SW-EotE/SW-EotE-Combat-Reference.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Wow!

Great work!!!!  You have a very organized mind.

BTW, where/how did you get the dice/difficulty icons for your sheet? (In case I want to use them in my own work.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Locksathy said:

 

 Wow!

Great work!!!!  You have a very organized mind.

BTW, where/how did you get the dice/difficulty icons for your sheet? (In case I want to use them in my own work.)

 

 

Thanks!

I created the result icons myself, essentially by copying from the dice sticker sheet - it's easy enough to do with something like paint.NET. I can share them via dropbox, but please PM me for the links - I'd rather not post them publicly for now in case FFG has an objection to it.

For the dice icons and force dice result icons, I just used the various wingding fonts, which have all the right shapes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exalted5 said:

 I can't get to any of the reference sheets… are they still there/up/posted?

I haven't done anything to them, and the link above works for me… anyone else having issues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0