Sign in to follow this  
HappyDaze

Any word on when this is going to be released?

I feel like in time for Christmas would be a good bet. Presumably they have to round up and make all their changes, proofread the new document, and then get it send off to be printed. I don't know exactly how they're printing and shipping cycle works, but I assume it's at least a couple months? If anyone has any actual knowledge feel free to chime off :-P

Short answer: I honestly have no idea :-P

Maelstromgames lists it as end of november, which sounds about right to be honest. We (in the UK) normally have to wait till october for FFG games shown at gencon, and with the extra proofreading and errata to be added in before printing another month of delay sounds about right.

The sooner the better. Can't wait to get my mits on this one.

I should say that I got a notice last November from Amazon that the book was coming out in two weeks. This was amusing as we were still writing it at the time, so you'll forgive me if I don't trust projected release dates on websites - not even book depository! gran_risa.gif

BYE

H.B.M.C. said:

The sooner the better. Can't wait to get my mits on this one.

I should say that I got a notice last November from Amazon that the book was coming out in two weeks. This was amusing as we were still writing it at the time, so you'll forgive me if I don't trust projected release dates on websites - not even book depository! gran_risa.gif

BYE

Amazon use a largely automated system to manage their listed release dates on items. As FFG stock takes months to get from China where its printed to their HQ to then be distributed in the US before finally being shipped over to the UK, Amazon basically cannot handle it and keep changing release dates and making them up based on nothing at all. Their customer service are rubbish at handling with complaints about this and after a group of us got given vouchers for our constant complaining and demands to escalate our complaints we have since stopped using them. 

Esdeviumgames are the exclusive supplier of a number of gaming companies to the UK and oftentimes if you just get in touch with them they can give you a good estimate of delivery times. 

Of course if you are in any other country than the UK then none of that will help. I'd suggest you find out who your FFG supplier is and contact them directly.