Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
El_Tonio

Where are you from? (A chance to make connections in your area.)

121 posts in this topic

tiepilot1138 said:

drkjedi35 said:

I'll definitely keep you in the loop.  Two or three of us are actually thinking about coming by the Game Parlor to run some demos on Saturday afternoon.  Are you available?  Maybe we can get a game or two in.  By the way, are they still charging $2 to sit at a table to play?

We're actually thinking about running our tournaments at Comics and Gaming in Gainesville.  We might be stopping by there to run some demos Saturday morning before we head to Chantilly.  Let me know if you can make it to either place on Saturday.

Roy

I meant to add that they do still charge $2 a day to use the tables, but you get a free play voucher for every $20 you spend in the store.  Let me know what time you all will be by and I'll try to make it.

OK.  I think I still have some vouchers from when they had their store on Woodbridge.  I'll let you know when we decide on a time.

Roy

drkjedi35 said:

tiepilot1138 said:

drkjedi35 said:

I'll definitely keep you in the loop.  Two or three of us are actually thinking about coming by the Game Parlor to run some demos on Saturday afternoon.  Are you available?  Maybe we can get a game or two in.  By the way, are they still charging $2 to sit at a table to play?

We're actually thinking about running our tournaments at Comics and Gaming in Gainesville.  We might be stopping by there to run some demos Saturday morning before we head to Chantilly.  Let me know if you can make it to either place on Saturday.

Roy

I meant to add that they do still charge $2 a day to use the tables, but you get a free play voucher for every $20 you spend in the store.  Let me know what time you all will be by and I'll try to make it.

OK.  I think I still have some vouchers from when they had their store on Woodbridge.  I'll let you know when we decide on a time.

Roy

I have PLENTY if you guys need them.  I think there are a good 15 in my wallet right now…

Westfield, IN.  Northern suburb of Indianapolis.  Thinking very seriously of playing in the championship in Roseville in November.

Just north of Dayton, OH for me. I'll have to try to keep an eye on the forums to see if the Columbus guys get up to anything I might not hear about otherwise.

DavicusPrime said:

Smeg…  Am I the only one on here from Washington State?  I feel so lonely… preocupado.gif

-DavicusPrime

That's okay.  For some reason I'm the only one from within 2 hours of Chicago.  That's a lot of people not posting.

And don't worry, we won't hold your college against you.

Prathin said:

Davenport, FL here

Well, good to know other people in central Florida are looking forward to the game.  If I can get enough people together, I'm thinking about running a regular league.

I have always been a lonely Star Wars game player here in Wayne County, Ohio. I would be willing to meet people in Mansfield area north of Columbus, I guess.

DavicusPrime said:

Smeg…  Am I the only one on here from Washington State?  I feel so lonely… preocupado.gif

-DavicusPrime

Hey, hey! I'm a little south of you in Yelm.  cool.gif 

RockSoldier said:

sweet.   we will have to arrange a game some day.

Sounds good to me, just let me know when what would work for you. Hopefully now that the game is listed as "shipping now" cool stuff will send out my stuff and I'll have it before the weekend….. Once cn only hope.

Tawnos said:

Westfield, IN.  Northern suburb of Indianapolis.  Thinking very seriously of playing in the championship in Roseville in November.

Son of a ….

I used to live in Westfield about 5 years ago.  Nice place.

thatfargone said:

DavicusPrime said:

-DavicusPrime

Hey, hey! I'm a little south of you in Yelm.  cool.gif 

WOW!  I lived in Yelm for 4 years.  I used to run Star Wars CCG Tournaments up in Lakewood.  Small world.

Roy

91Vaapad013 said:

Hey Roy, don't forget your pal here in Harrisonburg, VA. I'll see what interest is here from the James Madison University community.

How could I forget you?  We've only been friends for what, 7 yrs?

Roy

supremespleen said:

I'm in Southwest suburbs of Chicago, but I am a 30 minute drive or 1 hour train ride from Chicago!

I'm in Naperville. 

More interesting is that I went to a brand new game store in my area last night to check it out after hearing good things about it.  When asked about X-Wing the owner's face lit up saying that one of the store's regulars (term used loosely when the store has been open for 2 months) brought in the game after GenCon and ran a few games there.  He said that the store is planning on running regular events.  Even more importantly, they are looking for people to be the judges/leaders for each game.  Possibility there…

Even more interesting, he said the distributor told him that FFG is planning on starting organized play support of some kind.  I really hope that this is true.

Highball said:

supremespleen said:

I'm in Southwest suburbs of Chicago, but I am a 30 minute drive or 1 hour train ride from Chicago!

I'm in Naperville. 

More interesting is that I went to a brand new game store in my area last night to check it out after hearing good things about it.  When asked about X-Wing the owner's face lit up saying that one of the store's regulars (term used loosely when the store has been open for 2 months) brought in the game after GenCon and ran a few games there.  He said that the store is planning on running regular events.  Even more importantly, they are looking for people to be the judges/leaders for each game.  Possibility there…

Even more interesting, he said the distributor told him that FFG is planning on starting organized play support of some kind.  I really hope that this is true.

FFG has announced that there will be OP, but nothing more specific than that yet.

Highball said:

supremespleen said:

I'm in Naperville. 

Dude, what's the game store in your area?

Aside from regular play with my personal friends I'm hoping to maybe get in regular gaming at Dice Dojo or Games Plus. A quick skim of this thread makes it seem like there are a fair number of us Midwestern gamers.