Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
El_Tonio

Where are you from? (A chance to make connections in your area.)

121 posts in this topic

Indianapolis north side here.  I have a few friends that are looking toward playing this game, even maybe . . . maybe running a tournament in the future.  We'll see.

Im on the north side of Indy as well. I do most of my gaming at the Game preserve north. we should play a game sometime. 

Eastern North Carolina.

Looking to run demos in the 2 stores we have in Greenville. Still lookinmg for a group to run the RPG Beta as well.

Columbus area of Ohio.

However, my company occasional sends me to the other offices in New Orleans, LA; Tulsa, OK; and Pittsburgh, PA.  

Seeing all the north side Indy and West Lafayette people make me sad.  I used to live northside of Indy too.

Sigh,

Duncan

tiepilot1138 said:

drkjedi35 said:

tiepilot1138 said:

Good thinking!  I'm in Fairfax, VA.  Not too far from Washington DC.

Darth_Malus said:

Manassas, VA here. And I have friends in Woodbridge and Stafford who are interested in playing also.

@tiepilot1138 - Darth_Malus and I are part of a group (mostly in the Prince William county area) who will be running some tournaments starting in the next month or so.  No sure exactly where yet though, but I'll keep you informed.  We should get together sometime and maybe get a few games in.  Do you know anyone else who might be interested in playing?  We're hoping to build a nice sized group of players.

Roy

I've stirred a little interest so far, but I think most of my friends are waiting for me to buy first to see if they like it.  I usually play at Game Parlor in Chantilly when I can get out, or Victory Comics in Falls Church.  Please keep me in mind!

I'll definitely keep you in the loop.  Two or three of us are actually thinking about coming by the Game Parlor to run some demos on Saturday afternoon.  Are you available?  Maybe we can get a game or two in.  By the way, are they still charging $2 to sit at a table to play?

We're actually thinking about running our tournaments at Comics and Gaming in Gainesville.  We might be stopping by there to run some demos Saturday morning before we head to Chantilly.  Let me know if you can make it to either place on Saturday.

Roy

Aahzmandius_Karrde said:

Va Beach, VA here.  Little far to get up with you guys up north on a regular basis, but please keep me informed.  I might make it every now and then.

I'll definitely let you know.  We're planning on running some demos at some LGS's on Saturday.  Once it is officially released, I'll let you know when we start running tournaments. It would be cool if you could make it up every now and then.

Roy

London, England! I think there must be some interest in this area as Forbidden Planet said they have a lot of preorders, but havent seen anyone on this forum yet…

I may be able to make it Saturday, depending on the time.  It will also depend on whether it really shows up this week, unless you guys have some and I can mooch off you!

I've talked to the management over at Game Parlor and will probably be running their Organized Play there for X-Wing if and when the program starts, assuming there's enough interest.

drkjedi35 said:

I'll definitely keep you in the loop.  Two or three of us are actually thinking about coming by the Game Parlor to run some demos on Saturday afternoon.  Are you available?  Maybe we can get a game or two in.  By the way, are they still charging $2 to sit at a table to play?

Not this Saturday as I'll be in Raleigh playing boardgames for 4 days.  The downside to that is that I'll be there while my pre-order sits at home because it probably won't get here before I leave Thrs morning.

drkjedi35 said:

We're actually thinking about running our tournaments at Comics and Gaming in Gainesville.  We might be stopping by there to run some demos Saturday morning before we head to Chantilly.  Let me know if you can make it to either place on Saturday.

Roy

I meant to add that they do still charge $2 a day to use the tables, but you get a free play voucher for every $20 you spend in the store.  Let me know what time you all will be by and I'll try to make it.

RockSoldier said:

Sterling Heights, Michigan (about an hour north of Detroit) 

I grew up in Sterling Heights!  I'm about and hour away from you, I live in Hartland…… just north of Brighton (M59 & US23).

Nalydd said:

Shrewsbury, a little market town in England with a population a couple of buses more than the Olympic arena in London when at capacity.

Well I am in Telford, Shropshire UK, only a few miles down the A5/M54 from you. :)

Do you go to the Shewsbury club???

tiepilot1138 said:

I may be able to make it Saturday, depending on the time.  It will also depend on whether it really shows up this week, unless you guys have some and I can mooch off you!

I've talked to the management over at Game Parlor and will probably be running their Organized Play there for X-Wing if and when the program starts, assuming there's enough interest.

If it is not in stores this weekend, we will still come.  We have 2 starters from GenCon and we would be happy to share what we have.  I'm not sure what time we will be coming by though.  I'll let you know as soon as I can.  We are in talks with Comics and Gaming in Gainesville about running the Organized Play events there as well.  Would be nice to have 2 stores running events. 

Roy

Aahzmandius_Karrde said:

drkjedi35 said:

Not this Saturday as I'll be in Raleigh playing boardgames for 4 days.  The downside to that is that I'll be there while my pre-order sits at home because it probably won't get here before I leave Thrs morning.

OK.  I'll let you know when we make plans in the future.  Do you know Matt Francella?

Roy