Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
El_Tonio

How Much Stuff Are You Getting?

62 posts in this topic

I have preordered 2 starters and 2 of each expansion.  I plan on playing this with my 6 and 5 year old kids, so I have to assume one of the starters is going to get trashed.  They aren't monsters, but wear and tear from them is much different than the usual gamer.  

Does anyone know how long Fantasy Flight Games will typically print a game for?  If they only do limited runs I may even get another starter set in case my other starter gets destroyed and I'd like to have a starter indecent condition available to me in the future.  

Armour do said:

I have preordered 2 starters and 2 of each expansion.  I plan on playing this with my 6 and 5 year old kids, so I have to assume one of the starters is going to get trashed.  They aren't monsters, but wear and tear from them is much different than the usual gamer.  

Does anyone know how long Fantasy Flight Games will typically print a game for?  If they only do limited runs I may even get another starter set in case my other starter gets destroyed and I'd like to have a starter indecent condition available to me in the future.  

This is a great question, and something I never considered before.  Anyone got an answer?

Armour do said:

I finally saw the ships in a sealed starter today.  First, the are smaller than I thought from the pics. Second, your X-Wings are going to get destroyed by your kids. The laser cannons are thin and look super fragile. 

I think (though I could be wrong) that they do one run, and it sells until it's gone.  If it sells well, they do a reprint.

Um…wow. Slightly jealous. But then, I'm the one who chose to spend my money on LEGO products this summer, so nobody to blame but me.happy.gif

I have 1 core set, 1 X-wing expansion and 1 TIE Advanced expansion on order. Starting small. Hoping to be able to combine my forces with whomever I pair up with to play, but this will be enough to introduce people to the game (and gaming) without overwhelming them, I think.

Pre ordered 1 core, 1 X-Wing, and 1 TIE Advanced.  Once it comes out, I will get a Y-Wing, but I have to pace myself

I pre-ordered one of everything but after looking at the point charts for squad building I found out that dark side can't get an even 100 points unless they have at least 2 tie advanced + 2 Tie fighters or 4 tie fighters + 1 advanced. You can get close to 100 points by getting 1 of everything but it doesn't allow for much customization. You basically have to use the best pilots with as many upgrades as possible but still that only gets you to 97. So I will probably be getting another Tie fighter. More options IMHO.

Since I was on vacation at CVI I splurged. 

1 Starter set

1 X-wing

1 TIE Fighter

2 TIE Advanced

2  Y-wing.

I asked about the extra dice but they weren't available, so I downloaded the app. I know a lot of folks think it is overpriced, but it's actually one of the most polished apps I've seen and (to me) is easier to use when you need more dice than are included.

Having said that, I think it was a raw deal to include less dice than you'll need to roll.

May end up getting another starter set IF I get enough play. Some of my friends are interested but I don't see them making the investment.

2BitGeek said:

Some of my friends are interested but I don't see them making the investment.

I'm in the same boat here.  Lots of interest from friends, but they'll wait and leech off me.

Initially I pre-ordered one of everything, including the dice. When I heard about the delay, I removed the dice, but took the opportunity to add an additional starter, Y-Wing pack and Tie advanced pack… what can I say, the game looks awesome.

:)

Ordered the starter set and 1 of each blister, then ordered a second TIE Advanced.  Will be ordering a second starter set once it's released.  After that it depends on what's released.

Not enough…

;)

I preordered 2 starters, 1 X-wing, 1 TIE, 2 TIE Advanced, and 2 Y-wings.  I really wish I had gotten 3 Y-wings.

Thanks,

Duncan

R2D2 said:

may have gone overboard….

2 x core set

2x x-wing

1x Tie fighter

2x y- wing

2x Tie/advanced

Nah, it sounds on par with what most other folks are doing!

tiepilot1138 said:

R2D2 said:

2 x core set

2x x-wing

1x Tie fighter

2x y- wing

2x Tie/advanced

ah good! not many of my friends are buying it/ buying much, so I have to basically fund two complete teams!

R2D2 said:

ah good! not many of my friends are buying it/ buying much, so I have to basically fund two complete teams!

For the most part, unless you're lucky enough to have a strong group of locals willing to jump into this game with you, getting enough stuff to put both an Imp and Reb 100 pointer is the minimum.  I will primarily be playing this with my kids so, 2 starters and 1 of each of the expansions is my opening order.  I fully intend on getting another Y and TIE Advanced before long and maybe a third starter if they get into it.

The cost to get into this game isn't as bad as most miniature wargames, so jumping in with both sides isn't as painful as it could be.

-DavicusPrime

2BitGeek said:

Since I was on vacation at CVI I splurged. 

1 Starter set

1 X-wing

1 TIE Fighter

2 TIE Advanced

2  Y-wing.

Hey, that's what I ordered!

• 3 starter sets
  • 2 X-Wings
  • 2 TIE Fighters
  • 3 Y-Wings
  • 4 TIE Advanced

I'm considering a fourth Y-Wing … theoretically, I'd have enough ships to fill 100 points with the cheapest pilot of all the others, I'd need two more Y-Wings for that, but it doesn't really make sense with them.

I have 1 starter and 1 X-wing I got from celebrations.  My preorder consists of 2 Advanced, 2 Y-wings, 1 X-wing, and 3 Ties.  I am thinking about getting a second starter the extra templates will be good to have. 

R2D2 said:

tiepilot1138 said:

R2D2 said:

2 x core set

2x x-wing

1x Tie fighter

2x y- wing

2x Tie/advanced

FFG are doing well from all these rumours of imminent release… I just added another x-wing and another tie fighter to my order…

So it just dawned on me that with the exception of the TIE Advanced (I'll only have 2) I'll have enough miniatures to every individual pilot at the same time.  6 X-Wing pilots, 9 TIE fighter pilots, 4 Y-Wing pilots, and 4 TIE Advanced pilots.  It's probably a good thing that CSI is out of stock or I might have to up my pre-order.

I picked up 2 Starters, 1 X-Wing, 1 TIE, 2 Y-Wing and 2 TIE Advanced x1. If we get a good play group, I'll probably grab another starter and Y-Wing.