Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jskinny

Transporting Models

113 posts in this topic

Thanks to the recent sale at Amazon on expansions, I am about to have 21 models to store. The container I had original picked up when I only had 7 models to start may not be up for the task. Any recommendations are appreciated. I may just move some of the tokens into a carrying pouch instead of the container.

skyrmio:

In the reply text box, there is a tool bar at the top.  At the far right is a little picture frame with a house and sky on it.  Click that and you should be able to hotlink to an uploaded photo somwhere.

For eldiablito:

I use a Stanley 14266 Tool organizer XL. I used to use them for the WotC Star Wars Miniatures game, but I made a big box to sell to coolstuffinc, so I made some room. These were about $23 at Home Depot, although they may be more now. Here is my "fleet":

8251450344_fa289c97fa_z.jpg

8250381027_21e24fc0a9_z.jpg8251450596_b220a67e0d_z.jpg

cards are in deck boxes. the 2 on the bottom are ship and upgrade cards. the orange deck boxes are individual damage decks.

8250378799_b2e7918a9f_z.jpg

I used one of thosedouble sided Stanley boxes for MechWarrior for years, but it cracked wide open one day.  Still not sure why.  I didn't have it crammed shut or a anything.  I have thought about replacing it, though, because the slider trays would be great for a small token bin.

Hey hothie, do you have some little deck boxes for the small size cards or are you just using large ones?

I would love to have a way to better organize my upgrade cards. I have them separated by type into different little ziplocs that the game came with, but they are kind of annoying. I would like to make a little box where I can keep them all with little index cards separating them into type (astromech, missile, talents, etc.)

magadizer said:

Hey hothie, do you have some little deck boxes for the small size cards or are you just using large ones?

I would love to have a way to better organize my upgrade cards. I have them separated by type into different little ziplocs that the game came with, but they are kind of annoying. I would like to make a little box where I can keep them all with little index cards separating them into type (astromech, missile, talents, etc.)

The best thing I've found for those are the slider boxes.  You just put thm in sideways.  The slider boxes are the clear ones that have the seperate lid that slips down over the top of the base.  

Are those slider boxes big enough to hold the small cards with a littel extra room? The only clear plastic boxes I have found are either too small or too big to work the way you describe. Do you have a brand in mind for those slider boxes?

I'm also thinking of having my son make me a paper box, since he is an origami whiz.

magadizer said:

Are those slider boxes big enough to hold the small cards with a littel extra room? The only clear plastic boxes I have found are either too small or too big to work the way you describe. Do you have a brand in mind for those slider boxes?

I'm also thinking of having my son make me a paper box, since he is an origami whiz.

I have my mini-cards in sleeves, so they take up about half the case, I just put a piece of bent cardboard in there to keep them from sliding around until I fill it up, which will probably happen with Wave 2.  They fit perfectly on their sides.  Since the lid slides down, it doesn't 'cramp' like the hinged type do.

http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=1369

Ok thanks, I guess I have seen that box before. I don't know why I rejected getting it. Maybe because the cards are on their side that way. I will reconsider it - it's good to know they fit that way.