Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jskinny

Transporting Models

113 posts in this topic

Aahzmandius_Karrde said:

So since the closure of the plano box is too tight to slip the rules in (overall a good thing) I decided to do something about it.

pic1412892_md.jpg

I was at FedEx today and picked up some airbill pouches.  The rule book fits in them perfectly and it sticks well to the outside of the container.

Ingenious, the use of the airbill pouches.

Aahzmandius_Karrde said:

So since the closure of the plano box is too tight to slip the rules in (overall a good thing) I decided to do something about it.

pic1412892_md.jpg

I was at FedEx today and picked up some airbill pouches.  The rule book fits in them perfectly and it sticks well to the outside of the container.

I like it!  But as I said, I have the same box and the rules fit inside.  I just lay it across the inside surface and close the box.  The fit is tight, but the case still closes.

Highball said:

I like it!  But as I said, I have the same box and the rules fit inside.  I just lay it across the inside surface and close the box.  The fit is tight, but the case still closes.

I can get it in mine and it does close but I'm sure it's putting stress on the hinge and I'd rather not leave it constantly stressed.  I'll also end up with 3 copies of the rules and want at least 2 of them to have available during play.  Two of them in the box would definiately be a stress.

R5Don4 said:

Aahzmandius_Karrde said:

Delete dupe.  I really hate this forum software.

Word.

What I hate most about it is that the actual content I'm looking for is after scrolling through a complete browser page of exclusively whitespace…

R5Don4 said:

RockSoldier said:

I want to get enough ships to fill this monster   lol

One day my friend, if FFG builds this game right we'll all laugh at how inadequate that case will be.

wouldn't it be amazing to one day play a game with like 1,000 points available to each side, on a surface of like 25'x25'   lol

SteveSpikes said:

Nice pic.  That's a nice storage option there.  Though, I would like to see FFG put some larger storage options (big enough for the larger sculpts), with "Wave 2" coming this Holiday Season, 'n all.  Until then, I might consider getting something along those lines.

I'm still waiting for them to come out in my area :/

btw - it's disturbing every time I see your avatar (I went to HS with Eddie Trucco) lol.

drkjedi35 said:

Picked up a Plano 5231 at K-Mart today for $6.50.  And its is perfect!

Roy

Which one?  The one in Chantilly?

tiepilot1138 said:

drkjedi35 said:

Roy

Yes, right after we left you, we drove over to K-mart and found two.  Sadly, we bought the only two they had.  Hopefully they will get some more.  I can see wanting to have another at some point.  If you want me to, I'll check the K-mart near my house and pick one up for you if they have it.

Roy

drkjedi35 said:

tiepilot1138 said:

drkjedi35 said:

Roy

Yes, right after we left you, we drove over to K-mart and found two.  Sadly, we bought the only two they had.  Hopefully they will get some more.  I can see wanting to have another at some point.  If you want me to, I'll check the K-mart near my house and pick one up for you if they have it.

Roy

There's one near my office in Chantilly I'll check tomorrow.  If they don't have it I may have you check.  Thanks for offering!

I picked up two of the above mentioned Plano boxes today from a local K-Mart.

Only have need for one right now, but I figure I'll use one for Rebels and one for Imperials later on. It also looks like the Falcon and the Slave 1 should fit the two larger slots on the side.

Thanks! Good call!

You might also look at the Stack-On DCOG-10 

It seems to be about 4 inches deep (not completely sure how tall a mini is on it's stand) which should fit anything and you can remove parts of it to store more like the 1300 or Firespray. 

drkjedi35 said:

No problem.

Roy

I grabbed the last one at the Kmart in Herndon today.  Thanks for asking though!  (My online stuff is supposed to get here Wednesday)

I just picked up the Husky deep pro organizer from Home Depot. Granted, this is for my Dungeon Command stuff, but I may abandon the metal tool box for this when it comes to X-wing storage.

It looks pretty slick, has different sized, modular cups for storage. It appears this box will safely store all one's ships, and have room for future ships.

Here's the link. Copy and paste.

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/husky-deep-pro-organizer-17191710.html#.UFd9uI1lRcQ

tiepilot1138 said:

drkjedi35 said:

No problem.

Roy

I grabbed the last one at the Kmart in Herndon today.  Thanks for asking though!  (My online stuff is supposed to get here Wednesday)

That's great! I think this is the perfect case for X-wing.

Roy

I used two of these part boxes there cheep and you can get them from walmart. I also used the plastic molded stuff for the pakages to keep my models secure as well. Trasport the way i like it, cheep, and effective. 

2012-09-16_01-25-00_902.jpg 

drkjedi35 said:

Roy

What section is everyone finding these in? I went my local K-Mart, online said they had them in stock, but couldn't find one. And the workers there are worthless.