Sign in to follow this  
myfortune1423

whats it like?

glad you asked. please come on in. the cards are beautiful. the game is flavorful. it is too tactical for me at times. it is highly colectible. how many magic cards are there? 84 thousand? we've got a neat, tight, but challenging 1,400 - promos, sets, rares, chase uncommons, critical commons, and the artwork - zam! do you like one pulpy thing in life? do you like anything mythos? the 1920s? weird horror? fantasy? sci fi? old horror fiction, from shelley on up? then you're home. welcome.

I have finally started to play yesterday, but i have been buying since some weeks. And yes to everything johnny shoes said. Most of the cards are really beautiful, and it is VERY strategic. there are times, i had to think minutes, what the best move would be.

And let's not forget, that CoC has a small, but really nice fan-base. Most of the people will help you out if they can.

The only problem with this game right now is, that i don't want to miss out on the old stuff, but that is out of production. Therefore i have to limit myself, not to buy old boosters etc., because then it will get expensive. IF you can restrict yourself, then stick to the LCG-Edition and don't buy the old editions. since i started playing, I can't stop buying...

Carioz said:

A train wreck.

During a hurricane.

With land-sharks with laser beam eyes feasting on the corpses.

In slow motion.

I'm really wondering why you're even hanging around here anymore Carioz... Everything you write is plain venom and is really hard to take as anything but a joke.  We get it, your upset.  Your allowed to have opinions like anyone else on these boards, but your posts have the vibe of some bitter college student hanging around his former high school picking on the incoming Freshmen.

I was peeved when they switched to APs and sold everything I had for $20.  Well lookie here, I'm back and obviously ate about 56 pounds of crow (obviously).  It takes time to get used to changes, in the mean time why burn bridges?

I have a train wreck fetish.

On the joke side: I thought the laser beam eyed shark made it clear it was a joke, but I should have gone a little more over the top.