Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BangBangTequila

So just a little wierdness…

5 posts in this topic

The Godwyn pattern Bolter has a magazine of 28. All well and good. On page 28, Sergeant Kell of the Dark Angels shows how silly he can be by stating:

“This is the holy bolter. It is a Godwyn-pattern model with an ammo
counter, sinister/dexter locking mechanism, and a sickle magazine
containing 30 rounds. Each round is a .75 calibre bolt with a
diamantine tip, depleted deuterium core and mass-reactive detonator.
It fires in four-round bursts.”

Huh.

I've noticed that. But there's weirdness in that statement as well. A 30 round magazine yet 4 round bursts? You'd only get 7 full bursts, and then 2 shots would be left. But with 28 rounds, it's even. However, they made a similar issue with the Errata stats of the Bolter. It goes to a 3 round burst… but keeps the 28. That'd be 9 burst shots, and then 1 round left over. The math bothers me, just a bit. 

Aceofcase said:

I've noticed that. But there's weirdness in that statement as well. A 30 round magazine yet 4 round bursts? You'd only get 7 full bursts, and then 2 shots would be left. But with 28 rounds, it's even. However, they made a similar issue with the Errata stats of the Bolter. It goes to a 3 round burst… but keeps the 28. That'd be 9 burst shots, and then 1 round left over. The math bothers me, just a bit. 

Save the last bolt shell for yourself!

-K

kjakan said:

Aceofcase said:

Save the last bolt shell for yourself!

Or for whoever just asked you to explain how 'depleted deuterium' is any different from plain old hydrogen