Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HappyDaze

Hand of Fate - the boat has arrived!

91 posts in this topic

I saw that Hand of Fate is currently in stock for Alliance distributors, so it should be to stores in the western USA within the week. This makes me happy. That is all.

PnPgamer said:

What did this supplement contain?

I don't have it yet - my FLGS will have it late this week/early next week. For the contents, just look at the product page. It's all about Tzeentch and things leaning that way.

What sort of exciting stuff can I expect to see for my Space Marine Sorcerer who is dedicated to Tzeentch?

New Gift of the Gods? New Psyker disciplines? Daemon Weapons? Whats up?

Found a place in Oz that said it was in stock. Ordered it express post, so hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow. Yes FFG will send me a contributor's copy anyway, but I'm impatient and want the book right away! gui%C3%B1o.gif

This was my first normal book assignment after the big Only War project. Great team of people writing this one. Had a blast working with them. You guys should enjoy it, and there's plenty of fun to be had with the stuff in the armoury!!! gran_risa.gif

BYE

Seeten said:

What sort of exciting stuff can I expect to see for my Space Marine Sorcerer who is dedicated to Tzeentch?

New Gift of the Gods? New Psyker disciplines? Daemon Weapons? Whats up?

No new gifts. Biomancy, Pyromancy, and specific aligned powers. 2 Tzeentch specific Daemon weapons, with availibility listed :-(. The 4 career's are advanced career's and start at a higher exp level, so they're on par with character who have earned exp and can easily be included in current games. They are, Thousand Sons Sorcerer, Alpha Legion CSM, Q'Sal Magister and Idolitrex Magos. The last one is a tech-priest with they psyker trait.

There's lots and lots of stuff on Tzeentch of course. A very nice book all around, and hopefully it'll be representative of the books for the other chaos gods.

Larkin said:

Alpha Legion CSM, Q'Sal Magister and Idolitrex Magos. The last one is a tech-priest with they psyker trait.

Gasping for air. Oh my goodness.

Those sound like works of art. Can I weasel any details out of you?

Larkin said:

No new gifts. Biomancy, Pyromancy, and specific aligned powers. 2 Tzeentch specific Daemon weapons, with availibility listed :-(. The 4 career's are advanced career's and start at a higher exp level, so they're on par with character who have earned exp and can easily be included in current games. They are, Thousand Sons Sorcerer, Alpha Legion CSM, Q'Sal Magister and Idolitrex Magos. The last one is a tech-priest with they psyker trait.

Can you post a quick list of what's in the armoury (I know the Hollow Blades are there, but what else?).

BYE

Q'Sal Crystal Caster

Q'Sal Soul Cannon

Bedlam Staff (D)

Castir Lightning Khopesh

Polix Heavy Khopesh

Pandemonum Stave (D)

Warp Staff

All of the staves are Tzeentch flavored to the fullest. There's also Special ammo, a new suit of armour, 2 new force fields, one of which works off of PR which is really, really nice thematically. There's a bunch of neat Tzeentch items as well.

All of the Advanced Characters start up on EXP. The two CSMs are at +3600xp and the two Humans are +4600xp according to the side bar.

You've already seen the preview of the 1k Sons Sorc, so the Alpha Legionnaire is VERY able to infiltrate and past himself off. He begins unaligned.

The Q'Sal Magister is a power players on Q'Sal, which has a good bit of background and an adventure in the book. He's able to pass between the various forges and factions in service to his own goal. Powerful psyker, starts at PR4 and Psychic Phenom rolls do not affect him, unless it's Perils. He can also chose who gets affected by a Phenom by spending an Infamy Point.

The Idolitrex Magos is very interesting. It's what I would chose to play. It's a Magos with Sorcery, they start at PR1 and have learned it through experimentation, but as such they're limited to their Corruption Bonus for PR instead of CB+WB.

There is a whole new slew of Psychic powers. Biomancy is awesome, pyromancy is less so, but is still very cool. There are more rituals and more aligned and exaulted powers as well, but none really stood out on my read through.

I haven't read the adventure, but it's based on Q'Sal and has an investigation portion, so it fits in with the book really well.

Anything else?

I'm glad you like the Shimmering Robes. gui%C3%B1o.gif

What about the minions? What's the artwork for the Crown of Prospero look like (assuming it's there)?

BYE

Can the infiltration tricks of the Alpha Legion CSM be taken by other characters (like a Sorcerer, if one wants to make an AL Sorcerer) or are they hardwired into the archetype's special ability? Can you spare any more info on the ALCSM?

They're sort of a part of the AL-CSM ability, bit like a champion gets Inspiring presence. But I like it because at least one Marine chapter in 40K isn't just 'derp, kill stuff' with a hobby in some other skills.

There's also a fairly big write up on the Screaming Vortex, which is handy as our games barely had anything to do with it due to lack of detail and instead went rampaging else where in more detailed settings. The usual, bitey Tzeentch daemons you'd expect and some good world details… however, then it gets to the Necron section. Ctulu-powered terminators, will f**k you up. :o

In FFG tradition, it also has no appendix, rest of it you'll find some use for. The Psy-powers are sort of transposed from DH ones, but with less of the **** the originals had and much easier to live with, (my little Heretek of Tzeentch will be picking up quite a few!) Plenty of other rituals and DM stuff there too.

My CSM Sorc lucked out last night and rolled up a Mark of Tzeentch. I can't wait to get this book in my hot little hands.

Minions are good and varied. The crown looks good if a bit on the humble side of it all. The rules are interesting for them as well.

The prestige archetypes are just that, prestigious. I was referring to them as Advanced Classes in my post, since they really are just +some exp and an extra cool ability. They are neat, but they up the starting powerlevel halfway to deathwatch levels.

The ALCSM is pretty much like MKX said. It's a special ability, but it's really useful. And there is nothing stopping you from getting a Mark of T and going into Sorcery. I would say more, but that would be putting actual rules down on the forum. They've got all the right skills and all the right bonuses to be sneaky and scheming and to pull it off wherever they are. Oh, and they are CSM so they're quite potent in a firefight.

i really like what ive seen in this book. the alpha legion csm is a welcome archetype in my group and is very nicely done imo. sorry for not capitalising its my smartphone…

There's something I don't quite understand. Reading the TSS preview, I couldn't find anything about needing previous XP to pick it up, so I'm already playing with it since the beginning of the game I'm in, exchanging the stuff I had with the normal Sorcerer for the specialty. Reading what you've wrote here, I'd need some quite XP to enter the specialty. Is that so? And the lot of repeating stuff, you just retake the same ones without getting any better?

Another point: If it is the case, it's quite un-canon-y for TSS. ALL of them became what the preview is showing a long time ago. There's no point leveling as a normal Sorcerer and, after some time, *PUFF* you're now a Sorcerer of the most prestigious psyker-ly Legion of all! Am I confused or it's exactly like that?

Volkomor said:

There's something I don't quite understand. Reading the TSS preview, I couldn't find anything about needing previous XP to pick it up, so I'm already playing with it since the beginning of the game I'm in, exchanging the stuff I had with the normal Sorcerer for the specialty. Reading what you've wrote here, I'd need some quite XP to enter the specialty. Is that so? And the lot of repeating stuff, you just retake the same ones without getting any better?

Another point: If it is the case, it's quite un-canon-y for TSS. ALL of them became what the preview is showing a long time ago. There's no point leveling as a normal Sorcerer and, after some time, *PUFF* you're now a Sorcerer of the most prestigious psyker-ly Legion of all! Am I confused or it's exactly like that?

I believe the way it works is "if the party is at the xp level, then a starting TSS is appropriate."

Basically, it's more powerful than the other starting archetypes. The rest of the party needs extra xp to be equal, so you either start playing one later in the campaign, or give everyone else extra starting experience.

As a GM, I might allow a starting XP Debt, also, that you'd pay off in game by not getting XP until you have the amount TSS costs. (Assuming the other players didnt object)