Sign in to follow this  
Last_Crusader2

Rules questions

.. didn't see these in the FAQ .. but two things that came up:

1 - If Baltar (for example who has an extra loyalty card) wants to use the Resurrection ship to give loyalty cards to another player .. does he have to give BOTH to the same player? Our player wanted to give them to two different players to sow dissent among the humans. If you read the wording .. it implies you have to give them to a single player, but giving them to two different players seems more fun and strategic.

2 - When the president title transfers to another player does the new president get all the quorum cards that were in the former president's hand or are they discarded and the new president has to take actions to draw new ones?  We had an unrevealed cylon president and he was drawing quorum cards in hopes of  "burying" the good ones. He felt it was a bit unfair that the new president got the hand of "good" cards he built up over the game when he lost the title.

As far as I'm aware....

1) Yes, the revealed Cylon using the Ressurection ship must give all of his loaylty cards to ONE player. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this to be the case.

2) Page 12 of the rulebook does not implicitly state it, but I believe the quorum cards are given to the new President. It states "... the President is in charge of the current hand of Quorum cards." Between that and other posts I've read, I believe the correct interpretation is to transfer the hand of Quorum cards to the new President along with the title.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Hope this helps.

Oh .. another question too.

If the Admiral gets thrown in the brig he loses the title.

What happens when he gets out? We assumed he just lost the title for good?

That rule may be in there, just don't recall reading it.

VerdatPagan said:

As far as I'm aware....

1) Yes, the revealed Cylon using the Ressurection ship must give all of his loaylty cards to ONE player. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this to be the case.

2) Page 12 of the rulebook does not implicitly state it, but I believe the quorum cards are given to the new President. It states "... the President is in charge of the current hand of Quorum cards." Between that and other posts I've read, I believe the correct interpretation is to transfer the hand of Quorum cards to the new President along with the title.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Hope this helps.

For 1) I read it as the Cylon player gave one of his loyalty cards to another player. Thus Baltar (or Boomer) could give loyalty cards to two separate players, but would have to activate the Resurrection ship location twice to do so.

2) I agree with this.

Sam Gamgee said:

For 1) I read it as the Cylon player gave one of his loyalty cards to another player. Thus Baltar (or Boomer) could give loyalty cards to two separate players, but would have to activate the Resurrection ship location twice to do so.

No, you must give all of your unrevealed loyalty cards to 1 player, when you use the resurrection ship action. VerdatPagan had both answers right.

VerdatPagan said:

I feel the player can give only one to a player, and in another turn, using the same location, give the second to another.

Other players agree with efidm... but does my interpretation (only one card each turn) "unbalance" the game? or can it be played in that way?

This is because i dont see an official (FAQ or rules) answer to this, and a cylon player can have s much fun with this....

Havok said:

VerdatPagan said:

I feel the player can give only one to a player, and in another turn, using the same location, give the second to another.

Other players agree with efidm... but does my interpretation (only one card each turn) "unbalance" the game? or can it be played in that way?

This is because i dont see an official (FAQ or rules) answer to this, and a cylon player can have s much fun with this....

I belive Corey answered the question about giving away unrevealed loyalty cards in a thread here some where. Unfortionaly I can not find it now. Any way, as I recaled it he did say you must give ALL your unrevealed cards to ONE player.

Havok said:

In a sense, you've answered your own question.  If Baltar is allowed to cast doubts upon two characters, might that not be unbalancing?  The fact that he has an extra Loyalty card is because of his drawback.  Is it right that he can use his drawback as a strength later on?  I wouldn't say you were unbalancing the game, but rather that you were unbalancing two of the characters... if they become Cylons.

Corey has answered it, and it is answered in the FAQ:

Q: Can a revealed Cylon player use the actions from his unrevealed Loyalty cards (for example if he has a second “You are a Cylon” card)?
A: No. He may however give his unrevealed cards to another player by using the “Resurrection Ship” location.

Notice the answer specifies cards to another player (all cards to one player).