Sign in to follow this  
JerusalemJones

Arkham Nights Here We Come (again)

Looking forward to attending this event now for the third time. I'm also glad of the dates that were chosen, as with my job I get a 3-day weekend every six weeks (I'm a mailman, so our day off switches every week) and it happens to fall on this weekend. Now if I can get someone to cover our store, my wife and I could actually make it to something other than the Sunday events.

Here's hoping that this year's AO is either Shub or a new AO. Or both.

I wonder if there is going to be anything "extra" this year announced in the coming days? I am actually pretty surprised Elder Signs has not had an expansion. The game seems pretty ripe for it as it would be easy to add different die representing corrupting influence, large spells ect and cards representing different challenges.

bioball said:

I wonder if there is going to be anything "extra" this year announced in the coming days? I am actually pretty surprised Elder Signs has not had an expansion. The game seems pretty ripe for it as it would be easy to add different die representing corrupting influence, large spells ect and cards representing different challenges.

That's an interesting point. Something for ES coming is really welcomed. IIRC, some time ago there were rumors of Launius designing two expansions for the game. Maybe it's the right time to announce them? And hopefully, they will add some difficulty to the game…

My wife and I will be driving in from Michigan again.  We love these events!  I'm hoping for a chance to play the Call of Cthulhu RPG again with one of the FFG employees.  That was a great time in 2010.

Julia said:

My bet is Ithaqua. But still. Any new / revised AO for Arkham is absolutely very welcome :-)

Ithaqua actually makes more sense, and we really could use a stronger version after all the expansions. I'm just a sucker for Shub, and like games taht make it really, really hard for the investigators.

JerusalemJones said:

Julia said:

My bet is Ithaqua. But still. Any new / revised AO for Arkham is absolutely very welcome :-)

Ithaqua actually makes more sense, and we really could use a stronger version after all the expansions. I'm just a sucker for Shub, and like games taht make it really, really hard for the investigators.

::laughter:: I like Shub as well :-) But I think Shub and Yog will be the last to be revised from the original 12 AOs (they are really strong when compared to some others). It could also be good to have a revised version of Nyarly or Yig

My wife and I drove up from Indiana the past two years, but sadly won't be able to make it this year.  She actually won the big contest drawings from both years, so now someone else will get a chance!  gran_risa.gif