Sign in to follow this  
Lightbringer

An FFG Imperial Tarot? Please?

• FFG make card games.
  • FFG has incredibly high art standards
  • FFG have the Licence to make 40k RPGs
  • The 40k setting includes the "Emperor's Tarot" a precognitive device for predicting the future

Wouldn't it be nice for FFG to produce a full, beautifully made, high spec, limited edition Imperial Tarot? It could either be a traditional tarot, and used as an RPG setting tool, or expandable into a precognitive game that can be traded and played in its own right.

…just saying…

OH MY GAWD YES! 

That's it, really… I would LOVE to see this. I mean, how cool would that be for character creation? You think anyone's adapted a "real" one? I think it would be a fun session to do a reading with the players… In fact, if it hasn't already been done, why don't we homebrew one? That gets me all excited and stuffs. Not to be a mouth-breather or anything, but I love it! 

It has come up in other places. I checked. There are a number of projects already started. I am insanely serious about doing this right now. Not sure how long the mood will last, but if we can collectively come up with a set of all 78 cards, including the Major Arcana and the 4 suits, I would absolutely love to start making artwork for them on my own and if you guys like, post it here. The obvious first hurdle is combing the net for what's already been done to compile the 78 cards. There are a few fledgling lists. If FFG would get on this, I would just use theirs. Their artists rock and I'm sure they'd do it justice. 

But look, lots of artists out there would jump all over this project if we could get a good list of cards started. Which is perfect, since there would be thousands of sets of art in a 40K environment, just like there are with the tarot we've seen. 

I concur that this needs doing. The Imperial Tarot is something referenced in all manner of 40k literature and each of the 40k RP lines to date. It could also function as a legitimate tarot deck if made properly, which would further its sales. 
+1 from me, get on it FFG!

Ive wanted one for donkeys years, ever since I saw  some JB artwork of it in WD and a 40k rulebook. I honestly thought Black Industries would do one and im really surprised one has never been made. Id also like to see 'Regicide' as a game

Actualy there are some Tarot Cards in the Core Rulebook of the 5th Edition to display the different authoritys of the Imperium. I made some Copys of them and when my Psyker uses his Tarot I show him the Cards and it is up to him to find out what they try to say.^^

Additional I found some quite archaic sci-fi tarot cards some time ago I use too, to create som context.

Yea, and they could so branch off and add to this!!  A Tarot Card Deck for the mass regular Imperium, then a Tarot Card Deck for the Calaxis Sector, another from the Koronus Sector, one secretive Tarot Card deck for the Inquisition, etc etc.  Possibly even certain cards being replaced with ones on certain planets/religious credes/sectors like above (because each planet/sector has a slightly different religious sect, I imagine that it would be common practice for a couple or 4 cards to be replaced with that planets/sector's significant theme or religious sect).

Like say the Imperial Tarot deck has a few cards that are unnamed knights/warriors, while if you get a deck modified by the Calxis Sector (or Saint Drusus), these common unnamed cards are now named after Generals or significant people who fought beside Saint Drusus.  gran_risa.gif