Sign in to follow this  
Antizombie

paintin' stuff

skolo said:

and I have started painting for gold :)

if anyone wants to have nice minis painted, let me know

still 3 heros from D2 to finish + other projects from Mantic and GW (got my hands on Space Hulk)

Since I can't for the life of me figure out how to do a private message, I'll just post here…

What sort of price range are you looking to charge?

I have a lot of figures (Doom, D1e, D2e, plus all the expansions for each) and don't really need the bestest quality paint job, just something better than plain red / tan / grey, etc…

The figures are pretty much loose in the boxes, so, again, display quality is way overkill…

Thanks!

Click on the envelope next to My Messages in the header …

Click on Write a new message under My Mailbox in the left pane …

Pretty clunky.  There might be an easier way, but I don't know it.

guys, its really individual. please PM me with all details of the job and for sure I will answer.

it can vary from 5eur to 50. it really depends on the paint quality, type of game, type of figure. it is not possible to quote.

Triu said:

Click on the envelope next to My Messages in the header …

Click on Write a new message under My Mailbox in the left pane …

Pretty clunky.  There might be an easier way, but I don't know it.

Thanks!

I've just started painting my minis, starting with runebound lineup. I'm done with 9 of 12. Next I'll move to DungeonQuest lineup and then probably D2E guys. Then I'll go with minis from expansions. I have only Nara from promos, but even so it will take ages to complete them all. My girlfriend helps me sometimes with some figures, so it goes a bit quicker.

My dropbox folder  javascript:void(0);/*1352971216305*/ has all the minis we've done. Those are first minis we've ever painted, so all suggestions how to improve are welcome.

Areinu said:

I've just started painting my minis, starting with runebound lineup. I'm done with 9 of 12. Next I'll move to DungeonQuest lineup and then probably D2E guys. Then I'll go with minis from expansions. I have only Nara from promos, but even so it will take ages to complete them all. My girlfriend helps me sometimes with some figures, so it goes a bit quicker.

My dropbox folder  javascript:void(0);/*1352971216305*/ has all the minis we've done. Those are first minis we've ever painted, so all suggestions how to improve are welcome.

Nice and proper work. Mostly Impressive. Now, all you just have to do is to add the two elementary technics to the miniatures :

1. drybrush it to enlight the sculpting and add texture to chainmal, furry, hair…
  2. wash it with ink (sorry for my english) to deepen the holes and enhance your work.

willmanx said:

Do you enlight the edges with a white drybrush ? or a mix white-color ?

Depends on the color really, some colors I'll lighten a bit with white, others I'll use a mix of dark and lighter versions. For instance: Leather, I might start with a medium brown w/ a hint of black as a wash. Then I'll follow up with a semi-dry brush of brown and a bit of tan. Then finish up with a dry brush of tan to get the desired effect.

Leoric's cloak, I used a mix of yellow/blue and then white to lighten the areas I needed to highlight. It was really all preference at the time of painting.