Sign in to follow this  
Meeks23

Dany's Chambers and Paper Shield vs Forever Burning

Hello all,

I have two questions about two cards, Dany's Chambers and Paper Shield.

1. Dany's Chambers

Is Dany's Chambers able to respond after jumper Khal Drogo comes into play when winning a challenge? Horseback Archers? What about characters with played buy using Ambush during another non-Marshalling phase?

2. Paper Shield vs Forever Burning

I just read an article in CardgameDB that when Paper Shield is used against Forever Burning, Forever Burning goes into the discard pile instead of dead pile. Paper Shield only cancels the effect of an event and Deathbound isn't part of the event effect is it? I always thought that the effect is only the -1 STR.

Help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Lady Daenerys' Chambers can respond only when you play a character (pay for it during your active part in Marshalling), not when you put it into play (like CS Khal Drogo). See the FAQ for more detail about the play/put into play distinction.

As written in the FAQ, Deathbound events go to the dead pile only if they are successfully resolved, so going to the dead pile can be considered part of the effect.

Khudzlin said:

As written in the FAQ, Deathbound events go to the dead pile only if they are successfully resolved, so going to the dead pile can be considered part of the effect.

I think that is actually in the Core Set rules, not the FAQ.