Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Face Eater

AVENGER ASSEMBLE

5 posts in this topic

I'm talking about :

m2450467a_image-7xl.jpg

I was expecting a Guard flyer (well, technically a Navy flyer). I was also hoping it kicked a$$, so that was nice to see.

Avenger Bolt Cannon, Twin Linked Las Cannon and rear mounted heavy stubber… the perfect combination of the A-10 Tank Killer and the Stuka…

So…after hearing the stats for the Avenger Bolt Cannon (Str 6, Pen 3, Heavy 7) I tried making one using Battle Fleet Koronus and Into the Storm and I came up with this. Feedback is appreciated.

Avenger Strike Fighter:

Type: Flyer
Tactical Speed: 22m
Cruising Speed: 1.800kph
Manoeuvrability: +10
Size: Enormous
Armour: Front 32, Side 28, Rear 28
Crew: Pilot, Tail gunner
Carrying Capacity: None

Weapons:
Pilot Operated Long Barrelled Twin Linked Las Cannon (Facing Front, Range 600m, heavy, S/-/-, 5d10+10 E, Pen 10, Clip 20, Proven 3, Twin Linked)

Pilot Operated Avenger Bolt Cannon (Facing Front, Range 300m, Heavy, -/-/8, 2d10+8 X, Pen 6, Clip 320, Storm, Tearing)

Tail Gunner Operated Heavy Stubber (Facing Rear, Range100m, Heavy, -/-/8, 1d10+4 I, Pen 3, Clip 200)

2 Pilot Operated Hellstrike Missile (Facing Front, Range 300m, S/-/-, 3d10+6 X, Pen 6, Blast (5))

Only problem I see with that model is it's design compared to its supposed role.

Having the engines be low and forward on a low level attack aircraft is about the same as saying "PLEASE RAM JUNK INTO MY ENGINE!"  Bits of flying marines, vehicles, scenery, that thing better have engines like the one I saw on the discovery channel that you can feed a volkswagon beatle into and it keeps going.

There's a reason the A-10 has it's engines both seperate from the wings, up and in the back.

You make a very good argument SirRunOn, full of logic and reason. I present, however, the counterpoint that many 40k vehicles eschew things such as logic and reason for what some call "The Rule of Cool".

But I'm sure you could make a hand-wavey reason why the engines don't burst into flames every time they make a pass over a battle. "These blades are rated to eat a whole squad-worth of Terminator armor" or something equally silly and 40k.