Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
player38122

Any thoughts on the new pieces?

4 posts in this topic

The new version of FA. I like this map a lot. The subdued colours are very easy to look on. Compared to this map the old on e looks rather ‘garish’. I like the partisans very much; the new soldiers are great as well (but from a distance remind me of “Halo” soldiers). The air units are Bitchin’, and I love the new helicopters-as they are supremely ‘cute’. The overlays are a nice touch-if powerful, and remind me of the old ASL overlays, yet with a different form and function. So…uh, I guess they don't resemble them at all then.

I find that there is little difference in the old and new Mobile Units, and I do prefer the old hovertanks-as they really do look like hovertanks or hydrofoils.

The only unit I prefer from the old set is the lasers. The ‘satellite dish’ look was slightly humorous, and did look like it could be a laser, while the new lasers just look like cranes to me.

Still, I will use all the new pieces as is, and not 'switch' them out with the old ones.

I love the new bombers - hated the old jets.

I love the new VTOLs, but I also liked the old helicopters.

I like the new tanks, but I think the old ones looked… more… tank-y?

I like the new APCs, never liked the old ones.

I like the infantry from both games, but I kinda miss the partisans being in the crouching pose.

Overall, if I swapped any pieces I would use the old tanks, but probably mix in the old partisans somehow just to get them on the board.

I like the old tanks.  I liked their disc shaped appearance, and I liked how they felt in the hand.  I don't find myself holding onto one through out the game like I did before.  I also liked the old style helicopters and lasers, but the new bombers really are great and the new partisan's are fitting with their baseball cap.  Really gets me going.  

I like all the pieces except the Lasers. I prefer the old style lasers myself; the new ones look too much like S.A.M batteries.