Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Loophole Master

Operation Hades

Recommended Posts

JigBakerSugar said:

I would have guessed superhumans to be the first soldier 4 units. Seems to fit.

I agree, I think this is our first armuor 4 infantry soldier.

The undergound sounds interesting, but as it stands now I think the Axis has the upper hand in a fight like that with the gorillas and zombies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Panzer soldier said:

JigBakerSugar said:

 

I would have guessed superhumans to be the first soldier 4 units. Seems to fit.

 

 

I agree, I think this is our first armuor 4 infantry soldier.

The undergound sounds interesting, but as it stands now I think the Axis has the upper hand in a fight like that with the gorillas and zombies.

And just because Grim Reapers, Tankbusters, etc can't jump doesn't mean they can't still move 2 per action.  Taking jump away doesn't hamstring the allies all that much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Walkers can be taken (I just skimmed, so don't know if that was brought up in the article), suddenly the short range on many of the SSU Walkers doesn't seem so bad, and for that matter the range 2 on their infantry's SMGs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine meeting a Hot Dog there:D This seems a nice campaign but will that hero be SSU obsolete? Is there a cahncw we will be able to add him to uour Axis or Allied forces?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think those won't be the big 3x3 tiles. The base will be provided by the posters and those 31 elements will look like cat-walk from Cyclone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lska said:

I think those won't be the big 3x3 tiles. The base will be provided by the posters and those 31 elements will look like cat-walk from Cyclone.

Pretty much for sure. Hope that the posters won't be needed/present, though, and just the smaller tiles (including some 2x2? 3x1? 2x1?) will succeed in mapping out a subterranean complex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lska said:

I think those won't be the big 3x3 tiles. The base will be provided by the posters and those 31 elements will look like cat-walk from Cyclone.

Good catch I bet your right! This is well definitely change the game. I am glad to is forth quarter. I love new expansions but I've just started using the tournament rules and we like playing with those. Also learn SSU too much too fast can burn you out, but keep coming with cool new stuff I will fit it in somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loophole Master said:

My bet is that Winter Child is Aircraft Armor 1. If that's the case he will be hell on the allies.

My bet is that you're wrong. I'm certain that Aircraft units are not allowed on underground tiles. But we never know… As you all know, soldier armor 4 is listed as being far beyond what is found on Earth in 1947. The Vrill will certainly be the first units to have soldier armor 4. My guess is that Winter Child is an armor 3 soldier and since he's considered a hero miniature, will gain no benefit from being in cover. In the news, they were saying Superhumans have a special ability called Defense, (if I remember correctly) that should act like vehicle armor in DW. But then again, we never know…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sparkybrain said:

In the news, they were saying Superhumans have a special ability called Defense, (if I remember correctly) that should act like vehicle armor in DW. But then again, we never know…

Probably just Damage Resilient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loophole Master said:

sparkybrain said:

In the news, they were saying Superhumans have a special ability called Defense, (if I remember correctly) that should act like vehicle armor in DW. But then again, we never know…

 

Probably just Damage Resilient.

Guess you're right Loophole. Vehicle armor in DW works exactly like Damage Resilient in DT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sparkybrain said:

Loophole Master said:

 

My bet is that Winter Child is Aircraft Armor 1. If that's the case he will be hell on the allies.

 

 

My bet is that you're wrong. I'm certain that Aircraft units are not allowed on underground tiles. But we never know… As you all know, soldier armor 4 is listed as being far beyond what is found on Earth in 1947. The Vrill will certainly be the first units to have soldier armor 4. My guess is that Winter Child is an armor 3 soldier and since he's considered a hero miniature, will gain no benefit from being in cover. In the news, they were saying Superhumans have a special ability called Defense, (if I remember correctly) that should act like vehicle armor in DW. But then again, we never know…

He could be right since the Superhuman does have some sort of JetPack looking thing on his back and the SSU strength is flying, you never know after all they did make there Artillery Walker a transport unit even though it makes no sense so why not a flying unit that cant use his ability in the expansion LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sparkybrain said:

Vehicle armor in DW works exactly like Damage Resilient in DT.

 

 

I'm sorry I made a mistake here. Vehicle armor in DW is''X'' number of dice you roll to cancel damage, where ''X'' is the target vehicle armor value. So maybe there's possibility of a new skill for DT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

smith2332 said:

sparkybrain said:

 

Loophole Master said:

 

My bet is that Winter Child is Aircraft Armor 1. If that's the case he will be hell on the allies.

 

 

My bet is that you're wrong. I'm certain that Aircraft units are not allowed on underground tiles. But we never know… As you all know, soldier armor 4 is listed as being far beyond what is found on Earth in 1947. The Vrill will certainly be the first units to have soldier armor 4. My guess is that Winter Child is an armor 3 soldier and since he's considered a hero miniature, will gain no benefit from being in cover. In the news, they were saying Superhumans have a special ability called Defense, (if I remember correctly) that should act like vehicle armor in DW. But then again, we never know…

 

 

He could be right since the Superhuman does have some sort of JetPack looking thing on his back and the SSU strength is flying, you never know after all they did make there Artillery Walker a transport unit even though it makes no sense so why not a flying unit that cant use his ability in the expansion LOL

 

And we had the heavy walkers appearing in Cerebus where they were usless as all the objectives were inside buildings.  This Superhero is pretty poor really, just looks likes any other man in heavy armour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...