Sign in to follow this  
ReNeilssance

Surely this isn't right…

My board game group loves Mansions of Madness, and me being the lovely host that I am, I thought a bit more Lovecraftian action would be just the ticket. As such, I recently purchased a copy of Arkham Horror. I have no complaints about the game itself, but when I eagerly pulled the board from its bag and opened it up, it promptly fell into three pieces. My friend thinks this is because it is meant to be modular like MoM. It's brand new from a shrink-wrapped box, and there's no sign of rips at the edges of the board, but surely it's all one piece? If so, does anyone know how I go about getting a replacement? Do I need to go back to the shop or can I sort something out from FFG directly?

Thanks in advance!

You're right, Arkham board can be folded in six pieces, but it's not modular. The best thing you can do is contacting FFG customer care (from this very page, select from the top menus "more" and you'll find the link). Usually, they answer very quickly and they absolutely rock. I'm sure your problem will be solved very soon

Yep, you definitely have a problem (mine was pretty securely fastioned together).

Best of luck with customer service - I have never tried with ffg, but with most companies it can be a rather mind numbing experience.

David.

I might step in and suggest duct-taping the back side. You'd never see that side anyway. I mean, so long as the board art isn't like damaged or anything.

A severed board?  Yeah, that's not right.  And don't call me Shirley.

Jokes aside, FFG really has unprecedented customer service.  I lost a card, I had a replacement in a week.  One of my Innsmouth cards was a bit chewed right out of the plastic, I had a replacement in a week.  Some people have had horrible, unspeakable things happen to their board: torn in half, warped like chewing gum, mangled by small woodland creatures (or obnoxious pets), covered in spilt alcohol--not just any alcohol, mind you, but DOMESTIC BEERsorpresa.gif--and all of them have had their boards replaced.

Now, in recent months, FFG had had some extra delay in responding, but I think that was due to the massive snafu that was the Mansions of Madness expansion, so things may have gone back to normal by now.  Just be persistent about of your concern and patient with their response.  I guarantee satisfaction.

Thanks for your help all. I had heard nothing but good things about FFG's customer service, but I just wanted to check this was an actual problem first and I wasn't just missing something (my friend's logic was it could be taken apart to allow you to put in bits from the expansions, which sounded just plausible enough to throw me off). It's not stopping me enjoying the game, but I suppose I want all my toys to be in one piece.